Yesterday's Feelings

Finally Home

"So where does this friend of yours live?" I asked as we began to board the plane.
“Just down the road from my house. Are you sure that's all you want to take?"
“Shut up it’s all I got!" I had a couple of shirts and a few pairs of pants, not much to anyone else but it was all I had, "So what’s your friends name again?"
“Spike."
“Ok. So is he married or anything?"
“Why you gonna make a move or something?" He asked winking.
“No I'm just wondering," I said trying to look innocent.
“Good. And yes."
“How old is he?"
“God, I don't know his life story," he said defensively.
“Well I don't know anything about this guy who you're sending me to live with." I was kinda nervous, sure I trusted my uncle to not send me to live with a psycho, but everyone has skeletons in their closet.
“He's pretty cool-"
“Well if Johnny Knoxville says he's cool he must be cool," I said sarcastically.
Pretty soon the flight was over and we were finally in California and it was so different in really good way. I was used to Tennessee with trees that flowed with the rolling hills, but here it was open with the scent of the ocean hanging in the air. This is the type of place where I could start over, a whole new life.

“So do you wanna go see your new home now or what?" Uncle J. asked.
“Mine as well get it over with."
“Well you sound so enthused."
“This is it!" Uncle Knoxville said stopping his car in front of a huge mansion.
“Wow," I said staring at the gigantic house in front of me.
“Come on," he called pulling me out of my gaze.
*Ding Dong* the doorbell rang.
The door opened revealing a middle-aged man about 5' 9 with shaggy medium length brown hair.
“Yo Spike, what’s up?"
“Nothin much man," he looked at me, "so is this her?"
“Yep."
“Hi I'm Spike and you must be Angella?" he asked outstretching his hand for me to shake.
“That’s me. Nice to finally meet you.” I gave a flirtatious smile."
All of the sudden I heard a loud screeching noise. Dr. Monroe picked up the timer, "The hour is over, same time tomorrow?" she said looking at me for an answer.
“Sounds good to me I guess."
“Have a good day."
“Bye.”

I slowly unlocked the front door thinking about everything that we had yet to cover in counseling and how that douche could have done that to me. I turned on the light to my small one-bedroom apartment and walked over to the phone where the number 8 was flashing on the caller ID. Not wanting to know who called, I reluctantly pressed the play button.
“Hey Angel its Brandon-"delete.
“I'm really sor-"delete.
“I know what I did wasn't good but I'm really sorry-"delete.
“Please pick up the phone? If I could take it back I would-"delete.
“It’s Novak pick up the phone-"delete.
“Babe, come on answer already plea-"delete.
The rest I didn't even bother with I'm tired of Brandon Novak. He's the whole reason I'm in this position, before him I never cared or tried or loved, but he took advantage of that. That bastard.