Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Twenty Nine

"Layla I need help down here!" I heard my mom call from the bar downstairs. I love how I have come here on holiday and I still end up working. I pulled myself upright and yelled down to my mother. " I am just going to get ready!" I grabbed my phone and flipped it open it was one o clock Irish time so it was way to early to ring Matt. Last night I know they played in Philly, I so wish I could of been there but in a way I am glad to be home. As I got a quick shower and dressed quickly I ran downstairs, as I entered the bar everybody shouted "Welcome home Layla!". I smiled at everyone and said thank you, a lot of people were shocked that I was home after all these years. "This place hasn't been the same since you left!" Adam said behind me.

"Adam! Its so good to see you!" I smiled hugging him tightly but his response was cold towards me. "What you failed on opening a bar in Huntington?"Adam smirked guess he never got over the fact of me choosing Huntington over him. "Actually Saoirse is going pretty good man, oh by the way have you learnt nothing from being with me all them years never under estimate me. Oh also you still licking your wounds over me leaving you." I smirked and headed outside to collect some glasses. As I exited the pub my phone vibrated in my pocket. "Missing you so much can't wait until you are home in my arms again. love you M xx " I smiled at the message from Matt. "I am sorry Layla." I heard Adam apologize to me. "It's alright man, since when do I ever give a shit." I smiled at him. "So what has you back Ms.Layla Louise Reid?" Adam asked sitting on the bench. "Came home to visit all of you forgot how much of a shit hole this place is compared to California." I laughed lightly. "Your still looking for closure aren't you, don't forget I have known you since we were kids Lay!" Adam smiled at me. "True, and yeah guess the time away didn't help me heal, but now i am missing my bar, my friends and of course my boyfriend." I smiled thinking of Matt. "Yeah Ger told us all you are dating a rock star." Adam said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Yeah but I don't give a crap, to me he is just Matt. A guy who happened to walk in to my bar one night and we ended up talking. What abut you any girls on the scene boy?" I asked nudging Adam lightly. "Nope a few dates and what not here and there but to be honest I never got over you Layla. You told me in a letter it was over and then you vanished." Adam said keeping his eyes on the ground. "I am sorry I hurt you Adam but we have to move on, we arent the same kids from school anymore." I said comforting him. "I know!" Adam said getting up to leave. "Oh by the way Layla, you still look amazing just like the last time I seen you." Adam smiled walking back in to the bar.

Soon Ger and Lily came out to take me to my dads grave, here is the hardest part but it is why I am here. Before leaving I grabbed a bunch of white roses to bring with me. Lily had to work so Ger brought me out. "How come Matt isn't with you?" Ger asked starting the car after i got in. "He left for tour the morning before my flight." I smiled half heartedly missing him so much over here. "I am glad you gave him a chance Layla, you seem a hell of a lot happier since the last time we saw you." Ger grinned at his accomplishment. "What made you change your mind that night?" Ger asked raising an eyebrow at me. "Guess you made me realize that I had to open my heart and I couldn't imagine letting him go either so I just took my chance and still running with it I guess." I laughed lightly. "How is Corra and Luke doing?". "Good bar Corra's little sister coming to town and burning Corra's house down and Lucas is with Matt's ex - fiancee Val, who now works with us." I replied watching the world go by as Ger drove. "Did Corra and Johnny ever get together?" Ger asked like the aul ones in the pub would do being gossip whores. "Yeah just before Johnny and the rest went on tour, I am really happy for and they live together." I said nearly making Ger crash the car. " Eh I think Matt would like me home a live bro!" i laughed at him. "Sorry just gave me a fright I guess." Ger laughed pulling up to the Cemetery. "Want to do this alone?" Ger asked. I said nothing but my face said it all I had to do it alone.

As I exited th car, I walked down the lines of peoples loved ones who had sadly passed. I soon came to my dads. I stood in front of the marble head stone and read. "Here lies Stephen Francis Reid. Loving husband and loving father. Rest In Peace Dad we will always love you!" I could feel the tears brimming my eyes already. I knelt down beside his headstone and laid the roses neatly down. "Hey dad look who finally got the courage to come visit you." I sniffed lightly.

"I did what you told me to do, go open a bar in California, Lily said you would be proud of me if you could see it. I have three co workers over there Corra, Lucas and Val. We would really like them but yo would give out cause Lucas was the only man in a bar full of women." i laughed lightly wiping away the tears. " I guess you know why I am here dad. I know you have already forgiven me for not being there when you were sick but I couldn't handle the thought of losing you. Come on you were my hero and my best friend, you taught me everything I needed to know. In all honesty dad I still can't get over the fact your gone, why is it so hard dad? Why is it taking me longer to get over this than anybody else, well maybe not mam god she tries to be so strong for me and Lily still. If you were here I know you would tell us over and over still how lucky we are to have an amazing mother. I know she is amazing fair play to her fr letting me run off like that all them years ago." I said breathing deeply and pulling my sunglasses over my eyes. "Lily is getting married in October next year in the Cathedral that you always told us stories about playing in there as a kid. I knew her and Ger were meant to be you always said they would end up together. Funny how things happen. I met someone in California but dad I will be honest and if you were still here you would be angry at me for opening up my heart and let him love me. I was afraid dad really afraid the last person I loved was you so much, I couldn't imagine Matt getting hurt or leaving me here to defend myself I can't take the pain but he as softened the pain so much.

You would really like him to be honest he is everything to me. He has these heart melting Hazel eyes, kind hearted, strong, tattooed yeah I know my type indeed and has the most heart warming smile. We live together at the moment but he is away on tour, can't wait until he comes home and he cant wait until I come home either. Yeah I know with him being famous its going to be hard to be apart but honestly dad I don't care because when he is home he sticks to his word and I do believe now he will never dream of hurting me. Of course if he does I will blame myself for opening my heart and letting someone love me. I was doing quite fine before but hey he is still proving me wrong like he promised. I love him with every fiber of my heart and I hope that maybe give me your blessing to move on and stop living in the past please." I said trying to calm myself done, soon after calming down I felt a warm breeze circle around me "thanks dad and I love you too. Promise not to leave it to long next time. Rest in Peace dad no need to worry I am going to be just fine." I smiled walking back towards Ger who was waiting to give me a huge hug. "How do you feel now?" Ger asked letting me go from the hug. "Much better mind if I ring Matt before we leave." I asked and Ger shook his head. As I picked up my phone I soon realized I had accidentally rang Matt, ringing him back in confusion he quickly answered. "Hey baby how you feeling?" I heard Matt's warm voice fill my ears. "Better much better baby. Guessing you heard me talking to him then." I said getting embarrassed. "Yeah I did and I love you too baby but listen I will ring you before the show tonight ok?" Matt said quickly which was weird for him. " Yeah cool baby talk later love you." I said but Matt hung up so quickly I don think e heard me say I love you. I shrugged and walked back over the car and climbed in.

Ger and I drove in silence all the way back home. When we got back to the pub I started serving for a bit around dinner time. I was joking and laughing with everybody it felt like I never left. I didn't realize I had worked right to closing with talking to everyone and catching up. After I helped clean up I sat down breathing a sigh of relief but strangely enough when looking at the photos of memories of me and Lily with dad all the way up to the Christmas before he died I had a genuine smile on my face for once. I went on to Facebook to message Corra to see if my bar was standing still I noticed an email from an unknown sender usually I ignore them but something told me I had to open it. As I opened it a picture appeared, as I stared at it my heart broke in two completely. How could he do this to me? I soon felt the tears running down my cheeks. Lily and my mam heard me crying and ran into my room. Shocked at what they were seeing Lily hugged me tightly then asked what was I going to do? I simply told her I don't know all I know is I need to get back to California. So I messaged Corra telling her I was coming home a few days early and she said she would pick me up at the airport. Times like this I really need Corra,Val and Lucas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys it took so long. Thanks for the comments and subscribing makes me smile. :)