Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Fifty-Four

Matt's Pov

“Matt I'm scared,” Layla said grabbing my hand and to be honest so was I, but I didn't let her know that. I told Layla over and over again that everything was going to be fine, that our daughter was going to be fine. I don't know if she believed me or not 'cause I didn't really believe myself, but all that doesn't matter now anyway. Layla had her C-section and I stood by her side the hold time holding her hand and singing softly in her ear. I was beyond grateful for the blue curtain that had been put over Layla's legs and stomach at the time because when I saw the doctor hold up her scalpel I nearly went down. Lord knows what would have happened if I saw the doctor slice Layla open and take our daughter out of her.

“Matt?” Layla's teary voice pulls me from my own mind and when my eyes come back into focus my heart clenches in my chest. In my arms staring up at me with wide blue eyes is my daughter, my little girl Skye. “Matt?”

I glance over at Layla and she smiles at me lightly, “My imagination did her no justice,” I mummer and Layla nods her head in agreement.

“Skye, our beautiful little girl,” Layla sighs with tears rolling down her face and I blink my eyes feeling my own tears sting my eyes. Bending down slightly I hand Skye over to Layla and my tears fall when I watch Layla interact with our daughter for the first time. She looks perfect, they both do, as mother and daughter. Skye fits in Layla's arms just right and Layla holds her with the kind of care that only a women possesses.

“I'm going to let everyone know we're okay,” I mummer wiping away my tears with the back of my hand. Layla nods her head paying me no mind as she strokes Skye's soft little cheek with her index finger. As I leave the delivery room the doctor pulls me aside and gives me the run down for how everything is going to work since Layla had a c-section. Nodding my head in understanding I walk off to find my family and friends. Layla's mother is the first one I see and when she notices me she stands up catching everyone's attention.

“Is Layla okay? Is baby okay?” Layla's mother asks with tears in her eyes and I nod my head wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

“The c-section went well. Layla is doing just fine, the doctor said you can all see her in half an hour. Skye Lily is everything in my wildest dreams, she's perfect,” I say and everyone cheers.

“When can we see the first Avenged baby?” Jimmy asks excitedly bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet.

“Doc said in ten minutes. Skye needs to be checked out fully and then she'll be put in the room with Layla for a few hours before she taken to the nursery,” I explain and everyone's faces light up. It feels good knowing that they are excited to meet my daughter.

“Are they going to put her that room with the huge ass window with all the other babies?” Johnny asks with his arm wrapped lovingly around Corra's waist.

“Not really sure, lets go see,” I say and we all walk down the hall to the large window that shows all of the newborn babies. I tap on the glass lightly and one of the nurses walks up. She points her left and I notice a little button and speaker. Pressing it I ask, “Is Skye Sander in there?” The nurse looks through her clipboard and walks off. I watch as she picks up a pink blanket and walks back over to the window. Everyone awes and comments on my little girl who is staring right at me with her wide blue eyes.

“That's my God daughter?” Zack asks quietly and I nod my head clasping my hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah man, that's your God daughter,” I tell him and he smiles wide.

Corra stands beside Zack and he throws his arm over her shoulders, “We got a pretty good look God daughter don't we?” Zack asks and Corra giggles nodding her head.

“Little Skye you have no idea how much you are already loved,” Corra says and I smile. She's right, Skye is loved by everyone standing in front of her and many more.

“Hey Matt she's has your hair,” Brian points out and I laugh. Skye has my reddish brown hair, my ears and the rest is all Layla. The only thing we're still trying to find out is if she has my dimples or not.

“That's about all she has and her ears, everything else is Layla,” I say and Val pats my back.

“She's an absolute doll Matt,” Val whispers.

“Thank you,” I say smiling down at her and Lucas kisses her temple.

“The first Avenged baby is so damn cute!” Jimmy cries clapping his hands and Leana giggles clapping along with Jimmy. Skye notices the crazy movement and her blue eyes dance over to her Uncle and Aunt who are clapping happily.

“Oh Jimmy she's watching us!” Leana cheers and Jimmy presses his face against the glass making Skye smile and laugh.

“Dimples!” everyone nearly shouts and my heart melts. My little girl is going to be a heart breaker.

“Zack can you release a statement to the fans letting them know that Skye Lily Sander has been born and is healthy?” I ask and Zack nods his head.

“Do you want me to post a picture?”

“No, just let them know that Layla and the baby are fine.”

“You got it Matt,” Zack says and pulls out his cell phone.

One Week Later

Avenged Sevenfold's Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and website has been blown up by our fans. There have been endless congratulations and many questions asked about Skye and for the most part I haven't answered them. I had Zack release another state asking the fans to please respect my family's privacy on the topic of our little girl. I haven't posted any pictures of Skye online just yet. I talked to Layla and we're going to wait until she gets out of the hospital to post those. I love our fans and I want them to share this moment with us, but not every single second of my daughter's life is theirs to have.

