Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Forty-Four

Corra's Pov

Matt and Layla's date worked better then I expected. They made up and got back together; they also decided to have Matt move back in with Layla. Matt had asked us all to help him out with the nursery and none of us said no. I mean come on Matt's child was going to be the first baby deathbat, so yeah everyone wanted to help out. The look on Layla's face was priceless, she loved the room and I'm sure little Shadows will like the room as well. Matt has moved back in with Layla, they have been living with each other for about two weeks now and everything seems to have fit back into place. We're all happy, however Zack still is single and I feel bad for the guy. He's happy, but I can tell he feels left out whenever we do couple events.

“Corra!” I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of Jimmy's voice echoing throughout Johnny's house. With a giggle I leave the bedroom and head down the steps with a smile on my face. Jimmy waits by the front door with Leana next to him and she waves at me.

“What are you two doing here?” I question once I get off of the last step.

“Short shits car died out on the side of the road so we're on our way to pick him up. Wanna come and laugh with us?” Jimmy asks and I laugh shaking my head.

“You are so mean to him Jimmy,” I state and he waves me off. I follow the two of them outside to their car and get in the back.

“Have you talked to Layla at all today?” Leana asks and I nod my head.

“Yep. She left me in charge of the pub for the night. She has a baby appointment today at three and she's taking Matt with her,” I say and Leana smiles.

“I'm happy that they are back together. It was hard watching Matt destroy himself and see Layla acting like she wasn't hurting,” Leana says and I have to agree with her, it was hard to deal with the both of them when they were broken.

“How long do those baby appointments take?” Jimmy asks.

“I have no idea,” Leana and I say at the same time.

“Why?” I question.

“If the appointment is at three and it doesn't take long why are you in charge of the pub?”

“Layla isn't coming in at all. Her and Matt are going to have a family day to themselves,” I say and Jimmy smiles. “What?”

“So can we run the pub?”

“I'll think about it,” I say and Jimmy pumps his fist in joy. “So where is Johnny at anywhere?”

“Somewhere on the side of the road a few miles from Wawa,” Leana says and I roll my eyes. I told that man to get his car checked out, it was making weird sounds the last time we were driving.

“Knowing Johnny's stupid ass he forgot to check the oil and engine,” Jimmy says and I sigh. Johnny has the worst memory when it comes to things like that. Jimmy's phone goes off and he hands it to Leana to answer.

“Hey Johnny, what's up?...We're on our way now...Um about ten or so minutes away...o-okay,” Leana hangs up with a laugh and Jimmy glaces over at her.

“What he want?” I ask.

“He got recognized by a fan and now the guy won't leave Johnny alone,” Leana giggles and I roll my eyes. Today is just not Johnny's day.

Matt's Pov

Slipping my shoes on I rush out of the house and head to the car. Layla walks out just as I start the engine and I smile at her. She looks beautiful with her belly round with our first child, our little girl. I'm excited for the appointment today, it will be my first time seeing our daughter and I can't wait to hear her heartbeat. I run around the car and open the door for Layla to get inside. She holds my hand as she lowers herself into the seat and smiles up at me resting her hands on her stomach. I smile and shut the door shut before I run back around and get in the driver seat. Once inside I chuckle lightly as I watch Layla rest my case of cd's on her stomach as she flips through them. Pulling out of the drive way I head to the doctors office were Layla has been going and Layla puts in Drop Kick Murphy to listen to while we drive.

“Are you excited?” Layla asks and I nod my head taking my eyes off the road for a second.

“Very excited,” I state and Layla smiles, “Do you think she'll look like you? I hope she does,” I mummer and Layla giggles.

“I want her to have your dimples and eyes,” Layla says and I grin. Our daughter will be a heartbreaker if she has my dimples and hazel eyes, however I'll have to kick a lot of guys asses when they try to hook up with my baby girl.

“I wouldn't mind if she had your nose,” I muse and Layla makes a face.

“My nose?” she questions and I grin.

“What's wrong with that? You have a cute nose,” I state and she laughs.

“Noses cannot and never will be cute.”

“Wait until our daughter is born and see if you can say the same thing,” I joke and Layla shakes her head. Half hour later I pull into a parking spot and kill the engine of the car, “Ready?” I ask and Layla nods her head. I get out of the car, shut my door and jog over to Layla's side opening the door for her. I help her out and rest my hand on the small of her back as we walk into the stone building. We take the elevator up to the fourth floor and when the doors open I'm shocked to see all the pregnant women sitting around, most of them younger mothers in their teens. Layla and I step off of the elevator and walk over to the check in desk. Layla gives the women her name and laces her fingers with mine, leading me to an empty set of chair. We sit down and Layla rests her head on my shoulder playing with the bracelet on my wrist while I rub my thumb over her knuckles.

Looking up from Layla's stomach I notice a few of the young mothers staring at me and from the look in their eyes I can tell that they are fans. I offer them a kind smile and they smile back. Their eyes shift to Layla and back up to me asking the silent question I'm sure most of our fans want to know. I nod my head and they both smile and mouth a 'congratulations' to me. I mouth a 'thank you' and soon after Layla's name is called to be looked at. I help Layla out of her seat and walk by her side as we follow behind a nurse. We're lead into a room and I help Layla sit up on the long table/chair in the center of the room against the wall. The nurse checks on Layla and I sit beside her holding her hand as she answers questions. The nurse leaves and Layla sighs.

“You okay?” I questions and Layla nods her head.

“This will be the first time you'll meet the doctor, she asks about you all the time.”

“What have you told her?”

“Only good things,” Layla says with a smile on her face and I peck her cheek.

“I love you Layla,” I mummer and Layla giggles.

“I love you too Matt,” she whispers and the door opens reviling the doctor.

“Hello Layla, how are you feeling?” the doctor asks shutting the door.

“I feel alright Dr. Rottman. Oh I'd like you to meet Matt, he's the father,” Layla says and the doctor smiles at me.

“So this is the famous Matthew Sanders, I've heard so much about. Well young man it's about time you've shown your face around here,” Dr. Rottman says and I frown slightly as I shake her hand. “Shall we get started?”

“Yes please,” Layla says and lifts her shirt up over her swollen stomach. I watch silently as the doctor places a clear jell on Layla's stomach and holds up a weird wand before she turns on a little TV beside the bed. Dr. Rottman places the wand on Layla's stomach and my breath catches in my throat when I hear the strong heartbeat that rests in Layla's womb. My eyes drift to the screen and there in black and white is my little girl, my daughter. Tears burn my eyes and I let them fall freely, not caring if it defeats my manly stature. Layla squeezes my hand tightly and it takes all my will power to pull my eyes from the screen. I look up into Layla's eyes and they are filled with tears of joy. She smiles and I grin up at her unable to verbally express my feelings. This is one of the best days of my life. Never did I think another life would mean so much to me, but hearing my daughter's heartbeat has made her and Layla my number one priority until I'm dead and gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the wait and I'm sorry that it's so short. My next update will be much better. I was in a bit of a rush to get this out 'cause I have family over and it's hard to write with little kids screaming and the TV blaring.

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.