Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Hearing that Layla is pregnant with Matt's baby is very shocked. Layla isn't the type to just sleep around and make mistakes. While she put a smile on her face when she told us the new I could see through it. She's scared and confused. Hell I would feel the same if I was in her place. She's going to have a baby by the man she can't trust...it would be wise for her to talk to Matt and tell him. He needs to know before it's too late, but Layla is too damn stubborn to do that. I would tell him myself, but I need this job. I refuse to live off of Johnny's money and on top of that I would miss seeing everyone's faces each day.

I'm a little on edge about Zack finding out about the baby before me, but I guess it's for the best. With Zack's knowledge of the baby he can prove to Layla that he's a good guy if he can keep the secret from Matt like the rest of us. I'm sure the baby is going to look beautiful. If Layla has a little boy he might have Layla's brown eyes and Matt's 100 watt smile. If they have a little girl...damn she'll be locked away from everyone. I'm pulled from my thoughts by Jimmy's loud voice as he throws himself down on the stool in front of me demanding that I give him my undivided attention and sever him beer.

“Corra! Y-you know what I like about this place?” Jimmy asks his light lisp showing with the more beer he drinks.

“What do you like about this place Jim?”

“Besides the sexy women and booze? I-I like the...um I like t-the music!” Jimmy says and falls into a giggle fit. I shake my head and laugh with him, his laugh is just too contagious. “C-can I have some candy?” Jimmy asks and I nod my head reaching under the bar for my bag of goodies. I set the bag on the car and Jimmy shoves his hand in taking a hand full of candy. “Thanks!” he says and runs off with his candy and glass of Guinness. Taking a lollipop from the back I peel the wrapper off and put it in my mouth before I hide the bag under the bar again.

“Corra can you have these drinks over to the table in the right corner?” Val asks and I nod my head as she loads the drinks up on a tray. Jumping up on the bar I swing my legs over and get down lifting the tray in my hand. Heading over to the table I smile at the men and they all cheer when I set the tray down in front of them.

“Damn can I drink you as well?” one of the guys asks and I shake my head.

“Is there anything else I can get you guys?”

“How about a little dance baby?” the same guy asks and I brush off his comment. Since none of the other guys say anything I walk away and wait on other tables making sure they are having a good time. As I make my rounds I spot Zack sitting at the bar waiting for me with a beer in his hands.

“Can I help you Mr. Vengeance?” as I jump behind the bar.

“Why don't you walk around like everyone else?” Zack asks and I shrug my shoulders.

“It's more fun this way, now what can I do for you?” I ask grabbing another piece of candy from my bag and handing it over to Zack.

“Thanks. Do you think we're all doing the right thing?”

“With?”

“Keeping the...well keeping Layla's secret from Matt?” Zack asks and I sigh.

“It's not our place to say what is right or wrong. We're just doing what we're told because we're Layla's friends and she needs us to be there for her.”

“...I guess you're right, but I feel like I'm betraying Matt.” Zack admits and I nod my head understanding him.

“So do I, but it's for the best...Layla needs to gain up some courage and Matt, well he needs time to pull himself together. If Layla told him about the secret now he'd be a mess.” I point out and Zack takes a sip of his beer before he opens up his Jolly Rancher and pops it in his mouth.

“This sucks. You know that right?” Zack asks and I nod my head once again. “It's not fa-”

“Hey sugar buns we need you!” the table in the corner shouts and I hold up my hand letting them know I'll be over shortly.

“You were saying?” I ask and Zack shakes his head.

“Sugar buns?”

“It's not the worst I've been called.” I say with a frown and Zack makes a face.

“What's the worst thin-”

“Come on sug baby hurry up!” they yell and I pull the lollipop from my mouth before I turn around and face them.

“Can you hold the hell up?! Fuck I'm talking to someone!” I shout glaring at the men and they all stare at me shocked, hell everyone in the pub is starting at me in shock. I blush and groan banging my head down on the bar top making Zack laugh. He places his hand underneath my forehead and makes me stop.

“You alright babe?” Johnny asks walking over and I pick my head up slowly embarrassed.

“I want to die a little bit, but other then that I'm fine!” I say and flash Johnny a wide smile. He laughs and sits down next to Zack.

“Don't worry Corra I'll deal with them this time.” Lucas says and heads over to the table of guys in the corner.