Layla has been on and off bed rest for the week at the hospital. I've visited her every day along with everyone else. Skye is now home with me and Layla will be home in another day. I've been taking care of my little girl alone for the whole week with some help from Layla's mother and my mother as well. The two of them have hardly left Layla and I's house since Skye has been home, but I'm not really complaining. It's hard waking up at one in the morning or three when Skye wants a bottle or needs her diaper changed. Oh God the diapers...never in my life have I ever wanted to call it quits so fast. I'm happy that Skye is a girl, I've heard horror stories about little boys peeing on their parents and that's not something that I want to deal with. However with that said, Skye did manage to pee on Zack while he was changing her diaper which made me laugh harder then ever before.

Right now it's twelve in the afternoon and Skye is sound a sleeping in her room. I'm downstairs cleaning up a little. Everyone came over last night and things got a little crazy, but nothing insane. Someone knocks on the front door and Bella starts barking, “Bella shut up! It's open,” I shout unable to really answer the door right now. My hands are full with trash. As I walk into the main hall the door opens and Corra walks in with a smile on her face and Bella stops barking.

“Hey big guy!” Corra greets skipping over to me and I lean down so she can kiss my cheek. “Skye still sleeping?”

“Yeah, she went down a little over twenty minutes ago.”

“Where are the mother hens?” Corra asks bending down to pet Bella.

“Out getting their nails done.” I say and head into the kitchen with Corra following behind me while Bella runs back into the living room.

“Fun...so I was just at the hospital talking to Layla and she's really excited to come home.”

“I can only imagine, she's told me numerous time how much she can't stand the hospital. So what brings you by Corra?” I ask tossing all the trash into a large trash bag in the middle of the kitchen floor.

“Thought I would seduce you while Layla was away,” Corra says and I look over my shoulder at her. She's leaning up against the counter with her hip cocked to the side and her hair in her face. She winks at me and I laugh, “Just kidding, but really I came over to let you know that Layla's sister and her husband are flying in tonight to see Skye.”

“I have nowhere to put them,” I sigh wiping my hands off on my jeans before I walk over to the fridge and grab two water bottles.

“Johnny offered up his spare bedroom so they will be staying with me and him.”

“They aren't bad together from what Layla tells me, so you don't have to worry about washing any sexed up sheets,” I joke tossing Corra one of the bottles. She catches it and crinkles her nose in disgust making me laugh.

“Have you talked to Zack at all today?”

“No, should I have?”

“From what Gena told me yeah,” Corra says as she opens her bottle. “Apparently Gena and Zack are getting along just fine, they have worked everything out for the most part. Gena thinks Zack is going to ask her to move in with him soon and if that's the case he's going to come running to either Brian or you to ask cor advice,” Corra explains and I shake my head.

“He'll go to Brian before me. The two of them have some kind of bro-mance going on that rivals My Chem.”

“Is that even possible?” Corra asks and I shrug my shoulders. “Well...on that note I think I'm going to head on-” The sound of Skye's cries rings out from the living room thanks to the monitor and before I can even ask Corra is already running up the steps to get my daughter. Twisting the cap off of my water I take a few gulps and smile when Corra returns to the kitchen with Skye in her arms. “Look Skye there's daddy!” Corra says and Skye's head wipes around to find me. Our eyes lock and she starts to coo lightly. “That's just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I want a baby to coo at me like that,” Corra gushes and I rise my eyebrow.

“Well you know you could get-”

“Hush up big guy. We're all still getting over the shock of having little Skye here to deal with. I'm pretty sure none of us need another Deathbat baby running around so soon,” Corra says handing Skye over to me. Skye grabs hold of my index finger and I smile down at her kissing her little hand.

“Skye will need someone to play with. She'll be taller then Johnny by the time she turns three,” I joke and Corra waves me off. She opens her mouth to comment, but someone rings the door bell making Bella bark and us both jump which in turn makes Skye start to cry.

“I'll get it,” Corra says and walks off while I try to claim my little girl down. “Bella stop it.” The sound of the front door opening fills the house and I bounce Skye up and down lightly while patting her back. I can hear Corra talking to someone, but I can't hear what is being said. Bella starts to growl and that's when I know something is wrong, “Look mister you really need to leave. I can't keep holding this dog back,” I hear Corra warn in a strained voice.

“What's going on?” I question walking out into the main hall. Bella stops growling and runs over to my side while Corra closes the door a little more blocking my view of whoever is at the door.

“Matt get back in the kitchen please,” Corra says and before I can ask why whoever is at the door pretty much slams against the door sending Corra to the floor on her ass and Bella growls ready to attack the man who is holding a camera up to his face taking pictures of me and Skye.

