Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Four

Work was really good last night. Layla and I made new friends with big guy, who's name is Matt and he's little group of equally activate friends. They had invited us to breakfast and neither Layla or I backed out. The guys are funny people, had Layla and I laughing the whole time we were with them. Which was a good thing, everyone needs to laugh once in a while, if not every day at least once. Today Lucas and I switched shifts. I'll be working the afternoon while he gets the evening. I have three hours to waste before I have to head on over to Saoirse and I have no idea what to do with myself. Leaving my house I jump in my car and drive to the candy store. I'm in need of some sweets right now. Turning on the radio I groan hearing Taylor Swift's voice. Quickly I change the station and smile hearing some dulling guitars going at it. “Damn these guys are good.” I say out loud impressed by what I'm hearing.

A rough voice seeps out of the speakers and I bob my head to the beat as the man sings.

A place of hope and no pain, perfect skies with no rain.
Can leave this place but refrain, 'cause we've been waiting for you.
Fallen into this place, just giving you a small taste.
Of your afterlife here so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway.

This peace on earth's not right (with my back against the wall).
No pain or sign of time (I'm much too young to fall).
So out of place don't wanna stay, I feel wrong and that's my sign.
I've made up my mind.

Give me your hand but realize I just wanna say goodbye.
Please understand I have to leave and carry on my own life.

I don't belong here, I gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife.
'Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here.
Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you.
This place full of peace and light, and I'd hoped you might,
Take me back inside, when the time is right.


Pulling up in front of the candy store I sit and just listen to the rest of the song. “That was Avenged Sevenfold with their single Afterlife.” the radio host says and I kill the engine to my car. Stepping out into the bright sun I slip a pair of sunglasses onto my face and walk into the candy shop. Browsing around I smile finding fresh taffy and lollipops. Bagging my goodies I head up to the cash register and let the man ring me up. The bell above the door rings and I smile handing the man the money. “Thank you.” I say softly and turn around only to bump into someone's chest. “Oh sorry.”

“My fault. I should have been standing that close.” I look up and brown eyes look down at me. “Hey I know you.” the guys says and I smile recognizing him from last night.

“Brian right?” I ask and he smiles nodding his head.

“You made quiet the impressing last night.” he says and I look down at my shoes shyly. So I may have been a little on last night and said some things. Brian laughs and I glance up at him, “Are you working tonight?” he asks.

“No I work the afternoon shift today.”

“Oh good to know.” he says with a smile and I bite my lower lip playing with one of my curls.

“Um well...I'm gonna go. It was nice seeing you again Brian.” I say lightly.

“You too Corra.” he say and moves out the way so I can leave. Getting in my car I start the engine and pull off in search of a gas station. Filling my tank up I drive home and place my taffy in the kitchen for later, the suckers I'll be taking to work with me. Three o'clock rolls around and I head to work not looking forward to it. Saturdays at this time drag on and on, but at the same time I get a lot of free time to myself. Though since Lucas is always on the afternoons, I'm stuck with the 'morning' set up. Shoving a watermelon lollipop in my mouth I park my car behind the bar and get out. Swinging the keys around my finger I hum the little tune from earlier this morning and walk up to the door.

Unlocking it I walk it and turn on the lights ready to start the day. Jumping over the counter top I place my purse under it and start re-stocking the selves and cleaning some glasses. Turning on the radio system I search for that radio channel that I found in my car and smile when I find it. Turning the music up to fifteen I do a quick clean up of the bar and enjoy my alone time with a good book before people start coming in a half hour later. A large group of twelve walks in and three guys come over to order drinks. “Damn look at you girl.” the one says and I raise my eyebrow.

“What can I get you?” I ask and he smirks down at me licking his lips.

“Twelve Mike's lemonades, twelve double shots of Jagermeister and twelve shots of Patron Gold.” the guy says. With a nod of my head I get twenty four shots lined up and fill them all up with Jagermeister and Patron. Setting the drinks on two different trays, I set them on the counter in front of the guys. Turning around I get another tray and set the twelve bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade on it.

“Here you go boys. That'll be $160.79” I say and the guy in the middle hands over his credit card. Swiping it through the register I hand it back to him. “Have fun.” I say with a smile and head on over to take care of the other customers. After a while the same guy from before walks up to the bar and waves me over. “Hold on.” I tell him and hand a women her beer. Walking over to him with a shot glass in my hand I motion for him to say what he has to say.

“When you get off?” he asks getting right to the point.

“You don't need to know.”

“Aw come on girl I wanna take you out. Buy you something nice.”

“Not interested.”

“You look like you're in need of a good fuc-” Before the guy could finish his vulgar comment he cries out in pain and my eyes widen when I see Matt's friend Johnny twisting the guys arm behind his back.

“Apologize and get the fuck out!” Johnny growls at the guy and the large group stands up from their table and start to head towards Johnny, but make a b-line towards the door when Brian and Zack walk up behind Johnny. “Now!” Johnny hisses as the guys says nothing.

“I'm sorry!” the guy cries and Johnny lets him go shoving his towards the door with his friend. They all leave and I stare at Johnny shocked. I can't believe he just nearly broke that kids arm over nothing. Johnny's hard eyes soften when he looks at me.

“You okay?” he ask and I just stare at him.

“Me? You're asking me if I'm okay?! You nearly broke the guys arm and you're asking me if I'm alright?!” I ask my voice raising a little bit.

“Um...yeah. He shouldn't have said that to you. You're too sweet to be talked to like that.” As those words leave Johnny's mouth my face heats up and so does his.

“I'm fine...thanks.” I mummer embarrassed a little bit and Zack clears his throat.

“How about a couple of drinks for your heroes?” he asks and I laugh nodding my head.

“What you feeling?”

“Jack.” Brian says and I line up three shots pouring the amber liquid into them.

“Thanks.” they all say and down the shot.

“We'll be over there if you need us.” Zack says pointing to a spot away from John and I. Johnny rubs the back of his neck and looks at me. I grab a lollipop from under the counter, pull the wrapper off and pop it in my mouth. Johnny's eyes flicker down to my lips and I smirk.

“See something you like?” I ask licking my lips and Johnny's eyes me up. He wipes his with his thumb and his nose ring flashes in the light.

“Can I have a taste?” John asks and I hold out my lollipop to him, but he shakes his head. “That's not what I want.” he says resting his arms on top of the counter. This guy knows his way with words, I like it. Placing my arms on the counter I lean in a little bit and Johnny's eyes brighten up. With my short height I lift myself up off the floor and lean in getting closer to Johnny's face. His eyes close and I smirk, nice try Johnny boy, but I'm not that easy. Taking one last lick of my lollipop I press it against Johnny's lips. His eyes open and I smile at him backing away, letting go of the sticky treat that is now sticking to his lips. He pulls it off and sticks it in his mouth. He laughs lightly as I pull another suckers from my pocket, pull the wrapper off and shove it in my mouth.

Grabbing the end of the candy Johnny holds his in his hand, “Do you always have a billion lollipops on you?” he asks with amusement in his voice.

“No. Just today, I went to the candy store.” I admit and Johnny chuckles.

“Can I get three beers?”

“Sure.” I say and fill up three glasses with Coors Light. Johnny puts his lollipop back in his mouth, pays for the beers, grabs them and sends me a wink walking off towards his friends. Once he's out of sight I sigh, that boy is way to much.
♠ ♠ ♠
What ya think? Johnny's a little dirty cutie isn't he?

Comment and subscribe.

Peace,
Miss.CorrCorr