Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Forty-Eight

Matt's Pov

Walking out of Layla's hospital room I manage to catch up to Zack who is a bit farther up the hallway then me. Now by his side the two of us say nothing as we stop in front of the elevator and wait for it to open. I can feel the anger radiating off of Zack's body and I know it's the same for me. If we're going to put a final stop to Amirah's antics we'll have to work together. She's crossed the line many times, but now she's gone way too far. She endangered the life of my unborn little girl and the life of my girlfriend. The doors to the elevator open and Zack steps in first with me right behind him. The ride down on the first floor is silent and it's the kind of silence that lets you know not to fuck with us.

The doors open again and when we step out we head right out the front doors. Zack looks at me and I nod my head walking across the parking lot to my truck. Unlocking the doors we get inside and I start the engine, “Drive to that hotel twelve blocks from Saoirse,” Zack says speaking for the first time and I pull out of the hospital's parking lot. “You can have her first,” Zack states with no emotion in his voice and I smirk nodding my head. The drive to the hotel that Amirah is staying at takes about an hour and by the time I pull into the parking lot I'm more level headed then I was when Layla first told me that Amirah was the one who hurt her. Killing the engine I look over at Zack and he nods his head. We exit my car together and walk into the hotel. Zack walks up to the front desk and ask the man which room Amirah Green is in. The man looks between the two of us and I can tell that he isn't going to give us what we want. “Look man we got into a fight and I want her back,” Zack lies to the man's face and I'm surprised that it worked. The man tells us what room Amirah is in and wishes Zack luck on winning her back, oh if he only knew.

Standing out front of Amirah's door I lean up against the wall while Zack knocks on her door. We wait a few minutes before the door opens reviling Amirah's smiling face. When she sees Zack her smiles falters and when she sees me behind him she moves to slam her door in our faces, but Zack is quicker. He kicks his leg out and gets his foot in the door way pushing the door open, forcing himself inside as Amirah backs away. Following behind Zack I shut the door and lock it not saying a word as I watch Amirah cower in fear.

“Sit down and don't fucking move,” Zack snaps and Amirah sits on the couch. Zack places himself in one of the chairs across from the couch and I sit down on the coffee table right in front of Amirah. She looks down at the floor keeping her eyes off of me.

“Layla's in the hospital you know. The doctor says she and the baby will be okay, but she has a slight bump on the back of her head. Any idea how it got there?” I question and Amirah says nothing. “Layla said you came into the bar and got into an argument. I bet whatever she said pissed you off huh? Or maybe just seeing her pissed you off right? I mean after all she has everything you don't and so does your sister,” I muse and I notice Amirah's hands ball up into fists, but she still says nothing. Tilting my head to the side I stare at Amirah and lick my lips, “Do you know who found Layla bleeding on the floor today after you left?” Again Amirah says nothing and I grind my teeth. “I found her. I walked in and saw her just lying there not moving. I thought she was dead and that I lost my baby, but lucky for you that I didn't right?”

Amirah shrugs her shoulders and I stand up slowly walking around the couch so that I'm behind her. Leaning over the couch so that my lips are right next to Amirah's ear I breath out, “Have I ever told you that I've been diagnosed with sever anger issues and the littlest things can set me off? I tend to blackout and when I come to someone is always in the hospital or I'm in jail,” I smirk seeing Amirah's body stiffen up. “Right now it's talking everything in me not to fucking hurt you for everything you've done to my family and friends, but who is to say that I don't just blackout?” I question and Amirah picks her head up. I glance over at Zack and notice that he's shaking his head. “Who Zack? You think Zack would rat me out?” I laugh without any humor in my voice. “He would gladly help me if I asked him to,” I say and Amirah sniffs. Great she's about to cry.

Clearing my throat I stand straight up and walk back around to the front of the couch. “Crying isn't going to help you now Amirah. You fucked up for the last time. You see you're going to do whatever Zack here tells you and if you don't-” Amirah's brown teary eyes lock with my own cold hazel ones and I smirk, “Well lets just say it won't be pretty,” I whisper like it's a secret and Amirah whimpers. Satisfied with myself I walk over to the front door, unlock it and step out shutting the door behind me leaving Zack and Amirah alone. If my threat didn't work, I know for a fact that Zack's will. Walking down to the first floor I give the desk guy a nod and head out the front doors. Getting in my truck I sit and wait for Zack to get done with Amirah.

Pulling out my cell phone I call Johnny and he picks up on the third rings sounding out of breath, “Did I interrupt something?” I question.

“W-what? No. No, you're fine. Where are you at?”

“I'm waiting for Zack to get done talking to Amirah.”

“Oh...so I'm guessing you won't be needing the restraining orders?”

“That's why I'm calling. I'm not sure how long Zack will be so can you do mine for me?”

“Yeah I can do that,” Johnny says and I hear Corra in the background with Jimmy screaming about candy.

“What is going on? Where are you at?”

“Everyone is at Saoirse and Jimmy thought it would be a great idea to give everyone who ordered a drink a piece of candy.”

“Where did he get the candy from?”

“He took Corra's stash and now she's trying to kill him,” Johnny says and I laugh. A crash is heard in the background and Johnny cruses. “Matt I have to go, I'll call you when I get everything shorted out,” Johnny says and hangs up before I can say anything.

Zack's Pov

Staring down at Amirah from my spot in the chair I keep myself silent. With tears running down her face she gazes at me, begging me to show her some form of kindness; truth is I cannot do that. There isn't an ounce of kindness left in my heart for Amirah, it all vanished when she lied to my face about being pregnant and hurting hurting Layla. Pushing myself up out of the chair I take steady steps towards Amirah's shaking form. Now in front of her I squat down and stair right into her brown eyes, that are so much colder then her sister's.

“I want you to listen to me very carefully Amirah. I want you out of California and I don't want to ever see your face again. I want you out of everyone's lives and that includes your sisters. She doesn't need to keep cleaning up your messes. Stay somewhere on the East Coast and do whatever it is you do. Do you understand me?” I ask and Amirah bites her lower lip sniffling. “Answer me.”

“...I'll leave,” Amirah cries and I tilt my head to the side, this is too easy.

“You'll never come back?”

“...I'll..-”

“If you come back there will be restraining orders from all of us and I'm pretty sure the cops will be involved as well,” I state and Amirah nods her head.

“I won't come b-back.”

“Good. You have till the end of next week to leave and trust me I'll come back to make sure you're gone,” I inform Amirah and stand up straight. She looks at me with watery eyes and wipes at her tears.

“Zack?” I raise my eyebrow.

“I really did love you at some point when we were together,” Amirah says and I shake my head.

“That's the problem Amirah. I loved you from the very start,” I say and walk out of her room without a glance back. Walking down the hall I sigh running a hand through my hair. She says she loved me at some point, but I find that hard to believe. With everything that Amirah has put me through I don't think she's capable of loving anyone, but herself and that's pretty fucking sad if you ask me. Passing the guy at the entrance he frowns seeing that I'm leaving with Amirah in my arms.

“Didn't win her back?” he calls out.

“It's better if I let her go,” I tell the guy without looking back at him as I leave the building and get into Matt's car. Matt revs up the engine and pulls out of the parking lot, “Where we going?”

“I want to check up on Layla and then head on over to the bar.”

“Can you drop me off at my place? I'm not in the mood to be around everyone right now,” I tell Matt and he nods his head. I'm just going to take the rest of this day to think about where the hell my left went so wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone.