Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Forty-Six

With a huff I push Zack's arms off of me while Matt and Brian drag my whore of a sister out of the pub. Grinding my teeth I quickly head back down to the cellar and continue on with my counting of stock and writing up the order form for later on this week. The music from above seeps down below and dances around me bouncing off the walls. As the beat hits my ears I push away my anger for my sister and focus on the task at hand.

“Are you alright down here?” I jump slightly hearing Lucas' voice, I didn't hear his footsteps coming down.

“I fine, why do you ask?” I question glancing over my shoulder.

“Well you were just about to rip you sister's throat out,” he points out and I frown. “Is the attempt at murder really needed?”

“For Amirah? Humm let me think...uh why yes, yes it is. You don't get it Lucas, that girl won't stop until I really hurt her. She can't stand to see others happy while she's miserable. It's always been that way and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to change anytime soon.”

“Can't you just talk to her?”

“Talking to Amirah is like talking to a damn wall. She doesn't care to listen to what I have to say. All she thinks about is herself and I'm sick of it. She needs to leave us all alone and go mooch off of something else,” I say and look up from the order form in my hand.

“So you're going to fight her?” Lucas asks. “Don't you think Amirah is over that? Shouldn't you call in the big guns and get a restraining order?”

“That would be the smart thing to do...” I mutter and Lucas smiles.

“Great! So no more trying to kill your sister, just go to the court house and get the paper work. I'm sure Zack, Matt and Layla will be more then happy to throw in their two cents if needed,” Lucas says and I roll my eyes. “Now quit what you're doing and go help Val at the bar.”

“Whatever you say,” I say and head upstairs behind Lucas.

As the week goes on I notice that Amirah hasn't shown her face around Saoirse and sadly that doesn't put a smile on my face. I know my sister and I know that she won't give up so easily. She's going to come back and I know she'll bring the drama with her.

“Corra?” Johnny yells from the living room.

“Yes?” I call out from the kitchen as I finish filling up Peanut's water dish.

“I'm going out with the guys. I'll be back in a few hours.” Standing up straight I smile over at Johnny as he walks into the kitchen looking sexy in his dark wash jeans and navy blue v-neck. “What time will dinner be done?”

“Around six, no later then seven. Why?” I ask looking up into Johnny's large brown doe eyes as he wraps his arms around my waist.

“Well I was thinking I would leave the guys a little early, come home and spend the rest of the night with you,” Johnny mummers against my temple and I tilt my head up letting my lips ghost over his.

“You know damn well that you're not going to be able to leave your friends early without one of them tagging along. They have your meal time down to a science,” I joke and Johnny sighs knowing I'm right.

“If I bring home dessert will that make it better?” Johnny asks and I laugh nodding my head.

“If it's cheesecake it will make everything better.”

“Then cheesecake it shall be,” Johnny says and pecks my lips lightly before he lets me go and leaves the house to hang out with the guys. Walking over to the side door I open it and smile down at Peanut as he runs inside and runs right to his water dish.

“Looks like it's just the two of us for a little while sweetheart,” I tell the dog and he looks up at me with his head cocked to the side. “What do you say we go for a walk?” I ask and his tail starts to wag making me giggle. “Alright lets go.” Walking out of the kitchen I head towards the front door, grab the dog leash off of the hooks by the door and bend down quickly hooking the leash onto Peanut. We leave the house and I make sure to lock the door behind me. Even if Johnny does live in a nice neighborhood it's always good to still lock the doors. You never know when a crazy fan might stop by or something like that. I walk with Peanut for about an hour before I head on back home to start dinner since it's four forty now. I get to the house at five forty and head right into the kitchen to get started on dinner. Tonight I'm going to make chicken breasts, wild rice, green beans and a tangy mango sauce.

As I get started on the sauce my phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket. Looking at the screen I frown seeing my sisters name. Shaking my head I ignore her call and set my phone on the counter top. Going back to the task at hand I keep my focus on dinner finishing a little after six o'clock. As I go about moving the hot food into storage containers someone knocks at the front door making me jump and Peanut bark wildly. “Just a second,” I call out as I grab a hand towel to wipe off my hands. Exiting the kitchen I head to the front door thinking at that it's just one of the guys beating Johnny home from wherever they were hanging out at. “So which one of you losers beat Johnny aga-” I stop mid-sentence once I open the front door and see Amirah standing in front of me. “What do you want?” I ask without any hint of kindness.

“We need to talk,” Amirah says and I cut my eyes at her. Sucking her teeth she pushes past me and walks into the house uninvited. Grumbling under my breath I slam the door shut and lock it behind me as I head back into the kitchen. Amirah's heels click on the floor and I grind my teeth not in the mood to deal with her bullshit.

