Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Six

It's Tuesday and Saoirse is closed till later tonight. Every now and then Layla likes to give Lucas and I some time off and since I pulled a double shift along with some over time on Saturday she thought today her and I could go the beach and soak up some sun. Lucas was going to come with us, but he changed his mind last night. Shoving my sunglasses over my head I walk out my house and jump in my car. Driving the store I buy some drinks, food and ice to pack in my little cooler for the beach. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I groan seeing the time. I've five minutes late and by the time I get to the beach I'll be at least ten or twelve. I hate being late. As I stand in line to pay for the stuff I send Layla a quick text letting her know I'm picking up some food for us and I'll be there shortly.

Quickly paying for my things I head to my car, pop the trunk and fill the cooler with ice, food and drinks. Slamming the trunk I jump in the front seat of my car, start the engine, shove a lollipop in my mouth and drive the to the beach. With my windows down I sing along to the radio and smile when So Cold by Breaking Benjamin starts to play. Finally reaching the beach, I park my car and grab the cooler from the back. Calling Layla I find out she's over by the Ice Cream shop with her mother and sister. Layla's family are good people. I meant them for the first time Saturday night and since then I've talked to them whenever they've come in to see Layla. Walking over to the Ice Cream shop on the board walk I spot Layla and she laughs seeing me struggle with the cooler.

“How much did you pack? The whole store?” she asks once I finally get over to her.

“Maybe.” I joke and she rolls her eyes. I smile at her family members as they get their ice cream and we all head onto the beach, me walking behind them with the cooler in my arms. “Are we there yet?” I wine and Layla's sister laughs.

“Almost.” she says, her accent much stronger then Layla's. We finally reach their spot and I set the cooler down opening it up and pulling out a wine cooler. Throwing down my towel and other beach things I sit down and pop open the cold drink.

“Hey boss lady question.”

“What?”

“Where has Matt been for the last two days?” I ask and Layla tucks her hair behind her ear biting her lower lip. “Oh. I know that face, what happened?” Layla's mom looks over at her and smiles.

“You having guy trouble dear?” she asks and Layla blushes.

“Is it that tall guy we always see?” her sister asks.

“He didn't get you pregnant did he?”

“Mama!! No. I'm not pregnant.” Layla cries and I laugh seeing her so embarrassed.

“So what's wrong?” I ask.

“Matt kissed me.” Layla says 'causing me to choke on my drink and her sister to nearly drop her ice cream.

“When was this?” I ask staring at her in awe.

“Saturday night after we cleaned up for the night.”

“Awe!” Layla's sister and I coo and Layla glares at us.

“Shut up!” she says with a laugh.

“I don't understand. Why is a kiss bad?” her mom asks. “You like this boy right?”

“I don't know ma. It's too soon to know...I-I think I like him. He's a good guy ya know? I just don't know right now.” Layla sighs and I open the cooler up. Digging around I find just what I'm looking for.

“Here. You need this.” I say handing Layla a pack of Lemon Heads. She laughs and smiles.

“Thanks Corra.” she says opening the pack up and eating some. I don't care what anybody says, candy can put a smile on anyone's face.

Having changed the subject to things other then Layla's love life we enjoy the rest of our time at the beach tanning and going in the water to cool off. At three we leave the beach and go out to get some lunch and after we catch a movie. I had a blast spending time with Layla and her family, but after the movie I thought I would be best for me to call it quits and let Layla enjoy her family by herself, since she doesn't get to see them much. I have to head to Saoirse at six for work, so till then I think I'll take a nap. As soon as my head hits my pillow and I doze off my cell rings and I groan. Digging in my pocket I pull my phone out and answer it.

“Hello?” I yawn.

“Corra where the hell are you?” Lucas yells in my ear.

“Home...?” I state confused.

“Get the hell up! It's six thirty!” he yells and my brows furrow in confusion. Rolling over I glace at my clock and he's not lying.

“I'll be there in fifteen minutes.” I mutter and hangs up. Damn guess I slept longer then I thought. Walking up fully I quickly get ready for work, run out the house, jump in my car and speed off down the street. I really need to stop being late for everything. Parking my car next to Layla's I get out and head into the pub. Looking around I spot Matt and smile seeing him talking to Lucas. Walking up behind him I place my hands over his eyes. “Guess who big guy.” I say and he chuckles.

“Hello Corra.” Matt says and I giggle removing my hands from his face.

“You got him?” Lucas asks and I nod my head as I jump over the counter to get to work.

“So what's this I hear about you laying the moves on boss lady?” I ask and Matt looks up at me shocked.

“She told you about that?”

“Yeah. What's wrong with you? You can't kiss and girl and then just disappear big guy.” Matt looks at me and sighs.

“When she ran to her car I thought I did something, so I gave her some space.” he explains and I blink.

“Wait. What? She ran to her car??” I ask highly confused.

“After I kissed her yeah...” Matt says and I sigh.

“That women is such a newb.” I mutter and shake my head. Matt raises his eyebrow and I smile.

“Don't worry big guy I got your back on this one.” I say and walk away leaving him alone with his drink. If he kisses Layla and she ran I think she should apologize and explain to Matt what she was thinking...if she even was. Hell he's too damn sexy to run from.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe