Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Forty

Hearing the news about Layla being pregnant was a shock to the guys. Matt took it the hardest, he ran after Layla after she told him, but she left for her sisters wedding giving him no chance to voice his feelings. He's confused, very confused. He loves Layla, he loves her with all of his heart and he loves her even more now knowing that she is carrying his child inside of her womb. Still he can't understand why she would keep this from him, he's angry and hurt by that. What has him even more confused is that Layla told Zack, Zack of all people about the baby. If anything Matt could have seen Layla telling Brian, but not Zack. It's mind blowing that Layla would go to Zack before him and he's not going to lie, he's a little jealous. Wouldn't you be jealous too if your girlfriend told her enemy, but you about your baby?

The day after Layla left for her sister's wedding, which he was suppose to go to, he cleaned up his act...with some help from Johnny. Helping meaning Johnny went to Val's and kicked Matt's ass for acting like a little bitch about everything. Matt had stated to fall into a funk and the news of Layla keeping his baby a secret from him only made if worse, but Johnny was right there to set Matt straight. Matt's no longer drinking the heavy shit every night, he's cut back and he's sticking with five beer every other night. Two days have passed since Layla, Corra and Val left and Matt is freaking out. He wants to call Layla, but the guys have convinced him not to. Right now Matt is at the pub with the rest of the guys helping Lucas run the place.

“Is it just me or are there a lot more females in here tonight?” Johnny asks and Matt looks up from the shots he's pouring. His eyes scan the room quickly and he nods his head.

“Makes you wonder were they all come from huh?” Lucas asks as he passes the guys with a tray full of beer in his hands.

Matt takes a face and hands Johnny the tray of shots, “Table six.” he says and Johnny walks off. Matt wipes his hands on the towel that's hanging from his belt and he smiles seeing Zack playing DJ on the radio.

“Dude look how much I'm making in tips! It's fucking sweet!” Jimmy yells as he runs over to the bar and pulls out a wad of cash.

Matt laughs and nods his head, “Careful Jimmy. Any of these girls see that and they'll think you're trying to say something.” Matt jokes and Jimmy wiggles his eyebrows.

“They can think all they want, but I have a sexy women waiting at home for me.”

“Oh Leana came back from her parents?”

“Yep! Got back three hours ago.” From the corner of his eye Jimmy sees a group of women waving him over. “Well talk later. Duty calls!” he says and hurries off. Letting his eyes roam around the place Matt smiles, everything is going good. He's kind of surprised really. The last time him and the guys served beer it was a disaster and they kept breaking glasses, now they're like pros. Matt is sure that if Layla saw him she's be not only shocked, but proud. The thought of Layla makes Matt's heart swell slightly in pain. He wants her back in his life, he wants to be a family, he wants to be able to wake up with her in his arms and feel the roundness of her growing stomach.

The office door opens up and Matt looks over his shoulder looking at Brian as he comes up with a frown on his face. “What's wrong dude?” Matt asks.

“I need a fucking drink.” Brain mutters and Matt chuckles pouring his friend a glass of Guinness.

“So how's the paper work coming along?” Matt asks. Brian got stuck with the office work cause he's the only one that did basically fail math in high school and hate it. Brian's quite the closet nerd when it comes to numbers.

“It's going, but it's so fucking annoying. I get one bill paid and then I have to pay for something fucking else, it's never ending.”

“Glad I'm not in your shoes right about now.” Matt says and groans low in his throat when a blond women walks up to the bar with hardly anything on. “What can I get for you tonight?” he asks politely.

The women smiles and bats her eyelashes, “I'll have Bourbon on the rocks and maybe a little bit of you on the side.” the women purrs. Matt opens his mouth to speak, but Brian cuts him off.

“Sorry lady, but he's taken.” Brian says and wraps one of his arms around Matt's waist. The woman's eyes widen and Matt keeps a straight face as Brian leans up and kisses his check.

“Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were-”

“It's alright hun. Nobody every does. Ain't that that right Mattie?” Brian asks and Matt nods his head pouring the women her drink.

“Well it's a shame. Two handsome men like yourselves bating for the other team.” The women says as Matt hands over her drink.

“We get that all the time. I can't help it, his ass turns me on.” Brian says and Matt yelps lightly when Brian grabs his ass for added measure. Flushed the women walks away and Matt pushes Brian away from him who is laughing.

“I fucking hate you.” Matt says and Brian waves him off.

“I'll be in the office waiting for you sexy.” Brian says loudly as Jim and John walk up to the bar. Matt's face turns red and he glares at Brian as he retreats back in the office.

“Sexy huh?” Johnny asks.

“You wanna tell us anything?” Jimmy asks and Matt flips the two of them off. The night passes by without any issues and soon it's time to close and lock up. Zack, Brian and Jimmy kick everyone out for the night while Johnny, Matt and Lucas clean up.

“Tonight was pretty chill considering all the females that were in here.” Lucas says and the guys nod their heads in agreement. “Did you guys get felt up as much as I did?” Lucas asks and Johnny laughs shaking his head.