“Talk,” I say flatly keeping my back turned to her as I start to wash the dishes.

“So this is what you're going to do now? Stand here and play the role of the perfect little house wife?”

“Excuse me?” I question turning around and glaring at my sister.

“You think you're so high and mighty, but you're not. Just because you have that Irish whore and rock stars around doesn't make you a fucking Queen.”

“I'm the one who is acting high and mighty? You're kidding me right? Look around you Amirah, I'm here because of you. You're the stupid fuck that burned down my house and made me lose my car. You almost cost me my fucking job and a friendship that I've had for years. I'm not the one whoring around trying to take others woman's men. I'm not the one who has my head so far up my ass that I can't see what's import in life! I spent two years struggling to make it on my own, two fucking years. What have you done in two years? I worked my ass off to get everything I have right now. I wasn't handed everything on a damn silver spoon,” I shout and Amirah clicks her tongue.

“I didn't come here to hear your sob story. I here to let you know that all this-” Amirah motions around the house with her hands, “This is all over. Your time in the spot light is over and the same goes for that little whore of yours as well,” Amirah pushes herself off of the wall and steps up to me. “Enjoy it while it all lasts,” she says with a smirk on her face and I suck my teeth folding my arms across my chest.

“Are you threatening me?”

“Take it however you want to sis,” Amirah mocks and I cork my eyebrow at her.

“Now see I was going to let you leave here and not whoop that ass, but now...na you're fucking done,” I growl Amirah is quick to back away from me and raise her hands up.

“Bring it bitch,” she taunts and I turn the water in the sink off before I turn back around and take out my earrings.

“When I'm done with you I don't ever want to see your fucking face around here ever again,” I hiss and Amirah just tilts her head to the side acting like my words mean nothing to her.

“Take you best sh-” Amirah is cut off by the sound Peanut barking and the front door opening.

“Mmmm man something smells good!” Zack's voice rings out.

“Babe who's car is ou-”

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Zack asks cutting Johnny off as they enter the kitchen both looking between Amirah and me with confusion and anger in their eyes. I watch as Amirah's whole body relaxes thinking she's safe and her eyes fill up with tears.

“Oh baby I'm so happy to see you!” she cries and throws herself at Zack. With a scoff I roll my eyes which makes Johnny sending me a questioning glance as he walks over to me. He wraps his arm around my waist and watches in silence the scene playing out in front of us.

“Amirah what are you doing here?” Zack asks as he pushes my sister off of me.

“I came here looking for you Zacky. It was stupid of me to chase after Matt when I had you. I was being a silly little girl and I know that know,” Amirah says and Zack sends me a pleading look to help get rid of Amirah; it's a look that I choose to ignore. “Take me back Zacky baby. I know you love me as much as I love you,” Amirah cries and I can see the anger in Zack's eyes.

“Amirah leave, just leave. You're making a fool out of yourself and it's kind of...well it's pathetic really. I'm never going to take you back, not after everything you've put everyone through. You're a very selfish girl and I can't bring myself to deal with your childish and devious behavior,” Zack says and a flash of disbelief sparks in Amirah's eyes.

“But Zacky-”

“Stop calling me Zacky, fuck you make it sound annoying,” Zack snaps and I bite my tongue to keep myself from commenting. “Now leave before I call the police for your never ending harassment.”

Amirah stares at Zack with a frown on her face, but I can see the wheels turning around in her mind, she's about to give her final performance. “Can we talk in private?”

“Whatever you have to say they can hear,” Zack says with a sigh.

“If you don't take me back I'm going to the press.”

“For what?” Johnny questions speaking up for the first time.

Amirah glares at him, but then turns a softer look at Zack, “You're going to be a daddy,” she whispers and Zack's eyes widen while Johnny's mouth falls open.

“I want a DNA test,” Zack says without missing a beat.

“I didn't cheat on you.”

“Bullshit.”

“She's lying,” I state and all eyes are on me.

“What?” Zack and Amirah both ask, well Amirah more so snaps at me, but whatever.

“She's lying...you're lying and you know it. You're not pregnant and if you were it wouldn't be with Zack's child.”

“You're not the one in my body. I know if I'm pregnant or not,” Amirah hisses and I nod my head.

“I'm sure you would know, but like I said before you're not. If you were you wouldn't have been so willing to fight me. A pregnant women should know that any bump to the stomach could be fatal,” I muses and an anger like I've never seen before comes to life in Zack's greens eyes. Without another word I grab Johnny's hand and pull him out of the kitchen and up the steps to our bed room.

“Are you really sure she's lying?” Johnny asks once I shut the bedroom door behind us.

“Are you really asking me that?” I ask and Johnny sighs sitting down on the bed.

