Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Thirty-Four

Corra's Pov

After dropping Layla off at her house and making sure she was okay to be alone for the night. Johnny and I headed on back to his place. This whole situation is messed up and it doesn't look like it will get better any time sooner. Matt fucked up, yes I know he was drunk, but he still should have known not to do anything with Amirah. As much as I want Layla and Matt back together, I don't think either one of them would be fully happy. The wound is too fresh and it needs time to heal, I see that now. Maybe in a month or so everything will be better. Johnny pulls into the drive way and kills the engine, “What are you thinking?” he asks looking over at me.

“That everything is shot to hell.”

“Everything?”

“Everything.” I say softly and get out of the car. Johnny gets out as well and heads the front door unlocking it. He lets me in first and then shuts the door behind him.

“I think I can change your mind.” Johnny says and I shiver as he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the back of my ear. “Everything will work out you'll see.” Johnny whispers running his hands up my sides pulling my shirt up slightly. Turning myself around in his arms I stare into his brown eyes, “Just give it time.” he mummers and presses his lips to mine. Kissing Johnny back I lose myself in the feeling of being held in his arms. For a small guy he's pretty strong and he makes me feel safer then I've ever felt. I giggle as he picks me up bridle style and walks up the steps to the our bedroom. I've finally moved my stuff into his room. Once on the bed Johnny makes quick work of ridden me and himself of our clothes, leaving us both in only our underwear.

His lips sear my skin leaving behind a pleasant burn that makes my lower half ache slightly as the rest of my body tingles. Arching my back as we kiss I allow Johnny to unclasp my bra and throw it to the floor. Johnny's hands head farther down south and he hooks a finger underneath my panties. Pulling them down I blush when he throws them over his shoulder. His eyes drink in my body and I bite my lower lip. Seeing this Johnny cups my right cheek and runs his thumb over my bottom lip, “Stop doing that,” he breaths out and leans down, “there's nothing to be bashful about. You're beautiful.” Johnny presses his lips to mine and somewhere between then and the four play he loses his boxers. Reaching over to the nightstand beside the bed Johnny grabs a condom and rips it open with his teeth. Putting it on himself he presses his lips to mine and licks my bottom lip asking permission to enter my mouth.

Parting my lips I welcome Johnny's tongue and moan softly. He tastes like spearmint and smoke. My hands wrap around Johnny shoulders and before he can get any farther his phone rings, “You have to be kidding me.” Johnny grumbles and I laugh lightly. “I'm not answering it.” he states and kisses my neck.

“J-Johnny answer the phone, it could be important.” I stutter trying not to moan.

“Nothing is more important then you and me.”

“Such a charmer.” I mummer and his phone rings again. Groaning Johnny glares down at his jeans and I push him off of me lightly.

“Answer it. I'll be in the shower.” I state pecking his lips. Getting off the bed I head into the bathroom and let Johnny have his privacy with whoever is calling. Fifteen minutes later I step out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped about me and Johnny is still on the phone. Dropping my towel I giggle hearing Johnny groan as I walk in his line of vision to get my pj's for the night out of my drawer. Slipping on a pair of clean panties and one of Johnny's shirt I walk over to the bed and crawl onto it. Laying down I yawn and Johnny looks over his shoulder at me. I he gives me a questioning look and I giggle. Crawling over to him I stand up on my knees behind him. Wrapping my arms around his shoulders I kiss his cheek and rest my head on his shoulder. Johnny laces our fingers on our left hands together and kisses the back of my hand.

“Matt just give it time dude. I'm sure she'll come around.” Johnny sighs and I frown. “Yeah I...no-” Johnny sucks his teeth and groans, “I don't fucking know what to tell you. Get a shower and get your big ass to bed. I'll call you in the morning when you're hungover and not piss drunk.” Johnny says and hangs up.

“What did Matt want?” I ask softly. Johnny sets his phone on the nightstand and I notice that the condom is there as well. Johnny lets go of my hand and unwraps my arms from around him before he lays down on the bed and pulls me down beside him. Resting my head on his chest I run my finger tip over his tattoo's on his right forearm as he holds me.

