Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Forty-Two

Matt's Pov

“I guess that's why they call this guy Skippy!” I exclaim making the guys all laugh after Jimmy tells his story.

“Fuck that man I'd rather get my ass beat.” Zack says wiping away his tears from laughing so hard.

“Like you would really let that happen. ZV you're more of a hard-ass then Sanders over there.” Brian says and I flip with off making everyone laugh again. My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket. Looking down at the caller ID and stand up and quickly excuse myself from the guys. I head out front to get away from all the noise and answer my phone.

“Layla?” I ask forcing my voice to stay normal so she won't know how badly I've been waiting for her call. Instead of hearing her voice I hear her cries and I start to worry.

“I've screwed up Matt. Big time, I didn't give you a chance to say anything after I told you.” She cries and I lean against the wall.

“Layla I am going to be a dad. I always wanted a family. I am having a baby with the girl of my dreams...” I run my hand through my hair and continue, “I just wish she would let me back in and let me help.”

“I can't let you help. I want to, after Amirah, I really do Matt. I want my baby to have her father in her life. Can we talk when I get home please?” Layla asks and she's no longer crying which stops my worrying. Hearing her say that she wants me in our baby's life...our baby girl's life put a smile on my face.

"Of course we can go some where and talk okay?" I ask and I can feel my heart slowly pulling itself back together with the hope Layla has just given me.

"I'll you tomorrow evening then and make sure Johnny and Lucas pick up their girlfriends." Layla laughs and my heart skips a beat. Tomorrow? She'll be back tomorrow! The pub door opens and I look to my right, Lucas spots me and waves me in. I hold up my hand signaling I'll be in within the next five or so minutes. Lucas nods his head and goes back inside.

"I will. I better get to work, people won't serve themselves." I chuckle know realizing just how true that statement is.

"You are working at my bar?" Layla asked and she sounded a bit defensive.

"Yeah, just helping Lucas out while you ladies are away." I state a little afraid if I've pissed her off or not. I hope I didn't, I don't want to give her anymore reason to keep me out of my daughter's life.

Laughs and says, “Don't worry Matt, Lucas told me already that he recruited you and the guys to help him out.”

"Don't do that to me Layla! I will see you tomorrow. Night." I say once my fear disappears. Hell I through she was going to rip my head off or some shit like that. I've heard horror stories about pregnant women.

“Night Matthew.” Layla giggles and hangs up. I stare at my phone and let out a long sigh as I rest my head on the building. She's given my a second chance...I think.

“Ah fuck.” I groan and open my eyes. I shove my phone in my pocket and push myself off the wall. I head inside and get behind the bar.

“Who was on the phone?” Johnny asks, he's still in the same spot that I left him, only it's now just him and Zack. The other guys are doing their own thing with their girls.

“Layla.” Zack and Johnny both look at me shocked. “That's what I was thinking.” I say and they both quickly fix their faces.

“W-what did she want?” Zack asks.

“She want to talk. She feels bad about running off after she told me about the baby...oh and she'll be home tomorrow night with Val and Corra.” I say as an afterthought and a large smile breaks out over Johnny's face. “What?” I ask looking at him. Johnny looks at Zack and he smiles wide as well. “What the hell are you two planning?”

“Head home for the night Matt, you'll need your read. Oh and you better be up and ready tomorrow by nine in the morning.” Johnny says and he waves Lucas over. As Lucas walks over a guy waves for me. I frown hearing Zack, Johnny, and Lucas all start to whisper once I walk away.

By ten o'clock I'm home in bed, but I can't fall asleep. My mind is racing with all the possible things I should tell Layla and what she could say to me. I want her back in my life so badly, I want to marry her...I want to wake up one morning, look by my side and see her beautiful body sleeping with our daughter between us after a nightmare. I want my family to be a real family, I want Layla to still love me like I have always loved her.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but when I open my eyes I'm blinded by the sunlight pouring in through the curtains. My phone goes off beside me on the nightstand and I groan, who the hell is calling me this early...however early it may be. I grab my phone off the nightstand and answer it without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I answer still half asleep.

