Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Seven

"You ran off him! Why?" Corra asked bursting in to my office. "Your lucky I am such a laid back boss love! Cause you are late Corra" I smiled back at her. "Hell no Missy don't try and change the subject." Corra said flopping on to my couch. " I was caught off guard Corra, I took him him to the early house to see flogging molly last night, I told him bout my dad and then bam he kissed. I was shocked freaked out and ran away!" I explained holding my head in my hands. "Don't let your fathers death stop you from loving anybody else baby, your dad would be annoyed if he knew that his little girl wasn't happy because of him." My mom spoke from the door way. "I know your right mom!" I sighed. Is she right though is y dads passing stopping me from opening my heart or have i really been that negative towards life that I really do think this world is just full of cold hatred and hurt.

"Get out of that seat and go talk to him!" my mom told me pulling me out of my seat. I slowly walked up the stairs but was soon hurried by Cora pushing me up the stairs. "He is at the bar don't worry just go talk to him" Corra smiled and I took a breath and walked into the bar. I looked up and down the bar for him. I couldn't see him anywhere. I took a walk around collecting glasses off tables, when I heard his contagious laugh echo through my ears I followed the sound with my eyes and seen him beside the pool table. He was with his friends and I walked over towards them. "Hey Layla!" they all said together. "Hey guys" I said with a smile. "Hey Layla." Matt said quietly in my ear as I collect their empty glasses. "Hey Matt." I smiled weakly. "Listen I am so sorry for running out on you the other night, I just got a fright and dont handle stuff like this to well." I said while tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "Hey don't worry about it, my fault I caught you off guard." he chuckled and I just smiled to myself. " I was wondering if I could take you out some night. That's if you want to?" Matt asked and I looked up melting at his smile. "Sure this place can survive one night with out me?" I laughed walking away with the empty glasses in my hands. I grabbed a pen and walked back over to Matt writing number on his hand.

"Well .....?" Corra, Lucas and my family all said like a choir. " I am going out with some night" I said filling the dish washer. "No backing out this time" Corra giggled. " Hey ladies we are playing a gig tomorrow night want to come a long and join us for the show?" Brian and Johnny said together. "sure we need a night out?" I said smiling at the men. " Well there is one catch?£ Brian whispered to me. "What?" I giggled as he came closer. "We get to have the afters here!" Brian smiled at me. "Of course you can losers!" I threw a rag at him. Awhile later Matt came over to order a few beers. "Five beers beautiful." Matt smiled. "Get them yourself!" I said sticking my tongue out at him. "Fine then!" he said jumping behind the bar. gave him five seconds to try pull a pint and to release the pressure of the pump. I laughed when his first pint was just full of foam. "Right since it ain't really busy just yet" I grabbed a fresh glass and stepped in front of him. "First you must release the pressure, then tilt the glass slightly and pull." I smiled. We repeated this until the final pint was to be poured. Matt came behind me put his hands over were mine were and we pulled the final one together. We got lost in the moment it felt like it was just us two in this whole bar, I tilted my head to the side and Matt was about to brush his lips against mine until Zacky pitched up. "Hey Matt look who it is Val go over and say hey Man." Matt nodded and began walking away but not without kissing the top of my head first.

"That's Matts ex girlfriend they have just broken up man he was crazy over for years, they were mwnt to get married you know. Ahh I really hope they get back together, Val is good for him and means he will spend less time at the bar and write some music." Zacky grinned at me but all I felt was that cold tight feeling again. I dropped a glass and the sound echoed through my head. I went to clean it up and cut my hand off it. "Shit!" I cursed to myself and ran to the bathrooms to clean up my hand. As I washed my hand clean and tried to get the gass out I felt the tears brimming my eyes. Why am I crying , I haven't even gone out with him. He is just stupid crush. I tried to hold back the tears but they just flooded out.