Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Two

“Shit I'm gonna be late!” I wine as I sit in my car glaring at the traffic in front of me. I really hope Lucas doesn't have any major plans. Reaching into my purse beside me I grab my cell phone and calls Lucas on the main line. Thankfully he picks up on the third ring.

“Hello?” he answers.

“Lucas! Listen I'm gonna be a little late.”

“How little?”

“I'm seven blocks away, so give me fifteen?”

“Park the car and walk the seven blocks. I have a date tonight and I can't be late.” Lucas orders and I roll my eyes. Leave it to him to have something to do right now.

“Alright. Alright I'm on my way now.” I say and hang up. Turning my blinkers on I let the car behind me know I'm about to parallel park. Whipping my little plumb purple car into the space I kill the engine and grab my purse. As soon as I open the door a light rain starts to fall from the sky. “Damn it.” I mumble to myself as I slam the door, lock the doors and toss my keys in the purse. If I known it was going to rain I wouldn't have straightened my hair, now it's just gonna curl right back up. With a sigh I start walking the seven blocks to Saoirse, the Irish bar slash night club that I work at.

By the time I reach the front doors my hair has gone back to curly ways and my clothes are damp. Heading straight for the bar I glare at Lucas as he eyes widen at the sight of me. He starts laughing and I can't help, but laugh too as he face starts to turn red. Jumping up on the counter I swing myself around and drop on down behind the bar beside Lucas. “Easy there guy, don't die on me.” I say and Lucas starts to collect himself once again.

“Would you like me to man the deck while you go dry off?”

“No. Wouldn't want you to be late for your sexy date with your girl Jill.” I joke and Lucas frings mock hurt as he places his hand over his head.

“Ow! Way to hurt my ego.”

“Oh that was hurt a while ago bub.”

Lucas scoffs and shakes his head, “Try not to get into any trouble while I'm gone.” he says and walks off leaving me alone to dish out drinks and deal with being hit on. Setting my purse underneath the bar I grab some paper towels and dry myself off. It's five o'clock and hardly anyone, but the regulars are here. The place won't get jumping till around seven since it's a Friday night and everyone likes to let loose.

“Can I get six Heineken?” a brown hair women asks.

“Gotcha.” Grabbing six glasses I lift them one by one up to the Heineken 'keg' and fill them up. “Would you like help?” I ask and the women shakes her head no. “That'll be twenty-one even.” The women hands over the money and walks away with her drinks. Around eight bodies head on out to the dace floor and people start to get a little crazy with their drinks. As I handle a couple ordering red wine I feel a set of eyes on me. Ignoring the feeling I hand the couple their drinks and take the money.

Turning around to put the money in the cash register I notice a scruffy black man sitting at the bar looking right at me. “I'll be right with you.” I call to him and he nods his head. Putting the money away I walk over to the man and give him a smile, “What can I get ya guy?”

“Hows about a shot of Jack and your number girl?” the guy asks and I shake my head.

“Jack I can do. As for the number no.” I place a shot glass down in front of the guy and he shucks his teeth. Grabbing the bottle of Jack Daniels from under the counter I fill his glass up, “There ya go.”

“Just leave the bottle.” the guy grumbles and I set it down next to him. Looks like someone doesn't do well with rejection. Taking a quick look around the place I smile seeing everyone having a good time, wither that be from drinking, hanging with friends or just enjoying the music. Looking at my watch I glance toward the very end of the bar on the right side and smile. You see every night like clock work a really cute guy comes into the bar at nine thirty, sits down in the same spot and orders the same thing. I've never gotten his name, actually I've never gotten more then a few words out of him. He's really big, but not in a fat way; He just has a lot of muscles. Getting his drink together I tuck some hair behind my ear and walk over to him.

“Here you go big guy.” I say placing the glass in front of him. He smiles lightly and hands me six dollars.

“Thanks.” he mummers taking a gulp of his drink. I turn to walk away, but his voice stops me, “Hey where's Layla?” Hearing him ask about Layla I have to fight back the smile that wants to come to my lips.

“What you want with boss lady?” I ask and he chuckles at the name.

“I have a question for her.”

“She'll be in at ten thirty tonight. No one trust that I won't burn this place down.” I joke and I notice that big guy has dimples when he smiles. “You know I think this is the most you've ever talked to me before. What gives?”

“Nothing.” big guy says.

“Bar hoe another one!” one of the guys yell and I sigh giving big guy a smile as I leave him alone...for now. Now that he's asked about Layla I want to know all about him. Walking over the boy who called me I refill his glass and he gives me five dollars along with his number. Giving him a smile I watch as he walks away out of sight. Heading over two seats down I throw his number in the trash and curse as the sound of glass breaking hits my ears. There's always that one person who has butterfingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first off I would like to thank LiqourxPossed for asking me to be apart of this story. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun working together!

Now the second thing I wanna get to...thanks to those who have subscribed so far. I know it's not easy giving a story a chance when it doesn't have a summary, but I'm glad you did.

Peace,
Miss.CorrCorr