“Rise and shine Matthew!” Jimmy's loud voice screams from the other side of the phone and I cringe pulling the devise away from my ear.

“Jimmy stop screaming!” I wine and he laughs loudly.

“Get up, get a shower and get dressed miser. Brian will be at your front door in a half hour.” With that said Jimmy hangs up and I stare at my phone confused. Why is Brian coming to my house? I blink a few times and look at the time on my phone. It reads eight-thirty in the morning....great. With a tired sigh I roll out of bed, set my phone on the nightstand and walk into the bathroom. I rid myself of my boxers from last night and jump in the shower. Fifteen minutes later I exit the bathroom clean, shaven and with my teeth brushed. I dry myself off and get dressed in dark wash jeans, a white Slayer t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off, black sneakers, a black and white bandana around my damp hair and my aviator sunglasses.

I shove my phone, keys and wallet in my pocket, then grab two of my necklaces. I slip them on before I put my hat on and spray myself with my cologne. I exit my bedroom and once I get to the bottom of the steps a horn honks from outside. I text Brian, letting him know I'll be out shortly after I let Bella out to the bathroom. “Bella come on!” I call out and she runs out of the living room. She follows me into the kitchen and I let her out through the side door. While Bella does her thing I refill her water bowl with fresh water and put some dog food in her other dish. Bella runs back inside and I pet her head, “Be good.” I tell her and shut the side door, locking it up. I head to the front door and exit the house, locking the door behind me.

I walk up to Brian's car and get inside, “Hey man.” he greets.

“Hey. Where are we going?” I ask and Brian smirks slipping his sunglasses over his eyes. “You're not going to tell me are you?”

“Nope.” he says and pulls off. “There's breakfast in the glove department for you.” Brian says and I keep myself quite. If I ask him question, he'll ignore me. I open the glove department and sure enough there is a Denny's bag inside. I pull the bag out and look inside. There are three white containers in the bag. I pull them out and one's filled with scrambled egg's, the other is bacon and the last one is pancakes with maple syrup.

“Thanks.” I say and start eating. Led Zeppelin plays from the car's speakers and the ride is silent, wherever Brian is taking me it's a a bit far.

Two hours later Brian pulls up in font of a tailoring, “Get out.” he says and I give him a questioning stare. “Come on man, get out. Jimmy is inside waiting for you.” Brian says and I get out taking the Denny's bag with me. Brian pulls off once I shut the door and I shake my head. I enter the shop and I look around trying to find Jimmy, but I don't see him.

“Are you Mr Sanders?” An older man in his fifties asks.

“Yes.” I answer and he smiles.

“Right this way.” he says and I follow behind him. “Do you know your proper size?”

“No.”

“Than it's a good thing you're friends came here or else you would be shit out of luck.” the man says and I laugh. I didn't expect him to curse.

“MATT!!! Oh I've missed you!” Jimmy screams and the older man easily moves out of the way just in time as Jimmy jumps down off a ladder right on top of me. We fall to the floor and Jimmy starts laughing wildly while I groan in pain, I didn't see that coming at all. If I had I would have caught him...I take that back, I would have moved out of the way just like the older man.

“J-Jimmy I c-can't feel my legs.” I tell him and he rolls off of me. He does some kind of ninja styled jump off the floor and lands on his feet. Jimmy offers me his hand and I take it. He helps me up to my feet and dusts me off.

“Okay Carl work your magic on this massive man.” Jimmy says and I stare at him confused.

“What's going on? Why am I being fitted?”

“You have to look fresh as def, not like some raging pimp out of a bad gang movie!” Jimmy exclaims and the older man shakes his head while I stare at him completely lost. That didn't answer my question at all.

“Come on young man. Go in the changing room, there are five suits that your friend has picked out fro you to try. Try each one on and show us them all.” the older man says and I nod my head.

By one-forty I'm out of the tailors and once again in Brian's car. He drives for a half hour and pulls up in front of a flower shop, “Come on.” he says as he kills the engine. We get out of his car and enter the building. A women with blond hair and stormy blue eyes smiles up at us.

“Good to see you again Brian. You must be Matt, I'm Angie!” She says holding out her hand. I shake it and smile. “Alright boys if you'll follow me into the back we can get started.” Angie says and I spare a glance over at Brian who motions for me to go first. I follow behind Angie and we walk through two pairs of double doors into a room that is filled with many different kinds of flowers. In the center of the room is a large table with nine vases of different shapes and sizes, ribbon of all colors, scissors, glue, cards, markers and plastic bags.

“What are we doing here?” I ask.

“I'm going to show you how to make your own flower center piece and bouquet.” Angie says and walks over to the table.

I open my mouth to ask another question, but Brian cuts me off, “Just do it.” he says firmly and I grumble under my breath. Angie shows me three pictures of different center pieces and we make all three of them. Then she shows me how to make a bouquet. I make three different bouquets and Angie smiles, nodding her head in approval.

“Nice job Matt. You're a natural at this, whenever you get tired of being a rock star swing by and I'll give you a job.” Angie says and I laugh.

“Thanks, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.” I tell her and she smiles.

“Well we're done here...Oh wait. One question, favorite flower?” Angie asks and I don't even have to think about her words.

“Roses. White roses.” I say and follow behind Brian as he leaves. We exit the building and get in Brian's car, “Where to now?” I ask and Brian shakes his head saying nothing. I look at the time it's now three o'clock. I pull out my cell phone and text Layla asking her what time her plan gets in. She texts me back letting me know she'll be back home at seven-thirty. Brian pulls up in front of Zack's house and I look at him. “Get out?” I question and Brian nods his head. I get out the car and walk up to Zack's front door.

I knock twice and I hear his voice all out, “It's open!” I open the door and my nose it hit with smell of fresh vegetables, spices, fruit and grains. I follow the sound of Zack's humming and I'm led to his kitchen. My eyes widen at what I find. Zack is wearing a chef outfit with the hat included, moving around his kitchen like some kind of professional chef on crack.

“What are you doing?” I ask and Zack looks over his shoulder at me.

He smiles and turns around with a smile on his face, “Sit, but don't touch anything.” he says and I do as I'm told. Sitting at the island with my hands in my lap I watch Zack as he goes back to cooking a billion different things at once.

“What's with all the food?”

“I have these dishes and I think they all taste great, but you know me. I can never pick what I want, so that's where you come in. You're my little taste tester today!” With that said Zack walks over to the oven and opens it. He grabs two pot holders and pulls out a cookie sheet that is three times its normal size. It's filled with six dishes and I stare at it when he sets it down in front of me.

“What is all this?” I ask looking at the food that I had no idea Zack could even cook. Out of all of us Zack's the best cook, but I've never seen him go all out like this before.

“Going from left to right? Well we have...” Zack lists off the dishes and I stare in wonder, what is going on with everyone today? “This is just the start. I still have to show you the main dish and the deserts!”

By four o'clock the sound of Brian's horn hits my ears and Zack shoos me out of his house. Everything he made was delicious, but I narrowed it down to one appetizer, two main dishes and one desert for him. “How was it?” Brian asks.

“I didn't know Zack could cook like that.” Brian laughs and nods his head.

“He only does it when his parents are coming for a visit.” Brian says and I nod my head. That makes sense. “I'm dropping you off at Saoirse from there you're all Lucas and Johnny's.” Brian says and I nod my head. Forty-five minutes later Brian drops me off in front of Saoirse and leaves. I enter the pub and Lucas smiles at me.

“Matt, finally good of you to join us. Where the hell have you been?” Lucas asks.

“I don't even know.” I say and Lucas waves me over.

“I have a shipment of wine coming in later on and I'm not sure which to put out on the self. Johnny likes the Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay and Chateau Lynch-Bages, but I like the Groenekloof Sauvignon Blanc.” Lucas says and pulls out the three bottles. He opens each one and pours a little into three different glasses. I taste the three of them and look at Lucas.

