Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Thirty

Corra's Pov

Standing in the middle of the air port I yawn and paw at my eyes tiredly as I wait for Layla to get off her plan. She told me she would be in around four this afternoon and it's now four thirty. Val offered to come and pick Layla up with me, but I declined the offer. I have a few issues I need to discuss with Layla before the guys get back from tour, which is in three days. My cell phone goes off and I pull it out of my purse looking at the caller ID seeing that it's Layla.

“Hello?” I answer.

“I just got off the plan. Where are you at?”

“In front of the Starbucks on the right hand side as your coming out.”

“Alright I'll be there after I get my bag.”

“Okay.” I say and hang up. Shrugging my purse farther up onto my shoulder I wait for Layla nervously. How the hell am I going to tell her what I know without breaking her heart? Twisting one of my curls around my finger I bite my lip and think of how to lighten the blow of the news.

“Corra!” Seeing Layla's smiling face brings a smile onto my own and I open my arms running over to her.

Hugging her tightly I bury my face in her shoulder, “Don't you ever leave me alone with Lucas again! It was hell!” I joke and Layla laughs hugging me back.

“Don't worry hun I'm not going anywhere for a long time.” Layla says and we break apart from each other.

“Ready to get out of here? We can hit up a Chinese place on the way home.”

“That sounds wonderful right about now. I missed our little evening dates.”

“Well it's on me so lets get the hell out of here.” I say and we leave the airport quickly. I lead Layla over to Johnny's car and her eyes widen.

“You are not.” she says and I nod my head. “Does he know?”

“What he doesn't know won't hurt him.” I state and Layla laughs as she puts her bag in the back seat and we get in. You see Johnny is in love with his car and doesn't let anyone drive it, like I said what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

“You are so bad!” Layla exclaims putting her seat belt on as I start the car up and pull out.

“I blame TV these days.” I state and Layla rolls her eyes with a bemused smile on her face. “So how was home?”

“It was...good. I saw a lot of people that I thought forgot all about me when I left, but they didn't. Hell they weren't even mad, well most of them weren't. They kind of understood why I left.” I nod my head letting Layla know I'm listening. “I visited my father.” I glance over at Layla and she has a sad smile on her face, “It was hard, but it was something I needed to do.”

“Did you get the closer you were looking for?” I ask.

“Yes, but you know what they say. When one door closes another opens.” Layla says and she doesn't sound happy at all about that.

“You don't sound too happy about that.” I point out and Layla shrugs her shoulders. “What happened over there?” I ask and Layla bites her lower lip making me worry more.

“I'm gonna text Lucas and Val I miss them.” Layla says changing the subject and I keep my mouth shut and drive. After a half hour I parallel park on the side of the street a little little bit away from the Chinese place. Layla and I get out of Johnny's car and walk down the street in silence. Layla isn't this quiet, something bad must have happened back home while she was gone. Fuck that just makes my news even harder to deliver. Stepping inside the little corner restaurant I ask for a table for four while Layla runs to the restroom.

“It'll be a ten minute wait.” the man tells me and I nod my head accepting the time. Val and Lucas should be here by then. Sitting down on one of the benches I pull out my phone when it goes off. Looking I frown seeing a text from Matt Have you talked to Layla lately? Glancing at the direction Layla went in I sigh before I reply.

I talked to her this morning. Y? I press send and he responds back to me almost seconds after the message is sent.

I've called her twice and she's not answering Reading over the text my eyebrows come together in confusion. Why wouldn't Layla answer Matt's phone calls?

Her hands could be full at the moment I lie since it seems that Matt has no idea that Layla is back in California now.

Yeah you're right. I'll call her later on. Thanks :) Shaking my head I send him back a quick reply and shove my phone back in my purse when Lucas and Val walk into the restaurant. Standing up I pull the both of them into a hug and Val looks around.

“Where's Layla at?” she asks.

I open my mouth to answer, but Layla's voice cuts me off, “Right here.” Val smiles and runs over to Layla wrapping her around her.

“I've missed you!” she giggles and Layla laughs hugging Val back.

“I've missed you too.” Layla says and walks over to Lucas and I with Val next to her.

Lucas pulls Layla into a hug and smiles at her, “How was your trip?” he ask.

“It was good.” Layla says as Lucas lets her go.

“Green table of four!” the man calls out.

“That's us!” I say and we all follow a women who has our menus. She leads us to a table near the back and we all sit down.

“Hi. I'm Jess and I'll be your waitress. I'll give you a few minutes to decide what you would like to drink.” she says and walks off. Looking at the menu I smile seeing that they have green tea.

“I know what I'm getting.” I say and Lucas shakes his head already knowing.

“What is that?” Val asks.

“Green tea.” Lucas, Layla and I say at the same time and Val laughs.

“Get that a lot?” she asks and I shake my head.

“Only when I go to a Chinese restaurant.” I say and she smiles.

“I'll get that too.” she says and Lucas nods his head in agreement.

“Same.”

“Ah why not.” Layla says and we all look over the menu to pick what we would like to eat. Jess soon comes over and Lucas orders the group green tea. Jess writes it down and leaves us alone. “So is my pub still standing?” Layla asks and we all nod our heads.

“We have a few rough nights-” Val starts and Lucas cuts her off,

“But it was nothing I couldn't handle.” he says and Layla rolls her eyes as he flexes. We fall into a light conversation catching Layla up on everything that happened while she was away, only stopping to order our food when Jess comes over with our tea.

“I still don't know where your sister ran off to Corra. Have you heard from her?” Val asks and I inwardly groan as they all look at me. I glance over at Layla and I notice that she is no longer smiling.

“My sister? Oh um you know...she's uh ontourwiththeguys.” I say rushing out the end not even sure if they even understood me.

“Poor dudes.” Lucas says as he drinks his tea.

“Yeah...” I mutter and grab my cup of tea. Feeling Layla's eyes on me I fight the urge to look back at her.

“Why the hell is she one tour with them? I'm sorry Corr, but your sister's a whore.” Val states and I nod my head.

“Tell me something I don't know. I can't even trust her, I don't trust her.”

“Speaking of trust...” My eyes look up from the table and I stare at Layla waiting for her to continue, but she waits as Jess and two other people bring our food over.

We start to eat and half way through the meal Lucas speaks up, “What where you going on about before the food came?” he ask and Layla pulls her phone out of her pocket. She messes around on it shortly before she hands her phone over to Val. Val's eyes widen and she looks at Layla then to me before she hands the phone to Lucas who's happy aura turns sour. He shoves the phone at me and I reluctantly take it. Letting my eyes fall to the screen I gasps. There right before my eyes is Amirah and Matt against in a lip lock. It's easy to see that Amirah took the photo with one hand while she kissed Matt and it makes me sick.

Setting the phone on the table I quietly excuse myself from the table and hurry to the bathroom. I make it to the stall just in time before I empty my stomach into the white porcelain toilet. Yes, I knew about what my sister did, but to see it? To physically see it, to be shown that picture by Layla just makes me sick. I don't understand how Amirah became such a whore, we grew up together and yet she turned out like that. The bathroom door opens, soon someone is holding my hair and rubbing my back. From the soft touch I know it's Layla. “I'm so fucking s-sorry Layla. I-I'm s-sorry.” I stutter as my stomach rolls over and I empty my stomach once again.

“Shhh. It's not your fault. I guess Matt and I just weren't meant to be.”

“N-no! You're w-wrong. It's not...it's not what is looks like.” I cry pleading Matt's case. Pushing myself away from the toilet, I flush it and stand up with the help of Layla. She offers me a piece of gum and I take it as I exit the stall. “Don't leave Matt L-Layla. You two are perfect for each o-other.” I state bending over the sink to cup so water in my hands to rise my mouth out. Doing so I stand up straight and shove the gum in my mouth.

“I refuse to be with a cheater.” Layla states and I shake my head.

“That's not what happened. I mean...okay the picture is bad, but Matt was-”

“Wait! You knew? You knew about this and didn't tell me?!” Layla yells and I flinch at her tone of voice.

“I was going to tell you after we ate.”

“Oh really? What is there to tell me huh? That you let your skank of a whore sister fuck my boyfriend? Gee Corra you're such a good friend!” Layla says sarcasticly and I shake my head getting angry. I'll be damned if she throws my friendship back in my face because of my sister's stupidity.

“First off they didn't fuck, Johnny stopped them before it got that. Second of all don't you dare blame this on me! Third of all don't fucking call me a bad friend, I've there for you since day one! I'm always there for you no matter what and you know what? I refuse to see you break your own heart to no repair, you are going to call Matt and you are going to fucking talk to him dammit! What you thinking you know and what actually happened are two different things; So I suggest you get your facts straight before you snap at me!” I shout and Layla's face turns red as she glares at me.

“I trusted you.” she hisses.

“And you still can, but it's clear that you don't see that right now-”

“I still can?! You fucking knew about it!”

“I said I was going to tell you later! God what don't you understand?! I've been going insane trying to think of a way to tell you. You're so fucking stubborn! Open your God damn eyes Layla! This! This-” I motion with my hands between her and I, “Is just what Amirah wants. She wants you to hate me like you hate her. She wants you to leave Matt so you can be a miserable as she is. She wants everyone who is doing something with their lives to fail! She want you and Matt to fail. Don't you see that? Don't you see how much she hates how happy we are?” I yell my voice soften towards the end as I breath heavily. “Don't you see that Layla?” I ask and when she doesn't answer I shake my head. “When you do I'll be at Johnny's.” I mutter and walk past her. Opening the bathroom door I jump seeing Lucas and Val both standing there looking worried.

“Is eve-”

“Give her a ride home. I'm leaving.” I mutter and hand Lucas enough money to cover both mine and Layla's food. Walking out the restaurant I head to Johnny's car and get inside. Resting my head on the steering wheel I close my eyes and sigh. Grinding my teeth together I sniff and pick my head up fighting off the tears. Pulling out of my parking spot I start to drive and curse as my eyes start to burn. Speeding to Johnny's house I jump out of the car once I get in the drive way and run inside the house. Peanut barks and follows me up to the bedroom. Picking her up I set her on the bed and lay down kicking my shoes off. Burying my face into my pillow I start to cry and cruse my sister for ever being born. What if I really lost my best friend because of her? I'd lose my job as well. I'd lose everything...everyone. If Layla just calls Matt he can get Johnny to explain what happened and then maybe her and Matt could patch things up. Layla can't lose Matt and Matt can't lose Layla, I won't let it happen.

Once the guys get back from tour I'm gonna deal with Amirah once and for all. I'm done letting her get away with everything. This time she went to far.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Corra is very serious about the people she loves. Think her words will get through to Layla? Will Layla talk to Matt and hear his side of the story or will she let Amirah get away with what she has done?

Comment and subscribe.