Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Sixteen

Two days after Matt freaking out at the bar over a song Johnny and him asked Layla and I if we wanted to spend the day at the beach with them. We both said yes and the day at the beach was nice, minus all the teenage girls...and boys glaring at me like I stole their candy or something. Layla and I soon found out the reason as to why we were being glared at and why we were attacked by flashing lights. Turns out the guys are in the very band that Matt freaked out about, Avenged Sevenfold. I have no issue with the guys being in a band, yet alone a very famous one. I'm shocked that they were able to keep it a secret from us for this long. I'm even more shocked that Layla is totally okay with it, I thought she would freak out on Matt, but she didn't. Hell everything is going great. We're on fire! We only have an hour left till the pub closes up and I can't wait.

Val stands next to me giving a man his drink and I laugh quietly as she nicely rejects his offer to take her home. He walks away with his ego scared and Val looks at me, “I don't see how you do it. Getting hitting on every night...I bow to you.” she says doing a curtsey and I laugh.

“You get use to it, trust me. The only thing that sucks is when the guy doesn't understand the meaning of no. Most of the time Layla and I can handle our own, but sometimes Lucas has to step in.” I explain and Val nods her head.

“He's really cute.” Val says with a dreamy look in her eyes and I giggle.

“He's single.” I tell her and she leaves from behind the bar to go lay some more of her moves on Lucas.

“Hey hot stuff.” Johnny says walking up to the bar.

“Hey yourself.” He sits down in front of me and I pour him a shot of Jack. “What's new with you rock star?” I tease and Johnny smiles.

“I enjoyed out time at the beach today...d-do you maybe wanna grab a bite to eat tomorrow before work?” Johnny asks and I smile hearing him stumble over his words.

“Why Johnny if I didn't know any better I would think you're asking me out.” I joke and Johnny's face turns red as he blushes a little.

“Oh no. No, I mean as friends...” Johnny rushes out and I place my hand over his.

“I'll see you at four.” I say and Johnny's eyes widen.

“Four? Okay! Yeah four o'clock you got it!” he says and I giggle as he walks away with some pep in his step. Shaking my head I pop a sucker in my mouth and smile as Val walks back over sitting down in front of me. I give her a nod and quickly deal with a few people who want drinks.

“What can I get ya now Val?” I ask.

“Peach Schnapps?” she asks and I nod my head making her drink. Handing it over I look around seeing people starting to leave the bar now that it's around closing time. I start to clean up the bar while Layla ushers the last bit of people out of the pub.

“Come on everybody go home to your loved ones.” she says and I walk over to Val with a glass of Coke and Rum in my hand. Layla locks the doors to make sure no one comes in and walks over to Val and I.

“Want red or white?” I ask grabbing a clean glass from behind me.

“White.” Layla says and I pour her a glass of White Burgundy. Handing Layla her glass I smile taking a sip of my own.

“I feet are killing me.” Val wines causing Layla and I both to laugh.

“That's another thing you get use to.” I say and Layla nods her head. She opens her mouth to speak, but stops when Zack's voice rings throughout the pub.

“What?! You told that fucking Irish whore that we were famous? You are both such idiots for telling her. Matt, Layla is fucking up this family very quickly and I am having none of it. You are meant to be with Val! We want it, the fans want it, your own family wants it." Zack shouts and I set my glass down along with Val and Layla. Layla walks over to Zack and I follow after her staying behind the bar.

Zacky what is your fucking problem about me dating Matt?" Layla asks calmly and I keep my eyes on Zack.

"You bitch don't belong in our family, you are nothing but a lousy bar maid. You will just suck the money out of Matt." Zacky says and I really wish he hadn't said that. After everything I've said to him I thought he would be smarter. Matt opens his mouth to protest, but Layla cuts him off and he moves out of the way near me just watching.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, you are nothing but a spoiled brat Zacky, you don't get your own way you take out on us. Face it Val has moved on and so has Matt and by the way I am a barmaid, but yet I own this pub as well. Are you just upset that Matt has found someone he wants to be with or are you just licking your wounds over a past relationship?" I smirk hearing Layla bitch Zack out for his childish behavior. I groan in the inside seeing Zack punch Layla in her mouth and her falling to the floor. Matt as well as the other guys make a move to jump in, but I quickly stop Matt and they stop as well.

“She doesn't always need you to be her knight in shining armor Matt, Layla can defend herself.” I say looking right at Matt, but I say it loud enough so the others can hear it as well. Matt looks at me then at Layla as she picks herself up off the floor with a torn expression on his face. “Trust me on this Matt. I know what I'm talking about...see.” I say pointing causing Matt to turn his head just in time to see Layla kick Zack in his ribs, upper cut him and finally send him to the floor with a punch straight to his perfect face. Layla shakes her hand out and I remove my hand from Matt's arm with a smirk on my face seeing everyone in shock. Lucas shakes his head and I down the rest of my drink.