“It's between the Chardonnay or the Blanc.” I say and Lucas nods his head. “Is that all?” I ask.

“Johnny needs your help.” Lucas says pointing over onto the dance floor. I walk over to Johnny and he rubs the back of his neck.

“What's wrong? You look nervous.”

“I asked the rest of the guys and then all said no...well Zack helped me a little, but still you're my last chance.”

“With what?” I ask and Johnny bites his bottom lip.

“Well um...since Corra is coming home tonight I thought I would do something special for her you know? I plan on taking her our to dinner and then go dancing, but the place I want to go is a bit on the upper class side. I don't want to look like a fool.”

“Okay so what do you need me to do?”

“Will you dance with me?” Johnny asks and I look down at him. “Please? I won't tell anyone I swear!” he says.

“You want me to dance with you and be the girl?” I question making sure I understand him correctly.

“No you don't have to be the girl. I need to you take control so I can see how it will look with Corra.” Johnny says and I shrug my shoulders.

“Alright man whatever. I'll help you out.” I say and Johnny smiles.

“Thanks man.” he says and I nod my head. I offer Johnny my hand and he takes it. We get in the proper dancing position and I glare back at Lucas when the music turns soft and romantic. He laughs and Johnny clears his throat, “Ignore him.” he mutters and I focus on Johnny. Listening to his instruction on how I should move. By six I have the moves down and Johnny is confident that he'll do well dancing with Corra. “You're not that bad of a dancer Matt.” Johnny says and I roll my eyes.

“Shut up.” I say and he laughs.

“Wanna come with me to get a hair cut?”

“Sure.” I say and we head out of Saoirse. I get in Johnny's car and he drives to a hair salon. He convinces me to get my hair cut as well and at six-thirty we walk out of the salon. I'm back with the buzz-cut and it feels good. I kind of missed having really short hair. My phone goes off and it's Layla texting me letting me know that Val's sister Michelle will be picking them up from the air port. I reply with an 'ok' and soon after my phone goes off and Jimmy calling. “Yeah?”

“Dude come to my place, we have to get ready!”

“Ready for what?” I ask.

“We have a hot date with the wine Lucas just got.” Jimmy says and I laugh.

“Alright I'll be there shortly.” I say and hang up. I would have said no, but since Michelle is picking the girls up I can hang with Jimmy for a little while before I talk to Layla. “John can you drop me off at Jimmy's?” I ask and Johnny nods his head.

Within a half hour I'm at Jimmy's house and getting dressed in the shit from the tailor shop I meant Jimmy at. I don't get why we have to dress up so nicely if we're just going to sit around in Saoirse, but I'm not going to say anything to Jimmy about it. Once I'm dressed I walk down the step and find Jimmy waiting for me.

“Don't you clean up nicely.” Jimmy says with an approving smile and I smile.

“You look good too. So we heading out or what?” I ask.

“Lets get going. We can't be late.” Jimmy says and I ignore his comment. Jimmy locks up the front door behind him and we head to his car. We get in and we're at Saoirse within the next fifteen minutes. Jimmy kills the engine and we get out out the car. We start walking toward the front door and as we get to it Brian walks out.

“Looking pretty sharp there Sanders.” Brian says and I nod my head. “Here.” he says and hands me a bouquet of white roses.

“Um...thanks, but I don't like you that way?” Brian scoffs and shakes his head.

“They aren't from me stupid. Lucas wanted me to wait outside for the wine, but since your here, you can do it. He said that the chick driving the truck is a sucker for white roses and if you give them to her she'll give us a extra bottle of wine.” Brian says and I roll my eyes.

“Why do I have to do it?” I ask and Brian looks at me.

“Lets see...” he says and brings up his fingers, “One you're baby's mama is the owner of this place, two Lucas if kind of your boss and three because I don't feel like doing it.” Brian says. “Come on Jim, lets get out of here.” Brian grabs hold of Jimmy's wrist and drags him inside the pub. I grumble under my breath and lean against the wall waiting for the women who is suppose to deliver the wine. Fifteen minutes pass and a car comes down the street, it starts to pull into the parking lot and I notice that it's Michelle's truck. She picked the girls up...

