Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Three

I climbed out of my car in the alley way beside Saoirse and locked the door. I lit a cigarette and relaxed before entering my pub. I couldn't get him off my mind since last night. I finished my cigarette quickly and walked into the bar. Corra was working tonight so tonight will fly by. "Ok my bar is in one piece still." I laughed when I seen Corra. She smiled and hugged and went back to serving customers. Friday nights were usually busy by the time I got in. I went to the back to my office to put my things down. His notebook was on my desk I guess Lucas put it in here when he was on shift. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Corra shouted down to me. "I could with some help up here boss?" Corra shouted. I laughed "It's miss boss to you love!" I said locking my office.

I ran upstairs and began serving there he was sitting at the bar with his Jack and coke in his hand. "Layla he was asking for you earlier? I was shocked he knew your name?" Corra said beside me as she fixed a drink for a customer. "He was in last night and we kind of got talking." I shrugged. "Whats his name can't keep calling him big guy or Mr Muscles." I laughed at the way Corra puts things. "His name is M. he is just turned 30 and that is all I know." I smiled walking away from Corra to serve him.

"Whats up M?" I smiled at him. "Nice to see you too Layla, but please call me Matt." he smiled. "Well Matt my lovely barmaid said you were looking for me, so here I am how can I help ye?" I asked while pouring a customer a pint of guinness. "I was wondering did I leave a notebook behind me here last night?" he looked slightly nervous, like he never really talks to people. "You here for the night I am kind of busy serving but I have it in my office." I winked at him. "Sure I will just give my friends a call and have tem come down and keep me company thanks Layla." he smiled getting up to make a call.

I was smiling and having fun with customers, I have grown use to drunk people especially when they hit on me. I get defensive when sleezy guys hit on Corra though she is beautiful but some men try manhandle her. I watched as everyone was enjoying themselves dancing or playing pool. I soon noticed Matt was back with four other men. I walked towards them and smiled. "What can I get you boys?" I asked leaning on the bar. "Five Jack and cokes Layla." matt asked with a smile. I walked over smiling them men are cute, I looked o Corra and nticed her locking eyes with someone. I followed hr gaze to the short one. "Hey drools a lot" I shouted at Corra who snapped out of her gaze. "Sorry boss won't happen again." she giggled and I smiled giving the lads their drinks.

Through out the nigt I learned Matt's were Brian Johnny Zacky and Jimmy. We all joked and messed around but for some reason I got a weird vibe from Zacky. As usual I had a bar I didnt even know the guy. Soon it was closing time and the guys offered to buy me and Corra breakfast. "Just let me cash up and get your book and I will be right with you. I grabbed everything and shoved my jacket and the notebook in my bag. One thing I love about Corra was she knew how to keep this place clean.