Layla looks up from her head seeing everyone's faces and shrugs, “Hey I grew up in Dublin, my dad owned twelve pubs didn't think I learned how to handle myself in a bar fight. Oh and by the way Zacky until you grow up and learn never to hit a woman don't step foot in my bar.” Layla says hissing the last part and just like that Matt is by her side checking over her hand and face. “Get him out of here.” Layla hisses and Brian helps Jimmy pick Zacky up seeing that he can barely stand on his own from the pain and dazed state he's in.

“I will get you charged with assault you bitch." Zacky spits and Layla glares at him.

"Good luck last time I checked you hit me and I got three hits in return called self defense; I only hit you three times." Layla says and I smile watching Brian and Jim drag Zack out of the pub. Layla pushes Matt's hands off of her lightly and lets Lucas ice her hand and clean up her face. After everyone gets over their shock Val starts asking Layla how she learned all that and Layla tells her as well as the rest of us that are still her a little about her past in Dublin.

"Wow you must teach me some moves and Matt don't get on her bad side." Val says with a wink Matt's way and a smile on her face.

Matt nods his head and clears his throat, “I won't Val but if you all don't mind I am going to bring my beautiful girlfriend home." he says picking Layla up suddenly holding her bridle style in his arms.

“Night guys.” Layla laughs from Matt's arms.

“Night!” we all call after them as they leave.

“She's one tough chick.” Jimmy says walking into the pub with Brian behind him.

“Yeah. Did you send dickhead on his way?” I ask and they both nod their head.

“He couldn't drive so I called him a cab.” Brian says.

“Alright. Well now that boss lady is gone, I have to kick you all out.” I announce and everyone groans.

“Can't you keep it open for another hour?” Johnny wines and I shake my head.

“Nope. I need my sleep and I'm sure Lucas wants to leave as well.” Lucas nods his head and everyone files out. I lock up behind everyone and smile seeing Johnny leaning up against my car. “Can I help you with something?”

“Zack was my ride home and the others guys don't wanna take me home...so can I get a ride?” Johnny asks rubbing the back of his neck.

“I'm tired and I wanna sleep. Can you just crash at my place for the night and I'll take you home in the morning?” I ask and Johnny nods his head. We jump in my car and the ride to my house is spent in a comfortable silence. Pulling into my drive way I smile as Johnny jumps out the car and runs over to my side. He opens the door and offers me his hand. “Aren't you sweet.” I mutter taking his hand and shutting the door behind me.

“When I wanna be.” Johnny says lacing our fingers together as I lead him up to my front door. He lets go of my hand so I can search for my house key on my key chain. Unlocking the front door I walk in and Johnny shuts the door behind him.

“Feel free to eat or drink whatever you want. The living room is to your left, kitchen to your right. I don't really have a guest bedroom...so I guess I can share my bed with you and not make you sleep on the couch.” Johnny smiles and follows me up the steps to my bedroom. He shuts the door behind him as we walk in and I run my fingers through my hair. I should have cleaned my room...

“Nice.” Johnny says and I shake my head seeing him holding one of my thongs in his hand.

“You're not going to pocket it are you?” I ask with a raised eyebrow and Johnny shakes his head letting the thong fall to the floor.

“Thought never crossed my mind.” he says kicking off his shoes.

“Good. Do you want pants to sleep in? I have a pair of shorts that Lucas left here.”

“No, I'm fine in my boxers...if you don't mind that is.”

“Oh no...that's fine. I don't really sleep in pants either.” I find myself admitting before I can stop myself. Johnny smirks and takes his shirt off along with his jeans. He sits on the edge of my bed and takes his socks off, “Strips? Cute.” I state and Johnny winks at me as he gets under the covers. Walking over to my dresser I grab light blue boyfriend button up night shirt. Taking my jeans off I kick them to the side and bite my lower lip hearing Johnny's breath hitch. Pulling my shirt off over my head I keep my back towards him and slip on my night shirt that stops just above my knees. Taking my bra off from inside the shirt I let it drop to the floor and turn around.

Johnny watches me as I crawl into bed and he pulls me close to him once I get under the covers. “You're a tease.” he breaths in my ear making me shiver.

“I don't know what you're talking about.” I lie and cuddle into his chest. Taking a deep breath I sigh and close my eyes enjoying the feeling of his body pressed against my own, warming me.

“Night Corra.” Johnny yawns pressing his lips to the top of my head.

“Night Johnny.” I mummer tilting my head up kissing the corner of his mouth. Johnny tightens his hold on me and I bury my face in his chest. He sighs and I drift off the sleep with his heartbeat acting as my lullaby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't Johnny and Corra the cutest?

Comment and subscribe!