Zack pulls his hand back to himself and I set down two shot glasses in front of him and Johnny. They both look at me and I smile. “Relax this won't kill you.” I say as I grab two watermelon flavored Jolly Ranchers from my bag, unwrap them and set one in each glass. Turning around I search the self for the white and pink bottle of vodka. Smiling when I see the bottle I grab it and turn back around only to find Zack and Johnny both staring at the bottle like it's poison. “What?” I ask and Johnny looks at me.

“Bubblegum vodka?” he asks and I smile nodding my head.

“You'll like it, trust me. I got drunk off my ass with half a bottle of this when we first got it.” I admit and Zack laughs. I pour the vodka into the two shot glass and mix it around with the Jolly Rancher. “Go at it.” I say sliding the two glasses over to Johnny and Zack. They both look at me then at each other.

“We've done worse.” Zack states and Johnny nods his head before they both pick up the shot glass and down the shot taking the candy in their mouths as well. I watch with a knowing smile on my lips as Zack and Johnny both look at each other with wide eyes.

“Told you so.” I sing and walk away farther down the bar to serve another person. By the time closing time rolls around I'm ready to go home and snuggle in bed with Johnny. I don't know why, but it seems that tonight I got hit on more than I usually do and it was annoying, hell even Johnny was getting pissed and it takes a lot to get a rise out of him.

“Don't let him drive home Corra!” Layla shouts from her car window as I unlock the Johnny's car. I turn around and laugh seeing Johnny stumbling his way over to the car.

“I won't!” I call after her and she beeps twice before she pulls out of the parking lot. I open the passenger side door and lightly push Johnny towards it, “Get in, you're not driving.” I tell him and he grumbles something under his breath as he gets in and shuts the door. I walk around to the driver side and get in. I start the engine, pull out of the parking lot and head home. While driving I jump slightly feelings Johnny's hand on my thigh I glance over at him and he's smiling coyly at me. I push his hand off of me and shake my head, “Not while I'm driving Johnny.” I tell him and he pouts. At a red light Johnny takes off his seat belt and attacks the side of my neck with his lips.

I nearly stomp on the gas in shock when the light turns green, but catch myself. I press on the gas lightly and somehow manage to drive the rest of the way home with fighting Johnny off my body. When we get to the house Johnny gets out of the car and so do I. A scream falls from my lips when Johnny picks me up and sets me over his shoulders like he's some kind of fireman. Johnny walks up to the front door and unlocks it. He walks in and rushes up the steps nearly dropping me a few times. Entering the bedroom Johnny tosses me down on the bed and I giggle when he crawls on top of me and starts placing kisses all over my face, neck and shoulders. Our clothes come off and the thought of Layla and Matt becoming parents runs through my mind.

I bite my lower lip and lightly push Johnny off of me. He looks at me confused and I press my lips to his, “Condom.” I mutter against his lips and he nods his head. He digs around in the drawer beside the bed and groans.

“We're out.” he sighs with a frown.

“Go use the bathroom.” I tell Johnny and he pouts.

“I thought you were on the pill.” Johnny says and I shake my head. Johnny groans and rolls out of bed. He heads into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him. I roll over onto my stomach and sigh. I can't believe I just cocked blocked my own boyfriend. Half an hour later Johnny exits the bathroom and lays down in bed pulling me into his arms. “I'm sorry.” I say softly and Johnny kisses me.

“It's alright. It's too soon for little me's to be running around.”

“You want kids?” I ask a little shocked and Johnny nods his head.

“One day...a little girl.”

“Why a girl?” I ask noticing that Johnny has sobered up slightly.

“It was hell growing up being this short. If I have a little girl she can get away with being short.” Johnny says and I laugh lightly. “What do you want?”

“It doesn't matter to me as long as the baby is healthy, has ten fingers, ten toes and two eyes.” Johnny's hold on me tightens and he stares into my eyes. “What?”

“Why are we talking about babies?” Johnny asks and I shrug my shoulders, “Are you...?”

“No. No I'm not pregnant.”

“Corra?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.” Johnny says and I smile.

“I love you too John.” I say and he presses his lips to mine.

“We'll have the perfect family when the time is right.” he tells me and I kiss him harder. His words put a smile on my face and scare me all at the same time. Would we be good parents? With John being famous would he in our child's life at all with the band and touring? I bury my face in Johnny's chest and close my eyes. Are these the questions running through Layla's mind?

