Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Fifty-Two

Matt's Pov

I'm fucking beside myself right now! Not even an hour after I left my phone went off and Val told me Layla went to the hospital 'cause her stomach was hurting. The first thing that came to my mind was the baby and that Layla was going in an early labor. I called her phone a million times and she didn't answer at all. When she finally called me back she said that she was fine and that I shouldn't worry, but I am worried. I don't want to miss the birth of my baby girl for some stupid tour. I love my fans and I love my band, but my family is more important to me. The fans can pretty much get over themselves right now and yes I know that sounds mean, but I just want to be with Layla. Is this how my life is always going to be? Will I be on tour for months on end while my little girl is home growing up without me?

“Oh my God,” I groan dropping my head into my hands as I sit on the couch inside the tour bus. The guys are in the venue right now doing what they want having a good time, but I can't join them. I can't stop worrying about Layla and the baby. The bus door opens and Johnny walks on carrying a carton of what smells like stake.

“I got you some comfort food,” he says with a small smile and I give him a weak one in return.

“Thanks,” I say and take the carton from him. Opening it up I see a nice sized stake smothered in mushrooms and A1 sauce, a backed potato, green beans and a piece of corn on the cob. Without a word I dig in eating away my fears and worries. Johnny pulls two beers out of the mini fridge and sets on by my foot.

“I just got off the phone with Corra. She said Layla is sleeping and she explained to me what happened. Layla is dealing with something called Braxton Hicks which a lot of pregnant women go through. It's pretty much the body's way of getting Layla ready for the birth of your baby,” Johnny explains and that takes the edge off my worries. “Don't worry man we're all on standby. If anything happens you're gone and we'll be right behind you a few hours later.”

“Johnny?”

“Yes?”

“Shut up,” I say and Johnny frowns, “Look I know you're trying to help, but until you're in my shoes you can't really do a whole lot,” I tell him and he sighs nodding his head.

“Call me if you need anything else...” Johnny mutters and leaves the bus without another word. With a sigh I set the food to the side and lean back against the couch. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath and try to clear my mind. Maybe the concert tonight will help me out...maybe I do need the fans to help keep me from going insane at the moment. A sudden wave a drowsiness washes over me and I push myself up off the couch. I head to my bunk, climb in and when my head hits the pillow I fall right to sleep with one thought in my mind. That I'll miss the birth of my little girl.

I'm woken up by the sound of Jimmy's laughter and I groan feeling much more relaxed then before. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I check the time, I've been asleep for three hours and the show is in four. Rolling out of my bunk I join my friends in the 'living room' and they all get silent when they see me. “What?” I ask staring at them all and Jimmy starts laughing making the others laugh as well. “You guys were talking shit weren't you?” I question and Zack shakes his head.

“Not at all Shads,” he says and I flip them all off.

“You ready for tonight?” Brian asks as I sit down at the little table and I nod my head.

“Ready as I'll ever be at this point.”

“I'm so excited!” Jimmy exclaims, “I can't wait to see the fans, I'm going to hug every single last one of them!”

“You're going to get raped if you do,” Johnny says with a serious face and I nod my head in agreement.

“Yeah man I'm with Christ on this one. You're already half naked when you walk off stage. All they need to do is get your pants down to your knees and you're fucked,” I say.

“Literally!” Brian laughs and we all join in except Jimmy who has a frown on his face.

“You guys suck you know that?” he asks and goes back to playing the X-Box.

“Did anything happen while I was sleeping?” I ask and Johnny shakes his head.

“Other then JB almost breaking all our mics, not a thing,” he says and I roll my eyes. The Berry brothers, as much as I love them are the most clumsy people I know, but they are good at what they do so we keep them around. Speaking of clumsy I should probably call and check in with Lucas to see how Layla is doing, but I'll do that later before I go on stage.

Corra's Pov

I left Layla's house about an hour ago to help her mom with the pub. She's good at what she does, but I'm not going to leave her all alone, that's just mean. Lucas would have went, but I told him to say with Layla in case she needs something. Val knows a lot of things about the three of us, but not everything. At least with Lucas by her side Layla will be comfortable and well taken care of while I'm working. Right now the pub isn't too busy so I head to the office to get some paper work done. A few minutes later Layla's mom pokes her head in and I look up, “Yes?”

“Gena wants to speak with you,” she informs me and I sigh. I haven't really said a whole lot to Gena, but she's a bitch and I;m not very found of her.

