Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Nine

Corra's Pov

Layla thought it would be better if she did paper work since she just cut her hand and not handle peoples beers. So I'm out here alone, which so far is going good. The thing I like most about Saoirse are the customers. Everyone, even when they are drunk waits till it's their turn to be served. Handing a man his drink I smile at one of Matt's friends...Zack as he sits down at the bar.

“What can I get you?” I ask pulling a lollipop out of my pocket.

“Jack on the rocks.” he grumbles and I frown as I suck on my candy. Leaving Zack alone for only a moment to get his drink I smile seeing Matt and his other friends laughing at a table. Heading back over to Zack I hand him is drink and he hands me the money.

“Why aren't you over there laughing with your friends?” Zack glares at the glass he's holding and stare at him waiting for an answer.

“Matt's all pissed off because I told that Layla chick that he's going to get back with his ex. I don't even see why he's pissed, the two of them were perfect together. They shouldn't have broken up. Everyone wants them to fix their issues, but they won't. Layla's fucking up our family!” Zack growls and I raise my eyebrow at him.

“How is she messing up the family?”

“Matt's starting to fucking keeping his eyes on her and forgetting about Val! What the hell do you mean how is she messing up the family?! She's always all over him and it's pathetic! Matt doesn't need someone like her.”

“Oh and what is someone like her?” Zack picks his head up and looks at me confused.

“Huh?” he asks.

“You said Matt doesn't need someone like her? What is Layla? What makes her someone Matt shouldn't be with?” I ask and Zack's brows furrow together as he thinks of his answer.

“She's not one of us. She doesn't belong.” Zack states and I scoff taking my candy out of my mouth and holding it.

“Then I guess that means I don't belong either yeah? Everyone in this bar shouldn't talk to any of you right? 'Cause none of us are one of you. 'Cause we don't belong?” I ask glaring at Zack motioning with my hand at everyone in the bar. There is noway in hell I'm going to let him insult my friend or anybody in this bar.

“You got some kind of nerve Zack you know that? You come in here, in Layla's fucking bar and talk shit about her because she's flirting with your friend. It seems like you're the only one worried about Matt getting back with that Val chick. You need to get the fuck over it! It's clear to see that they both are moving on. So instead of acting all butt-hurt over their break up why don't you do something worth while and apologize for being such a dick to my friend alright? If not feel free to get the fuck out and don't come back 'cause you're not one of us. You don't belong here.”

Zack stares at me shocked, he mouth open and his eyes wide. I guess no one has ever spoken to him like that. Without a word Zack stands up with his drink in his hand and walks away from the bar like a dog with it's tail between it's legs. Taking a deep breath I shove my lollipop back in my mouth and shake my head. Who the hell does he think he is? 'She's not one of us. She doesn't belong here.' Bull-fucking-shit! Cocky asshole that's what he is. He's not even anyone important. If he was a famous million dollar rockstar okay sure I could see where he's coming from, but he's a fucking nobody!

“Excuse me?” Snapping out of my thought I look in front of me at a small, slender white women with blond hair and hazel-green tint eyes.

“What can I help you with honey?” I ask and she smiles kindly at me.

“Can I get a shot of Patron please?” she asks and I pour her drink. She hands me her money and takes a set in front of me. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“What's going on with your friend?” the women asks and I stare at her.

“And you are...” I ask a bit defensive.

“Oh sorry I'm Val one of Matt's friends.” she says and I narrow my eyes at her.

“Look lady if you're here to start shit leave. I already dealt with your boy Zack, don't make me start on you too.” I warn and her eyes widen.

“What? No. No I'm not here to cause any trouble. I just noticed how Matt was looking at her and I think they would be a good match.” she says and I stare at her.

“You're his ex why are you trying to help him?”

“Doesn't everyone deserve to be happy?” Val asks and I nod my head agreeing with her. “I'm sorry I never got your name.”