The doors open and the first to get out of the truck is Val who is dressed in black shorts and a white strapless shirt. “Hi Matt!” she greets running over to me. She gives me a hug and smiles, “Is Lucas inside?”

“Yeah.” I say and she hurries inside. Next out of the truck is Michelle and she's dressed in black and white just like Val, but her outfit is a black and white dress with a gold zipper that goes up the front.

“Hey Matt.” She says and heads inside.

Corra steps out of the truck and shuts the door behind. She's dressed in a dress that has a black shirt and stripped black and white cross over top that makes the dress look like a shirk and shirt. Corra gives me a smile and waves me over. I take slow steps over and watch as she opens the passenger side door. My breath stops when Layla's pale leg comes into view. I quicken my steps and offer Layla my hand to help her out of the truck. She looks surprised to see me, but takes my hand nonetheless. I help her out of the truck and my breath catches in my throat when I take in her outfit. The black and white poke-a-dot dress she has on shows her baby bump and the black mini sweater she has on to cover her shoulders makes the bump more noticeable.

“You look beautiful.” I mummer and Layla blushes placing a hand on her stomach. My eyes glance down at her stomach and I stop myself from touching her. I won't do anything until she says I can. As if reading my thoughts Layla lifts my hand and places it on her stomach. “Does she kick?”

“When I'm trying to sleep, yes.” Layla says and I smile feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. My beautiful baby girl is kicking already...I can't wait to feel her kick myself. I feel a soft nudge in my side and I look to my left. Corra nods her head towards the flowers in my hand and walks off.

“Oh. Um...t-these are for you!” I say feeling stupid about the flowers. Layla takes the roses from me and smiles.

“Thank you Matt.” She says and I smile.

“Shall we head in Ms Reid?” I ask and Layla nods her head. I lace our fingers together and we walk towards Saoirse. I open the door for Layla to go inside first and she does. I step in behind her and she gasps. The place is empty of customers, that would explain the lack of cars in the parking lot. The lights are dim and candles are almost everywhere. There is a table set for two in the center of the room a bit away from the dance floor and rose peddles litter the floor of a path leading to the table.

“Did you know about this?” Layla asks and I shake my head unable to lie to her. The sound of someone clearing their throat catches our attention. I look to my left and Brian is standing there with Michelle by his side, he's wearing dress pants and a white shirt with a apron around his waist.

“Mr Sanders. Ms Reid, if you'd both follow us we'll show you to your table.” Brian says and I roll my eyes at him. We follow behind the two and Layla smiles looking around the pub. Brian pulls the seat out for Layla and she sits down. I sit down after her and Michelle places two menus down in front of us.

“We'll give you two a few moments to decide on your drinks.” Michelle says and they walk off.

While Layla looks at her menu I take a closer look at the vase of flower in the center of the table, it's the one I made with Angie and Brian.

“I feel stupid.” I state and Layla glances up from her menu.

“Why?”

“The guys had me running around all day today doing different things and I didn't put any of it together until just now. The suit fitting, the flower lesson, the food sampling, the wine tasting and even the dancing.” Layla giggles softly.

“It's okay Matt. The same thing kind of happened to me too.”

“Really?”

“I lost my phone on the way to the airport so I couldn't text you to let you know when I would get here-”

“Wait...I got a text from your phone saying you would be here at seven-thirty and then you texted me saying Michelle would pick you up.”

“If you didn't cut me off I could explain.” Layla says and I apologize for cutting her off. “I told Corra I lost my phone and she insisted that I didn't. She said I just misplaced it and that it would show up. So we got of the plan at five and Michelle did pick us up. We went shopping, to the spa, to the hair dresser and then came here.”

“They set all this up.” I say and Layla nods her head.

“Our friends are clever little buggers, I'll give them that.”

“That, they are.” I say and we read over the menu looking at the drinks.

Michelle comes over and we tell her what we would like to drink, Layla gets a class of ice water with lemon and I settle for a glass of white wine. Heels click on the floor and I notice Corra walking over to the sound system. She hooks her I-pod up and music spills from the speakers softly. Layla looks at her and Corra gives her a cheeky smile before she heads off. A few moments later the sound of heels and wheels hits my ears. Val and Michelle wheel over a cart that has the wine in a bucket of ice and a pitcher of ice water with lemons in it.

“Thank you.” Layla tells the girls and they smile at her.

“I'll be back to take your order shortly.” Val says and they walk off.

Layla and I pick our food and fall into a light conversation, it's like we're still together and I love it. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, maybe she really does still love me like I love her. Val comes to take our orders and hurries away. It only takes twenty minutes before Zacky walks out with our food.

“I hope you enjoy your meals tonight, I made them myself.” he says as he sets our plates down in front of us. We nod our heads and Zack leaves. I take my jacket off and place it over my chair so that it doesn't get messed up.

“You know I didn't expect this from them at all.” Layla says. “I know they want us back together, but this is a lot to take in.”

“We can ditch this place if you want.” I offer and Layla shakes her head.

“No. No, I like it here. I'm just shocked that the care so much about our happiness.”

“Layla...I am really sorry about everything that has happened. If I could take it back you know I would, don't you?”

“I do.”

“I never meant to hurt you. I don't like this, I don't like being away from you. I want us to be a family, a real family.”

“Matt...I...Can we talk about this after we eat?” Layla asks and I nod my head dropping the touchy subject for now.

Our dinner goes by quietly and I'm afraid that I just pissed Layla off and ruined possible my only chance to make things right between us. We finished our food and Jimmy comes out followed by Leana. They take away our dishes and disappear. I look at Layla and she's rubbing her stomach slowly.

“You know when I went home to see my family I thought about you. I thought about us and what I wanted for our daughter...I want her to have a real family Matt. I want her to have the family that we both grew up with, but I'm scared. I so scared that I'll let you back in and you'll hurt me.” I bite my bottom lip listening to Layla. “I understand that you were drunk, but what does that really mean? Does that make it okay? Is a drunken kiss suppose to make me feel safe and trust you no matter what?” Layla lifts her eyes to mine and I see the tears.

“Being drunk doesn't make the kiss better, if anything I know it makes it worse. I want to just put all this behind us, but I know we can't. I fucked up, I fucked up big time and I know no matter how many times I say I'm sorry, it won't fix what I let happen. I'm trying to change Layla, I don't ever want to be that weak again so that you'll get hurt. I'll quit drinking for good if that means I'll never see you hurt like you are now.” I sigh and reach my arm out across the table. I take hold of Layla's hand and rub my thumb over her knuckles. “Just give me, give us a second chance...please?”

Layla opens her mouth and closes it. She looks behind me and I groan seeing Zack bringing out the desert, but I notice the smile on Layla's face when she sees the sweets. I laugh lightly and she playfully glares at me, I'm happy that the tension is gone. Zack sets the desert down in front of us and leaves. While we eat Val comes back out and grabs a microphone.

“Layla, Matt. I hope you're both enjoying your night. We all worked very hard to pull this off. We all love you and we're excited to have a little Sanders running 'round here soon. This whole thing isn't to force you guys back together. This is to show you what you you had...” Val says and Johnny rolls out a TV with Lucas' help. Val turns off the music and Johnny presses play on the dvd player. On the screen a home video of Layla and I comes up. It's us at the beach with everyone. We both look so happy and we're laughing. We're in love. It switches to the two of us outback at Brian's house during one of his cook outs. Then us on TMZ running from the cameras. We're laughing about, I never laughed about being followed before. We're outside Layla's house fighting about my car, it was a stupid fight. Now Val, Corra and Layla are at Val's house, they're talking about Lucas, Johnny and I. Again on the screen Layla and I are fighting, this time about Zack.

We make up and the sound of 'awes' comes from the speakers as we kiss. We flip off the camera and Jimmy's laugh rings out through the speakers. The TV turns off and I stare at the blank screen speechless. I had no idea my eyes showed so much of my emotions. Layla sniffs and I'm right by her side holding her in my arms. Her tears wet my shirt, but I don't care. The sound of a guitar fills the air and the microphone screams slightly catching Layla and I's attention.

“Layla, Matt. Please come out onto the dance floor.” Corra asks using the microphone and when I look up I notice that Zack and Brian have their guitars in their hands, Johnny has his bass and Jimmy is sitting behind his drums. I stand up and offer Layla my hand. She takes it and stand up. “This song is dedicated to my two best friends. I hope everything works out for the best.” Corra says and starts singing.

“You're a diamond, how I found you I still don't know.
But now I got you and I'll never let you go.
If your hearts a pocket looking for some change.
My heart makes lots of sense
Just stay quiet, Breathe deep, Breathe out, Breathe slow.
Don't say a word.
Let our eyes speak and they will tell you...”

Layla's tears fall slowly down her face as we step onto the dance floor. I hold her in my arms and do the steps I did with Johnny.

“I'm a fool with dreams, and not a lot of things.
I swear that I will be all you need.
Don't give up on me.
Give me one more day.
Don't give this all away.
We'll be fine, you'll see.
Just don't give up on me.”

I feel a light thump on my lower stomach and I lift my chine from it's place on top of Layla's head. She picks her head up and our eyes lock. “Did she?” Layla nods her head slowly and a full out grin break out on my face.

“I'd be lying if I said that I'm not terrified.
How the hell can I do as they say, and take this all in stride?
Does this come with an instruction book?
If so I need to have a look.
Just stay quiet, Breathe deep, Breathe out, Breathe slow.
Don't say a word.
Let our eyes speak and they will tell you...”

It's insane how right the lyrics are, they tell Layla and I's story word for word. I don't want to lose her, I don't want to live without her in my life.

“I'm a fool with dreams, and not a lot of things.
I swear that I will be all you need.
Don't give up on me.
Give me one more day.
Don't give this all away.
We'll be fine, you'll see.
Just don't give up on me.
Don't give up on me.
Don't give up on me.”

Layla rests her head on my chest and I hold her close, the feeling of our daughter between us making my heart swell with love.

“I know you're scared inside, but baby so am I.
It gets so hard to hide.
I'm not going no where.
I'm not going no where.”

This is where I want to stay forever, holding Layla in my arms fully content with the world. Her tears are gone, her eyes are closed and I can feel her heart beating against me.

“I'm a fool with dreams, and not a lot of things.
I swear that I will be all you need.
Don't give up on me.
Give me one more day.
Don't give this all away.
We'll be fine, you'll see.
You'll see, You'll see...

I'm a fool with dreams, and not a lot of things.
I swear that I will be all you need.
Don't give up on me.
Give me one more day.
Don't give this all away.
We'll be fine, you'll see.
Just don't give up on me.

Don't give up.”

The song comes to it's end and Layla pulls away from me slowly. She claps and Corra smiles, “We love you guys.” She says and she leads the guys off the dance floor leaving Layla and me alone.

“I love you Layla. I love you so much, give me a second chance. Let me prove to you how much I love y-” I'm cut off by Layla's lips on mine. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her back. Her arms wrap around my neck and we when break the kiss we stare into each others eyes.

“Give me a day and I'll give you your answer...please?” Layla asks and I nod my head. She'll think about it that's all I ask. “Can you take me home?”

“I don't have my c-”

“Take mine!” Zack says and I turn my head to the left, everyone is standing there watching us with smiles on their faces. The guys are holding their girls in the arms and Corra is holding Johnny and Zack. Zack reaches in his pocket and tosses me his keys. “Drive safe.” he says and I nod my head.

“Thanks.” I say and I lead Layla out of the pub once we give everyone hugs goodbye. Tonight went better then I thought it ever would.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song used at the end is called Fool With Dreams by Framing Hanley, check out the band and the song, they're both really good.

Val and Michelle's outfit's
Corra and Layla's outfit's

Comment, subscribe and now I guess recommend.

Miss.CorrCorr