Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Fifty

“We're going to be God parents!” I shout with a dopey smile on my face making Layla and everyone laugh.

“Zack stop or I will go into early labor from laughing so hard!” Layla giggles out trying to get herself under control and I smile looking over at Corra who still loves shocked. In the blink of an eye Corra wraps her arms around Layla and thanks her over and over again. Layla says something in Corra's ear and she laughs with tears in her eyes. Turning away from the two friend I look at Matt and open my arms. He laughs, but hugs me nonetheless.

“Thank you man, really,” I whisper and Matt pats my back.

“No need to thank you Zack. I know you would never let anything bad happen to me so I know my little girl will be in good hands with you. You're my brother from another mother and now you're not only Uncle Zacky, but God daddy Zacky!” Matt states letting me go and I shake my head laughing. Never in a million years could I have seen myself as being the God father to Matt or any of the guy's kids, but I'm happy that I am. Now I'm even more excited for Layla to have the baby.

“Congrats fucker!” Jimmy shouts loudly as he swings his arm around my shoulders and shoves a beer in my hand. “You're gonna be the first besides Mattie here to get gray hairs. Haha!” Jimmy laughs and walks off to bother other people. I cringe at the thought of having gray hair, but push it to the back of my head. I'm still young and I doubt Matt and Layla's little girl will be that bad. Walking through the pub I search for Gena and I find her sitting at the bar with Michelle drinking a very feminine looking drink.

Michelle spots me first and she smiles, “Congrats,” she says giving me a hug once I'm in touching distance and I thank her. She looks over my shoulder and shakes her head, “I should go stop Brian before he embarrasses himself even more,” and she walks off. I take her seat beside Gena and she has a frown on her face.

“What's wrong Ge?” I ask and Gena takes a sip of her drink.

“You're fucking that black girl aren't you?” she asks and I stare at her shocked. No one has ever accused me of sleeping with Corra, I mean come on she's dating Johnny!

“What?” I ask unable to really think of anything else to say.

“You heard me Zack. Why else would they make the two of you God parents? You're not even dating her!” Gena hisses in a low whisper so she doesn't make a scene.

“You're insane Gena. First of all Corra is Johnny's girl and on top of that she has known Layla for God knows how long so it's only right that she be the God mother,” I state trying to keep my voice from raising. Gena takes another sip of her drink and looks out at the dance floor. I follow her eyes and see that she's watching Johnny and Corra as they dance together.

“You're right....I'm sorry,” Gena mummers and I accept her apology since she rarely says sorry. “They look happy together, they all do,” Gena sighs and I nod my head in agreement. “Do you feel as weird as I do talking to you?”

I shake my head and Gena sighs, “I feel lost more so then weird about it all,” I admit and Gena nods her head understanding me.

“If you're not doing anything tomorrow maybe we could I don't know get lunch and talk? You know get un-lost and not feel so weird,” Gena suggests and I bite the inside of my cheek. Is that really a good idea? Do I want to be friends with my ex?

“I'm busy tomorrow-” Gena looks down at the glass in her hands defeated, “But I'm free on Friday,” I say and Gena looks up to my face.

“Friday? Okay I can do Friday say around three at Sally's Grill'?” Gena asks and I nod my head. Standing up I excuse myself when I see Layla and Corra waving me over to the dance floor. Walking over to them I smile as they wrap their arms around me and hug me tightly.

“I love you guys too,” I tell them and they both laugh kissing my cheeks. “Now lets dance!” I say as they let me go and we start dancing soon followed by the rest of the gang while Layla's mother deals with drinks.

Matt whisks Layla away and Corra grins at me, “We're going to be God parents! How freaking cool is that?!” she asks excitedly and I laugh seeing her so happy.

“Slow down Corra or you'll stop breathing,” I joke and she playfully slaps my arm. With a pout I hang my head and Corra 'awes' at me wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Sorry,” she coos and rubs my back like a mother would do to a child. “I'll make you a drink if you stop pouting,” she says trying to get me to smile and it works. “Asshole,” she jokes and pulls me off of the dance floor. I sit at the bar and watch and Corra makes me a drink quickly tossing one of her lollipops into the glass with the candy side in the drink. I give the glass a questionable look and Corra laughs, “Don't worry you'll like it,” she says sliding the clear liquid over to me. Wrapping my fingers around the glass I bring it up to my mouth and take a sip. I'm shocked by the sweetness of the vodka, but it's very pleasant and fresh.

“What the hell is this?” I ask and Corra smiles.

“I call it Orange Creamsicle, but really is orange and whipped cream vodka mixed together with an orange tootsie pop,” Corra explains and I stare at her in amazement. This women comes up with the coolest drinks ever. “Yeah I know I'm badass,” Corra smirks and I laugh, but it's cut short when Johnny throws his arm around my shoulders and pulls me into a headlock.

“You trying to sweet talk my girl Baker?” he jokes rubbing his knuckles into my scalp and I grunt in pain pushing him off of me.

“Stupid fucker!” I shout and punch his arm making Corra giggle and Johnny yelp in pain.

“Dude Gena is so sending you three to Hell right now,” Val sings as she passes us with a tray full of drinks in her hands. The three of us all look around and I sigh finding Gena sitting alone glaring at the glass in her hand.

“Who pissed in her drink?” Corra ask and I shake my head with a chuckle.

“Don't worry bout it,” I say and she frowns, but lets it go. An hour later we all call it a night and I jump in my car heading home. I had a good time with everyone and I'm still walking on that high from being told I'm going to be the God father of Matt and Layla's daughter. I don't know how the hell I'm going to sleep tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and I'm sorry for that. It's a bit of a filler, but I thought it would be nice to see how Zack is doing.