Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Eight

Matt's POV:

I walked over to my ex-fiancee and gave her her a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek. This is the first time I have seen Val since I started coming to Saoirse. The reason I came across this bar was my little sister and her friends like to drink here. So while I drove around Huntington I came across Saoirse down at the Pier. I walked in and there was no one at the bar, so I sat down waiting to be served. "Oh sorry there mate, how can I help ye?" I looked up from my Blackberry and meet the most piercing blue eyes ever. "JD and coke please." I replied at this beautiful barmaid. Ever since that night I came back to Saoirse trying to talk to her, well get the courage to talk to her. Until that night she was alone sitting on the bar reading a book she looked so elegent. Her irish accent was strong but so sweet, I learnt that her name was Layla and she was the owner of the bar. Layla was so fascinating to me and I don't know why.

After that night I just knew I had to get my fix of her. I felt something for her that I never felt with Val. Val and myself knew we wanted different things and we respected eachothers wishes over the decision. "She is beautiful Matt, whats her name?" I heard giggle at me. "Layla and sorry didnt realize I was staring at her." I laughed at myself. "You really like her don't you?" Val asked me giving a short hug. "Yeah I do, she is just so fascinating, I kissed her the other night and -" before I could finish my sentence I heard the shril the sound of breaking a glass. I turned to see Layla running towards the toilets. "What happened there?" I asked Zack as he walked towards the group. "Layla broke a glass and cut her hand open on it, she really wasnt paying attention to what she was doing." I walked away not listening to Zacky anymore and headed up to Corra. "Yo Corra everything alright with Layla?" I shouted over the music. "Yeah the boss lady just cut her hand off broken glass." Corra said smiling at the customer she was serving. " You got a bandage that you can give me to wrap up her hand?" I asked and Corra nodded going underneath the bar for a first aid kit. "Here you go big guy." Corra handed me the bandage and I ran off to the bathrooms.

I pushed the door and barracaded it shut, I walked around to see Layla sitting on the counter crying. "Layla whats wrong babe?" I asked coming closer to her. "Nothing Matt im fine!" she said sniffing back the tears. ayla never seemed the type to cry as if she was to strong or to cold hearted to do so. I took her cut hand in mine and cleaned it up. "You don;t have to do this I can take care of myself?" Layla said yanking her hand away from me. "I know you can but sometimes it is ok to let others help you to Layla." I said taking her hand back and bandaged it up. "Thank you" she sniffed back. "Can I ask you this is losing your dad the reason you are so cold to men bar Lucas?" I knew I wouldnt like the answer. "Do you still have both your parents?" Layla asked looking at the floor. "Yeah and a sister." I answered her wondering were this was going. " I loved my dad he taugt me everthing I know about my trade, I was the youngest with an older sister myself. My mom she was an amazing woman did everthing for us too, but when my dad fell ill 8 years ago my world came crashing down. I tried to avoid the thought of him dying so i acted out did drugs drank and got tattoos. I rebelled but when my dad was on his death bed he told me he forgave me that the only reason I acted out was cause I was afraid of being alone." Layla took a deep breathe. "So a few days after my dad had died I packed up and moved here like I told you but I have been alone ever since cause this world is far to cruel and cold for me to love." she stopped there. "Layla if you give me a chance I will prove you wrong on that theory, I will show you that I can protect you and love you until the very last second you want me." I said cupping her face so she would look at me. "No Matt you and Val are ment to be and I am not going to stop you from being with her like Zacky said you's two belng together." Layla said jumping down off the counter and fixing herself up. I had to do it, I just had too. I turned her around and grabbed her, issed er with as much love and passion I could give. " I will prove you wrong even if it kills me.

She smiled and kissed me back before leaving to go back to work. What was Zacky thinking telling Layla tat I should be with Val. As I walked back to my friends, I tipped Zacky on the shoulder and pointed to the door. "We need to talk." I said keeping my calm. As we went outside Zacky kept asking what was so important. "Did you tell Layla that me and Val belong together and that we were getting back together?" I asked im sternly. Zacky said nothing and tat was all I needed for an answer. "Thanks Zack I dont know what idea you have or why you are pushing Layla away but keep your nose out of it." I growled heading back inside.