Narrowing my eyes at the man I shield Skye's face away from the camera and look down at Bella, “Sick 'em Bells,” I order and Bella charges at the man. He shouts in alarm, drops his camera and runs off my property with Bella casing him all the way to a dark blue truck that pulls off once he's inside. “Bella!” I call out and she runs back to the house, but stops to pick up the camera in her mouth. “Good girl,” I say holding out my hand and she drops the camera into it. I slam the door shut and bend down beside Corra, “You alright?”

“Yeah I'm good,” she mutters rubbing her forehead.

“Who was that guy?” I ask helping her up. She takes Skye from me and rocks her side to side singing softly. We head into the living room and I wait until Skye has stopped crying to ask my question again, “Who was that?”

“Some guy who runs one of the Avenged fan-sites. He wanted to interview you and get pictures of Skye.”

I look down at the camera in my hands and shake my head, “I really hate our fans sometimes,” I mutter and Corra sighs. “I'm pretty sure I can find out who owns this and teach them a lesson,”

“Just call the cops and have them do it Matt. I don't need you going to jail for murder,” Corra says and I rub my forehead feeling a headache coming on. “Who the hell just comes to the house looking for trouble?”

“Crazy fans,” I say and Corra shakes her head. “I'm going to call the cops and deal with this. Will you be okay with Skye for a little while?”

“I'll be fine. You know how much she loves me. Isn't that right little Skye?” Corra coos at my daughter and Skye smiles showing off our shared dimples. I leave the living room and head up stairs to my bedroom that I share with Layla. I call Zack and quickly inform him of what just happened and have him post a statement on our website to let the fans know that they've crossed the line and legal action has been taken. Once I get off the phone with Zack I call the cops and I'm on the phone with them for about an hour before they come to my house and take the camera with them. Hopefully all this will set an example for the fans so they know not to invade mine or any of the guys' personal space.

Two Days Later

The Breaking news today on Monday morning was the capture of the guy who came to my house and took pictures of Skye. He not only had a restraining order put against him, but he also had to spend a few days in jail. If that's not a warning to all of my crazy fans then I don't know what is. Layla wasn't too happy with the news of some random guy finding out where her house was, so we found a new place to live. The beach is our back yard, it's only about a half mile away if we were to walk and it's privet so I don't have to worry about crazy fans taking pictures of Skye while she's having fun in the sand. We haven't moved in just yet, we've in the process of moving and with Layla's sister and her husband here things have been a little crazy. There is a gathering over someone's house every night and there is always laughter. Skye loves it, even thought she's too small to really know what's going on she loves all the sounds.

“Where the hell are Zack and Corra?” Layla asks from her spot on my lap. I scan the room trying to find the two of them, but they are nowhere to be found. I see Johnny and Gena, the two of them are talking to each other over by the book self.

“Where's the baby?” I ask noticing that Skye isn't in the room. Layla and I both stand up and we leave the living room in search of our daughter. “I'll check upstairs,” I tell Layla and walk up the steps of Brian's house. “Corra? Zack?” I call out and I hear the sound of Zack's voice followed by a thumb and the giggles of Corra. I follow the sounds and stand in front of one of the guest bedrooms only to find Corra laughing her ass off while Zack struggles to get Skye's foot back in her tights.

“Will you stop laughing and help me?” Zack asks trying to control his anger and I shake my head laughing. Zack looks over at me and frowns, “Don't just stand there help me,” he orders and I laugh harder. I step into the room and walk over to the bed. Sitting down on the edge I calls Skye's name and get her attention to distract her from what Zack is doing. “Got it!” Zack exclaims in triumph and he lets out a puff of air, “God that was horrible, she wouldn't stop moving!” he wines and Corra is pretty much blue in the face from laughing so hard.

“Corra babe you have to stop laughing or you're going to die,” I point out and Zack looks down at her.

“Keep laughing,” he says and Corra glares at him through her laughter that soon fades away. Zack helps her off of the floor and she leans against him, “You're a bitch you know that?”

“And you're a jerk, so we're even,” Corra says and Zack rolls his eyes.

“Were the two of you up here-” I glance down at my watch at check the time, “for twenty minutes changing Skye's diaper?” I ask and Corra nods her head with a giggle while Zack frowns.

“She wouldn't stop moving,” Zack states and Corra goes into another giggle fit against Zack.

“I don't even want to imagine what it's going to be like when you have your own kids,” I mutter and Zack make a face.

“That's not anywhere in the near future, I'm telling you that right now. Just dealing with your evil spawn-ow!” Zack yelps when Corra slaps the back of his head.

“Don't talk about my God daughter like that Baker.”

“She's my God daughter too!” Zack says and Corra waves him off picking Skye up off the bed.

“Come on little Skye lets go find Uncle Johnny and play with him,” Corra coos and I shoot Zack a look knowing just what he was about to say.

Corra leaves the bedroom and I look at Zack, “What?” he asks

“Twenty minutes to change a diaper?” I question in disbelief and he groans making me laugh. “I fucking love you man,” I laugh and Zack grumbles under his breath as we both leave the bed room as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Skye Lily Sanders. Isn't she a cutie?