“Can you send her back?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks,” I mutter and set the paper work aside as I wait for Gena to walk into the office. Gena walks in and shuts the door behind her. I motion for her to take a seat and when she does I stare at her, “What can I help you with Gena?” I ask.

“Look Zack told me about your sister and what she did to him. She hurt him really bad, more then what I did and I hate you for that, but I want to say thank you,” Gena says and I raise my eyebrow. What the hell is she smoking? “Not for letting your sister hurt him, but for trying to protect him. Zack also told me everything you and Layla did after the fact and he told me everything he had done to the both of you. I know I may come off as a bitch and I'm sorry for that...I don't know you or Layla for that matter very well and it's all new to me. I'm use to Val and John's ex, Lacy. Seeing Zack so close to other females then the ones I'm use to caught me off guard and I just want to say I'm sorry. I should have tried harder to get to know you and Layla before I jumped to assumptions,” Gena goes on to say and I lean back in my chair knowing she has more to say.

“I want to make it up to you and Layla. I want the three of us to have lunch together, you can even bring Val along if you don't trust me,” Gena suggests and I fold my hands together on the desk.

“So what I'm hearing is that you hated Layla and I, because we weren't what you were use to and that now you want to try and be friends....what's the catch? What do you get out of this?” I question and Gena shakes her head.

“I'm not doing this for any other reason then to get to know the two women who have captivated all of the men who I care a lot about. The guys all love the two of you and so do the girls as well. I just want to know why.”

“Zack put you up to this didn't he? What he say? He would leave you if you didn't try to play nice?”

“Zack didn't say anything to me and he doesn't know about this.”

“Oh? Am I really suppose to believe that?”

“I don't really care if you do or not,” Gena snaps and I smirk.

“How does lunch at the little corner bistro over on PCH sound? Around one o'clock tomorrow?”

“I'll see you there,” Gena says and stands up. She gives me a tight smile and leaves the office without another word. Thoughtfully I shake my head and laugh, she sure is something else, I'll give her that. I just hope Layla will feel up for a little outing tomorrow so I'm not stuck with Gena by myself if things go sour.

Zack's Pov

The show was amazing. I forgot how good it felt to play in front of so many of our fans in one place. The crowd was inane and they sung along to every song, they even helped Matt out when he forgot the lyrics which they would never know because he just held his mic out and let them sing. We all just got the first meet and greet of the mini tour and now we're all heading back to the bus to head to the next show. Matt said he's going right to bed and the rest of us are going to celebrate a show well done.

“Crack open the bottles!” Jimmy hollers as Brian set two bottles of JD on the table. He opens them up and pours four glasses.

We each take one and I make the toast since Matt isn't here, “Good show tonight boys. Hopefully we can have a killer night like this for the rest of the tour!” I say and we all down half our glasses. My phone rings and I excuse myself to the bathroom which is the only place that I can get some quietness. “Hey Gena what's up?” I answer.

“Nothing just calling to see how the show went.”

“It was great! I forgot how crazy the fans could be,” I say with a smile on my face and Gena laughs making my heart flutter. I've missed her laugh.

“I'm glad that you had a good time Zack...um would it be okay if I came out to one of the shows? You know like old times?” Gena asks and I nod my head even through she can't see it.

“I would like that a lot actually,” I admit and it's the truth. When the two of us were together Gena always came out for at least a week to be on tour with me and I loved it. “Are you sure you can miss work?”

“Zack haven't I always taken off for you?”

“Yeah. Hey Gena?”

“Yes?”

“I've missed you,” I whisper and bite my lower lip waiting for her replay.

“I'm sorry I ever left Zack, I was fucking stupid and I don't know why I did what I did, but I'm sorry. I regret ever letting you go,” Gena says and I can hear the tears in her voice.

“We'll move past it with a little time Gena, don't worry. I wouldn't be giving you another chance if I didn't think we could make it work,” I say telling her the truth.

“I know, but I still hate myself for being so stupid...”

“Maybe it was meant to happen you know? We needed a break to see what we want and need in our lives.”

“I guess you're right...I-I should probably let you go. I know you have a party or something to get back to,” Gena says with a small laugh.

“Yeah...I'll talk to you later alright?”

“Tomorrow?”

“I'll call you when I wake up. Night Gena.”

“Night Zacky,” she says and hangs up. Maybe things are finally turning up for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone. There are only three more chapters after this are you excited? I know I am! I want to thank LiqourxPossed for dealing with my long wait in between updates and just being the awesome chick that she is. She's one of the coolest women that I know and I couldn't ask for a better friend.

Comment and subscribe!