“He's drunk off his ass crying. Layla won't take him back and he feels like shit. Also he wants to hire someone to kill your sister.” Johnny says with a light chuckle and I sigh. “Don't worry I talked him out of it.”

“He doesn't need to be drinking right now.” I point out.

“We're men, that's what we do.”

“A bottle isn't going to change anything.”

“No, but it numbs the pain for a short while.”

“He can't drowned his sorrows.”

“I know...come on lets get to bed. I'll talk to Matt in the morning okay?”

“Okay.” I tilt my head up and Johnny pecks my lips.

“It'll be okay, I promise.” he whispers and I nod my head kissing his lips.

“I know.” I mummer and roll over onto my side. Johnny turns as well and wraps his arm around me, pulling me flat against his chest so that we're spooning. He kisses the back of my head and I close my eyes listening to him hum softly.

Morning comes all to soon for me and I wake up to find that I'm in bed alone. Johnny's side of the bed is unmade and a little cold so I know he got a while ago. The sound of the shower turning off catches my ear and I yawn wiping the sleep from my eyes. Pulling myself out of bed I start to get ready for the day. I have to work today from three to closing and I'm not looking forward to it. I just wanna stay home and have a lazy day with my good friends Ben & Jerry and maybe Betty Crocker. Once dressed I head downstairs and start making breakfast. The doorbell rings and Peanut barks as she runs to it. Turning the stove off I head to the front door and open it frowning when I see Matt. He looks like shit. Stepping to the side I let him in and shut the door behind him. “You cooking?” he asks and I nod my head. He mumbles something under his breath and follows me into the kitchen.

“You look like shit.” I state and Matt yawns rubbing a hand over his face.

“Yeah, I know.”

“Did you eat yet?”

“No.”

“Did you even shower?”

“No.”

“You brushed your teeth right?” I ask and Matt nods his head. “Good.” As I continue to cook Johnny jogs down the steps and comes into the kitchen. He sees Matt and pulls him out so they can talk. Twenty minutes later the food is done, “Boys foods done!” I call out as I start making their plates. Matt and Johnny both come rushing into the kitchen and I laugh as they fight over which plate is theirs. Cutting the fight short I place the plates down in front of them and Matt frowns, “You're hungover. I know you're not gonna eat too much.” I state and Johnny snickers.

At two fifty-five I walk into Saorise and it's just Lucas inside. “What are you doing here? You're shift doesn't start till five.” I ask.

“I need to ask you a question.”

“Okay shoot.”

“Do...do you think it would be too soon to ask Val to move in with me?” Lucas asks and my eyes widen.

“No! Oh God no! Luc I so fucking happy for you!” I shout and pull him into a hug. Hugging me back he laughs. “I never thought you would ever ask a girl to move in with you.” I say and Lucas laughs harder.

“Same, but Val...she's different. I can see myself with her for a long time.” Lucas says and I smile.

“Awe you love her don't you?” I ask and he nods his head smiling with a light blush to his cheeks.

“Yeah. I do.” he says and I grin. I'm happy for Lucas, Val is a good women and I have a feeling the two of them will last a lifetime.

By nine o'clock the pub is packed and we're all running around getting people drinks, cleaning up messes and breaking up a few fights. Lucas has been watching Val all night and she has caught him a few times staring at her. It's really cute. Right now it's nine thirty and the pub is starting to relax, everyone is drinking and having their own little conversations with their friends. With our little break I notice Lucas making his way over to Val and I smile. “Layla look it.” I say pointing over to Lucas and Val. Layla turns from watching the pub and she looks completely lost when Val starts jumping around happily and Lucas stands in front of her with a large smile on his face.

“Did I miss something?” she asks.

“Lucas asked Val to move in with him...and I take it she said yes.”

“Lucas? Really?” she asks shocked and I laugh nodding my head. “Didn't see that coming.”

“Same.” I laugh and smile when Val runs over to us.

“Congratulations!” Layla and I say at the same time. Val smiles and we all hug each other. At least somethings are looking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness and shortness. My mind is fried right now.

Comment.