“No, but I did get hit on a lot. It's was weird. I mean I'm a rock star and I've never had half the shit from tonight said to me.” Johnny says and Matt pats Johnny on his back.

“It's all good man we know you get no love. So it's fine to not be use to it.” Matt teases and Johnny pushes his hand off of him.

“Fuck you Shads! I'm getting love just fine.” Johnny states and Lucas glares at him.

“Watch yourself Steward, that's my friend you're talking about.” Lucas says and Johnny waves him off. “Speaking of...are you and Zack cool now?” Lucas asks looking at Matt.

“Yeah. I apologized to him yesterday. I shouldn't have jumped to any conclusions like that. Zack's not the type to sneak around, if he wanted Layla for himself he would have been more open about it from the start.” Matt says.

“Good, so then we're all up for drinks back at my place?” Lucas asks.

“Fuck yeah!” Brian shouts as he exits the office and locks it behind him.

“I'm gonna have to pass.” Matt says and Johnny nods his head.

“I'm with Matt. See you losers tomorrow.” Johnny says and he leaves the pub with Matt. “Coming back to my place?” Johnny asks and Matt shrugs. They get in their cars and head to Johnny's house. They park their cars in the drive way and head inside. “Want water or fruit juice?”

“Water.” Matt says and walks into the living room as Johnny heads into the kitchen. Matt sits down on the couch and turns on the TV. As he waits for Johnny he looks around the room and notices that there are now pictures of Johnny and Zacorra scattered around, but what catches his eyes is a picture hanging on the wall on the far left. Picking himself up off the couch Matt walks across the room and looks at the picture. It was taken at the beach, Layla and Corra are both in their bikinis sitting in between Matt and Johnny's legs with large smiles on their faces as Matt and John kiss their cheeks.

“Remember that day?” Johnny asks stepping into the living room with two water bottles in his hand.

Matt looks over his shoulder and nods his head. It was their forth double date and Matt suggested the beach 'cause the girls always had a good time there. “I can't believe they did fifty push ups each.” Matt chuckles and Johnny smiles remembering that. Him and Matt had gotten into a small argument over who was hotter between the two of them. They had asked the girls and they didn't want to answer, so Matt said if they did fifty push ups they wouldn't have to answer...well they did the push ups and they didn't have to answer, but Matt knows that he would've been declared the sexiest. “You know they thought I was the sexiest right?” Matt asks and Johnny scoffs.

“Whatever man.” Johnny says and hands Matt his water. The two of them sit down on the couch and drink their waters watching the TV show Grimm. “Matt?”

“Humm?”

“What are you going to do once Layla gets back?”

“I don't know. I love that women so fucking much Johnny, but she's so confusing. Sometimes I think she wants me back and then others...I don't know man. I want her to be mine, I want us to be together and live happily ever after, but I know shit like that doesn't happen. I just want to be apart of my child's life, I want to be the best father I can be and I can't be that father if Layla doesn't want me back. I don't want our kid to come into this world with us still split up ya know?”

Johnny nods his head and takes a sip of his water, “Tell her that when she gets back...talk to her when she's in the office or we could do a double date again. Kind of like what Zack and I did with Corra and her sister.” Johnny offers and Matt shrugs his shoulders.

“I just want her back John. I want Layla and my child in my life and if I have to get on my knees and fucking beg I will.”

“Did you ever think you would be a dad at twenty-nine?” Johnny asks and Matt shakes his head.

“No, but I'm happy I am. Maybe this is a sign...you know if there is a God or whatever. Maybe this is him...or her tell me that it's all gonna work out.”

“Maybe...or this is just life telling you to wrap your dick better.” Johnny jokes and Matt rolls his eyes at his friend.

“What about you man? When the hell are you going to settle down and have a few baby gnomes?” Matt asks and Johnny bites his lower lip.

“Corra and I talked about it. Now it makes sense that we did since she knew about Layla, but I don't. I want kids, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. Corra and I are both pretty young. I want her to be able to live her life and the same goes for myself. I'm twenty-five Matt, I'm still a kid myself.”

“Yeah you do look like a fucking happy ass baby.” Matt jokes and Johnny laughs.

“I wish I would see a baby with facial hair like mine, fuck that would be the day I quit drinking for good.” John says and Matt raises his eyebrow.

“Don't jinx yourself man.”

“Haha yeah...but really Matt. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Layla's the best thing that's ever happened to you besides the band.” Johnny says and Matt nods his head.

“Thanks Johnny, that means a lot.” Matt says and gives John a smile which the younger man returns. “Okay now that we're done with our chick moment can we please watch a horror movie or some shit? I think my balls are starting to disappear.” Matt jokes and Johnny snorts. The rest of the night is spent watching horror and action movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoyed writing then chapter. I don't think Avenged fans give Johnny much credit like all the others. I'm sure he's helped the guys out with so tough shit, so this chapter is for him. Remember we all hail Johnny Christ!

Also I just want to thank Amanda for always being patient with me between updates. She's the best and I really don't think I've told her that, so yeah...You're the best!

Comment and subscribe.