“Should we have left them alone?”

“I know what Zack is capable of and besides Amirah needs a little reality check, don't you think? It's well overdue,” I point out and Johnny shakes his head motioning for me to sit beside him. Sitting beside him I giggle as Johnny wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me down on the bed so that I'm on my back with him on top of me.

“I love it when you talk sense,” Johnny states making me laugh and he silences me with his lips.

Zack's Pov

Without taking my eyes off of Amirah I listen to John and Corra's footsteps ascend up the steps to their bed room. Cracking my fingers I ball my fists up at my side and move away from the women standing in front of me. Leaning up against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest I stare right at her unblinking. I lick my lips quickly and tilt my head to the side just staring as Amirah starts to squirm under my blank gaze.

“Zac-”

“Shut up,” I say calmly and Amirah bites her bottom lip as she starts to wring her hands together. We stand in silence my eyes never leaving her face as she stares at the floor. Amirah knows she has been caught in her lie and she knows she's in trouble, I can see it in the way she's fidgeting around.

“Zack you do-”

“Shut up,” I warn Amirah feeling my anger starting to eat away at my calmness.

“Zacky ple-”

In one flawless move I storm over to Amirah and slam her up against the wall behind her with my eyes narrowed into thin slits of hate. “Pregnant? You're pregnant huh? How far along are you?” I ask and Amirah says nothing. “Answer me!” I shout in her face and she jumps with a whimper leaving her lips as she shakes her head. “I guess we should pick a room for the baby and start buying things. We could paint the room a light shade of yellow or maybe a nice moonlight blue, that would be nice wouldn't it? I'll sign us up for parent classes and I'll hire a cook so you won't get fat 'cause you know I can't be seen with someone fat. Humm, now that I think about it you won't leave the house, I don't want you to go into labor while you're walking around somewhere or anything. We'll stay home and invite your parents to stay and he-”

“Zac-”

“It's rude to cut people off baby. What's the matter? I'm telling you how everything is going to work out and you look like you're ready to die. Are you alright? Oh my God is it the baby?!” I ask forcing my voice to become panicked. “Come on I'm taking you to the hospital right now,” I rushes out and grab hold of Amirah's hand. I tug her out of the kitchen and she pulls her hand free from mine. “Baby come-”

“I'm not pregnant!” she shouts with wide eyes and a flushed face.

I keep the smirk off my face and frown, “But you said that you-”

“I lied. I-I just want you to take me back,” Amirah cries and I make a tisking sound shaking my head.

“You know what I hate more then gold diggers?” I ask and Amirah stays silent. “I hate liars. I hate them because they never know when to stop and when they go too far things tend to get a little...crazy. You're a liar and a fucking bad one at that. You don't know when to stop and you're in too deep, so what should we do about that?” Amirah backs away from me and I watch her with a blank face. “Are you going to give me an answer?” Amirah looks over her shoulder at the front door and I chuckle with no emotion in it at all as I look down at my hands and pick the dirty from under my fingernails. “If you were smart you would leave and never show your face around here or any of my friends again, 'cause trust me baby I'm the one man you don't want to fuck with. I have a known record with the police and I've been clean for a couple of months...” I flick my eyes up to Amirah and there is a bigger distance between us. “I may get the urge to slip,” I say and let a cold smirk pull at my lips as my eyes lock with Amirah's. She gulps and rushes out of the house without a look back. After hearing her car pull out of the drive way I crack my neck and take a deep breath to push away my anger.

With a sigh I walk to the bottom of the steps and call up to Corra and Johnny. Moments later Corra comes skipping down the steps and she jumps into my arms. “I take it you got rid of her?” she asks and I nod my head making her pump her fist and kiss my cheek in joy.

“Trying to take my women from me Vengeance?” Johnny asks as he walks down the steps.

I laugh and places Corra down on her feet, “Na man,” I say with a smile and Johnny grins up at me.

“Come on boys I know you're both hungry so lets eat before the food gets cold,” Corra says and we all walk into the kitchen to eat at the island.

“I want to get a restraining order put on your sister,” I inform Corra.

“We all should get one,” Johnny says and we both look at Corra.

“What?” She asks and I raise my eyebrow, “Oh! Yes, sure do whatever you have to do to stay safe. I don't want anything to happen to you losers or Lucas, Val and Layla.” she says and I playfully glare at her.

“Should we go to the court tomorrow?” Johnny asks and I nod my head.

“I'll let Matt and the others know when I leave,” I say and we eat dinner dropping the topic of Corra's younger sister hopefully for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about the wait. My life has been a little crazy since I started working. Forgive me??

What do you think of Zack taking charge and getting Amirah out of his life?? Think it will work?

Comment, subscribe and recommend.