Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Twenty

Corra's Pov

Waking up later on in the day I groan I have a very minor hangover that is making my head pound slightly. I have work and I really, really don't want to face Layla. With what happened between getting fresh with Johnny, getting locked up with Johnny and being bailed out by Matt I don't even want to think about what is going through her mind. I know she'll wanna hear every little thing from the time Johnny and I left the pub to when we stepped foot in our cell. I'm never drinking like last night every again while Johnny is around, we'll just get ourselves in trouble. Rolling over onto my back I glance over at the alarm clock on the nightstand. 12: 15pm it reads in bright red numbers. Sighing I will myself to get out of bed and start getting ready for today, very slowly might I add. Walking into my kitchen fully dressed I make myself a cup of green tea and toast.

Eating the food slowly I frown as my cell goes off in my pocket. Pulling it out I look at the screen and bite my lower lip. Johnny's smiling face is staring at me with glassy eyes. Clearing my throat I answer, “Hello?”

“Hey. Did I wake you?” Johnny's voice is husker then what it normally is and I shake my head though he can't see.

“No. I've been up for about half an hour getting ready for work.”

“Oh. About last night, I'm sorry. That's not how I envisioned it to end.”

“Don't be sorry Johnny. I had a really nice time and strangely I wouldn't change a single thing about last night.”

“Really? Not even the awkward silent ride home?”

“It was only awkward 'cause you asked Matt if you cocked blocked him.” Johnny laughs and I smile. Johnny clears this throat and I can hear him moving around at his house.

“Corra?”

“Yes?”

“Wanna go out again? Not tonight 'cause I'm sure you need some time to recover and all, but what do ya say?”

“I work afternoons on Mondays and Thursdays if you wanna go out then.”

“So that's a yes?”

“Yes Johnny, that would be a yes.”

“Cool, really cool. I guess I'll pick you up on Monday for our...date?” Johnny asks and I giggle at his nervousness.

“I'd like that.” I whisper and bite my lip hearing Johnny sigh in relief.

“Okay! I'll uh...see you later. Bye Corra.”

“Bye Johnny.” Setting my phone on the counter beside me I smile and scream out in excitement.

“CORRA?!” My eyes widen and I stop screaming looking down at my phone.

“Fuck...” I curse lightly and pick up the phone. “I thought you hung up...” I mutter feeling heat rush to my cheeks.

“I was about to. Are you okay? What were you screaming about?” Johnny asks and I groan hearing the concern in his voice.

“Oh...n-no reason. You know just felt like screaming?” The line is silent for a few moments and I bang my head on the counter when Johnny's laugh fills my ear. “Shut up it's not funny.” I wine with a pout on my lips.

“Haha. I'm sorry, but t-that's just...Oh God. Glad to know I can make you so happy.” Johnny laughs and I roll my eyes.

“Yeah...I'm gonna go kill myself now. Talk to you later.” Johnny chuckles and mutters out a goodbye before I hang up. Downing the rest of my food I set my dishes in the sink, walk to the front door, grab my keys off the table and leave the house. Getting in my car I rev up the engine and grab the unopened cd from the glove department. Ripping the plastic and tape off I smile as I slid the brand new disc into my music counsel. Pulling out of my drive way an organ fills the space around me followed by some guitar and drums. I shiver hearing Matt scream and the song pick up as Jimmy's voice spills out of my speakers in a whisper. Turning the volume up to nineteen I drive to work bobbing my head and jamming along to the guys band.

Parking my car I get out and head into Saoirse at one o'clock. A smirk finds it's way onto Layla's face when she sees me and I want to run out the front door. Keeping my face clam I walk behind the bar and set my bag under the bar top. “Afternoon boss lady.” I greet.

“Afternoon. Have a good sleep in your own bed?” she asks.

“Never thought I would miss it as much as I did.”

“I'm sure.” Layla opens her mouth to say more, but she cut off by Matt's voice when he walks in the the guys all behind him.

“Hey Corra! You're looking nice today, isn't she Johnny? Kind of makes you wanna just bend her over your car huh?” Matt asks and my face heats up along with Johnny's.

“What are you going on about?” Brian asks taking a seat at the bar with everyone.

“Oh did Johnny not tell you guys?” Matt asks.

“Johnny secrets don't make friends.” Jimmy states and I quickly start pouring the guys drinks hoping to bypass this whole conversion.

“Come on dude spill. What's Matt talking about...did you the two of fuck?” Zack asks and I glare at him.

“No we didn't and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't state the fact that we could have to bluntly.” I snap and he smirks downing his shot.

“So come on what did the two of you? Tell us everything!” Jimmy says and the guys nod their heads agreeing with Jimmy's statement. I glance at Johnny and he looks at me. I shrug my shoulders and shake my head.

“Better they hear it from us then these two.” I mutter looking at Matt and Layla who are both smiling innocently.

“Alright...last night after we ate we got a little drunk and well we..we-”

“You what?” Brian asks.

“I don't know. I dropped my keys, she didn't have her shirt on. It was dark, I was horny...” Johnny starts rambling and I groan.

“You suck at telling stories.” Zack says and Matt laughs.

“Care to take over or should we?” Matt asks looking at me with a smirk on his lips.

“We spent the night in jail for indecent exposure.” I mutter not looking at anyone as the words leave my mouth.

“Indecent exposure? Isn't that when...Oh you two are dirty!” Jimmy laughs and my face heats up as everyone starts cracking jokes about Johnny and I getting busted by the cops while fooling around. Around five the pub starts to get really crowded and Layla had to call Lucas and Val in to help us. The guys offered to help, but I said that would be a bad idea since they have no idea what to do. Layla on the other hand said they can do it another time after she shows them the ropes...I really hope it's a day that I don't have to work so I can see them fail measurably.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and not that entertain. Didn't really know how to spin this chapter too much this time around.

Comment and subscribe.