“I'm-”

“Corra! Hey sexy lady!” My face heats up as Johnny struts his way over to the bar with a smile on his face and his eyes a bit glazed. He's so toasted right now. Johnny sits down next to Val and smiles at her, “Oh hi Val! I didn't know you knew Corra. Isn't she the best? Did she give you a sucker? She always has those on her somewhere.” Johnny rambles and Val looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Johnny what do you want honey?” I ask and he smile at me. He reaches across the bar and tucks some hair behind my ear.

“Can I have a kiss?” he asks and my face heats up as Val watches the two of us.

“You're so drunk right now Johnny.”

“Call me Christ. Johnny Christ! I'm God!” Johnny says and I laugh shaking my head.

“Alright Christ I think it's time someone called a cab and went home.” I say and Johnny shakes his head.

“Noooooo. I'm not leaving yet sexy lady. Gates is my ride home. Right Gates?!” Johnny yell and all his friends look at him like he's lost his mind...however Matt looks like he's ready to kill Johnny.

“Okay Johnny come on I'll take you home. It was nice being able to talk to you Corra. I hope we can talk some more without all the interruptions?” Val asks looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“Yeah maybe.” I say and she nods her head. She stands up and waves Brian over to help her walk Johnny out to her car.

“See you later Corra.” Brian says.

“Bye my future baby mama!” Johnny yells thrusting his hips a little as he walks and I chock on my spit. The guys all make cats and laugh when I flip them off. Muttering under my breath I curse Johnny's drunken mind and try not to think of the words he said. Distracting my mind with orders and beers I soon forget about Johnny's little out burst enjoy the rest of the night.

“Alright people closing time!” I shout and slowly the few people who are still here start to leave. Matt and his friend Jimmy walk over to the bar and smile down at me. “Can I help you?” I ask looking at them.

“Um about Johnny...he can get a little crazy when he drinks too much. Don't listen to a word he says, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's not Johnny Christ.” Matt says and I look up at his face. Him and Jimmy both look nervous, for what? I have no idea.

“Okay...??”

“Good! Well we'll get going now. Tell Layla I said goodbye.” Matt says.

“Layla! Matt's leaving!” I shout and a few seconds later the office door opens. I jump over the bar and grab Jimmy's hand. “Come on I wanna see what your car looks like.” I state and Jimmy laughs as I pull him outside.

“That was a horrible lie.” Jim say and I shrug my shoulders.

“Eh it was the best I could come up with.” Jimmy chuckles and we walk over to his car.

“I wish Matt would come on and ask her out already.”

“No. They need more time to get to know each other.”

“Yeah I guess you're right...what about you and Johnny?” Jimmy asks and I look up at him.

“What about Johnny and me?” I ask confused.

“Oh come on you so like him!”

“What?! I-I do not! We're friends and that's all.”

“You keep telling yourself that.”

“I will!” I retaliate and Jimmy laughs.

“Nice come back.”

“...Shut up.” I mutter and smile seeing Layla and Matt walk out of the bar holding hands.

“Awwwwwwwwwwe!” Jimmy and I both coo at the little couple and they both blush dropping each others' hand. I giggle and skip over to them.

“This is where you kiss Layla goodnight Matthew.” I say in a baby voice causing Layla to blush and Matt to smirk.

“Goodnight Layla.” Matt says and kisses her softly on the lips.

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe!” Jimmy and I say at the same time making the two of them laugh.

“They are so cute.” Jimmy says acting like he's crying and I laugh playing along.

“My little Layla is going to start having sex soon...she's so grown up.” I 'cry' and they all laugh at my comment.

“Okay I think I'm going to head inside now and clean up before they say anything else about us.” Layla says and Matt smiles showing off his dimples.

“See you tomorrow babe.” Matt says and jumps in the car with Jimmy. Layla and I wave as they pull out of the parking lot and drive off.

“He's a keeper.” I state and Layla laughs.

“Maybe.” she says and I smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!!