In the morning I'm woken up by my cell phone going off. I look beside me and Johnny isn't in bed so I grab my cell phone and answer it. “Hello?”

“Can you come to my place please?” Layla asks.

“Now?”

“Yes.”

“I'm on my way.” I tell her and hang up not bothering with questions. She'll tell me what's going on when I get there. Getting out of bed I quickly get a shower and get dressed. I jog down the steps and Johnny walks out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in his hands.

“Where you going?” he asks as Peanut walks over to me.

“Layla's house.”

“Alright I'll see you later on.” Johnny kisses me deeply and I pull away breathless. He sure does know how to make it hard to leave him.

“Bye.” I say and head outside over to my car that I saved money up for. I get inside and drive to Layla's with my mind racing a mile a minute. Is something wrong? Did she talk to Matt? I pull onto her street and spot Val's car in the drive way. Pulling in behind Val's car I kill the engine and get out. Walking up to the door I knock twice and let myself in. “Layla? Val?” I call out.

“Kitchen!” Val calls back and I walk in seeing the two of them sitting at the table eating cut up fruit with yogurt.

“Is everything okay? Is the baby alright?” I ask and Layla nods her head.

“Come sit down and eat with us.” She says and I sit beside her. I take a strawberry and dip it in the yogurt.

“So...what am I here for?” I ask looking between Layla and Val.

“Well I have a question. Val already said yes, you don't have to say yes if you really don't want to. Corra would you come to Lily's wedding with me?” I stare at Layla confused.

“I thought you were taking Matt?”

“I was, but now I'm not. So will you come?”

“...Yeah, I mean I'm not going to miss out on a reason to party!” Layla and Val both laugh and Layla hugs me.

“Thank you.” she says and I nod my head.

“When should I get my dress?” I ask and Val speaks up.

“We're going dress shopping on Friday.”

“I can't wait...oh question?”

“What?” Val and Layla ask at the same time.

“Last night Johnny and I kind of talked about kids...is that weird?” I ask and they both look shocked.

“Does he know about-”

“No I didn't tell him anything.” I say cutting Layla off and she nods her head before she sits in silence thinking.

Val pops a grape in her mouth, chews and swallows, “Johnny's a family man, much like Matt. For him to bring up kids is a little weird this early in the relationship, but I think it's cute...well the ideas that come along with it.”

“Ideas?” Layla asks.

“Yeah. I mean come on could you imagine the two of you pregnant at the same time?” Val asks. Layla looks at me and I look at her for a long time before smiles both grace our lips. I have to admit that would be pretty cool our kids would be close just like we are.

“But Layla and Matt have been dating longer then John and me.” I point out and Val shrugs her shoulders.

“Who cares. I really don't think the two of you are going anywhere anytime soon. It's clear that you both love each other, much like Layla and Matt.” Layla opens her mouth to abject, but Val gives her a look daring Layla to say that Val is lying, but Layla says nothing. “Like I was saying, since the two of you love each other so much. I don't see anything wrong with talking about kids. I'm not going to lie. Layla ever since you told me you were pregnant I've been thinking about kids as well. I'm twenty eight years old and I'm not getting any younger. I want to be able to have a child while I still can and not be one of those old mom's. I've always told people I would have a child before I'm thirty and I plan on keeping it that way.” Val says and I nod my head understanding her.

“Val I run a pub, that's no place for a pregnant women to be.” Layla says and we all shrug.

“You can stay in the office and do paper work. Val, Lucas and I will take over the bar. You're a freaking genius with numbers and you know damn well that the paper work doesn't stress you out like the bar tending does at times.”

“That is true.” Val says and Layla nods her head knowing it's true. “Speaking of stress...what are you going to do about Matt?”

“I don't know. I want to tell him, but I don't know how....I've hurt him so much and I don't think he'll want to deal with me.” Layla says and I frown.

“Layla that big guy loves you. I've never seen someone so in love...it's kind of gross really, but nonetheless he loves you. You could turn gay and he'd still love you. You being pregnant with his baby isn't going to make him love you less, he can't hate you even if he wanted too.”

“It would make like a lot easier if he did.” Layla mutters and I slap her arm.

“Shut up. It would not. If Matt hated you, you would be heartbroken. You need him just as much as he needs you. Only you're more stubborn to admit it.” Val says and I nod my head in agreement.

“Whatever.” Layla says and I smile, it's clear to see that she knows we're right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe