A Tour with Before You Exit

Gibson Guitar Factory

"Urg, Tank No!" I opened my eyes to see Riley with his head on my lap with Tank licking his face. I laughed slightly before picking Tank up and putting him on the floor. "Thank you," I smiled as a response while watching him rub the sleep out of his eyes. I looked up and saw that everyone was still asleep.
"Want to get revenge for all the time's they've picked on us?" I asked quietly not wanting to wake the others up. He grinned at me before pulling us both out of the room quietly. When we got into the kitchen Riley's parents were both sitting at the table.
"Why do you both have that evil glint in your eyes?" Mr. McDonough asked smiling at us.
"Payback," Riley replied before pulling out two cans of whipped cream from the fridge.
"Try not to make a lot of mess!" Mrs. McDonough commented laughing at us. Riley handed me one of the cans and I followed him back into the room where everyone was sleeping.
"You get Thomas and Braiden and I'll get Connor and Toby," Riley whispered before walking towards his brother. I tip-toed over and kneeled down next to Thomas, I shook the can and drew a moustache and glasses on his face. I laughed, pleased with my work before moving over to do the same to Braiden. "And pictures are taken and being uploaded to twitter." My phone buzzed showing his tweet had been uploaded. "You get my tweets to your phone?" I looked over and saw him grinning; I shoved him lightly before unlocking my phone to see what he had done.
'Evil revenge with @BYEemma'
I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of them all sleeping oblivious to what was on their faces. "Time to wake them up I guess," I commented looking at them all. Riley walked past me to the remote and turned the music channel on; All Time Low was currently playing so he turned it up to its full volume. The four of them jumped up in shock, Toby even fell off the sofa, I felt kind of bad seen as he didn't deserve it like the others did but it was still funny.
I sat on Riley's knee still laughing as we watched the four of them turn to glare at us when they realised what we had done. "Well played you two," A voice said from the doorway. I turned and saw Mr and Mrs McDonough standing filming us.
"I suppose we partly deserved that," Connor said from his spot, "I'm going to use the shower, once we've got this off and changed we can go out somewhere."
"Let's go and get ready," Riley said lifting me up off his knee and pulling me up the stairs to his room.
"They got us good," Thomas mumbled to Braiden making us swap a smug look.
"There probably going to try and get us back for that now," I laughed grabbing my bag.
"I did not think of it that way," Riley replied before walking over to pull clothes out of his wardrobe. "Do you have clothes to change into?"
"Umm yeah, except for a jacket, I'll just have to wear that cardigan again," I told him trying to hide the disgust in my voice. He laughed making me look up at him. He pulled his gray stripped hoodie out of his closet before walking over to hand it to me.
"Wear this, I know it's your favourite anyway," He said before kissing my head and walking out of the room towards the bathroom. I changed quickly and pulled Riley's hoodie over my head, I smiled when I realised it smelled like him. I tidied my hair before putting everything back in my bag and pulled out my toothbrush ready for when the bathroom was free. I sat down on the bed and waited for Riley to come back in.
A minute there was a quiet knock on the door. "You changed yet?" Connors voice asked. I walked over and opened the door for him. "Bathrooms free for you to use, good job this morning by the way." He patted my shoulder before walking back down the hallway.
After finishing in the bathroom, I walked downstairs to see everyone in the kitchen eating. "About time, it takes you ages to get ready," Thomas said with his mouth full.
"I don't take that long!" I argued.
"Leave my sister alone Thomas," Braiden commented from his spot throwing his crust at Thomas' head.
"Okay, I was thinking maybe we could take a trip down to the Gibson store today. We all have savings left plus it will be a nice visit," Connor interrupted going into business mode. I sat quietly listening to them all talk about wanting to buy new guitars while playing with the friendship bracelet I always wore on my left wrist. All of the boys had chipped into buying it for me when they went to play their first ever gig and I wasn't allowed to go. I wasn't much but it was the best item I owned in my opinion. They had bought beads with their initials on them and so it said Before you Exit.
R.M, C.M, B.Y.E, T.S, B.W
"Em, do you mind being the cameraman for the day?" Connor asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Of course not," I replied before finishing my food.
"I'll drive," Braiden said leading everyone out of the front door. I looked up confused, I didn't even realise they had decided to leave straight away. I really need to stop daydreaming. I walked behind them all towards the car; I sat down next to Riley and shared his earphone while the others talked about some game the entire drive.
...
"Okay, so tell the viewers where we are Braiden," I told him as we waited for the others to get their stuff out of the car. I nodded to him to show him I was filming.
"Hey, what's up? Here we are, about to go to the Gibson store," He commented pointing towards the building.
"Yey," Connor shouted while walking behind me.
"Sponsorship," Braiden continued before walking off towards the building. I filmed them all walking away before running quickly to catch up with them.
"Emma, why don't you go ahead and film us walking towards the building," Thomas suggested smiling like a little kid. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door trying my best not to trip over.
When I reached the door I turned around and started to film them walking towards me. "This doesn't look planned at all," I shouted to the sarcastically as they pretended to smile and had have a conversation. "Can I stop now?" I asked when they were standing right in front of me grinning.
"Yes," Braiden answered laughing. Riley grabbed my hand and half pulled me to follow the others inside the building. I laughed and let Riley pull me around to look at all of the guitars, they all looked as if they were in heaven the second they saw all of the guitars hung up on the walls and in cases.
After about ten minutes of watching them admire the guitars they decided to go upstairs to the other section.
"Making our way..." Connor said as the elevator doors closed.
"Second floor," Braiden stated.
"One, two..." Thomas counted waiting for the door to open. "BEEP!" Thomas tried to guess when the door would open but failed.
"Is there only two floors?" Riley asked as we all stared at the door waiting for it to open.
When the door finally opened they all squeaked like little girls and rushed out. I stood in shock for a moment before laughing and following them out.
"Oh my God..." Connor muttered to himself.
...
While we were all sitting in the seating area waiting for a staff member Thomas picked up a magazine to read while the others spoke quietly.
"Reading a magazine?" Connor asked when he realised what Thomas was doing.
"I don't know what it's called..." Thomas replied, flicking through the pages.
"Thomas doesn't know how to read yet," Braiden whispered from his spot next to me when he realised I was filming them.
"Yes...Thomas is still learning how to read," Connor imputed. Going along with their story, Thomas turned the magazine upside-down and laughed.
"I want to live here," I joked after a few minutes.
"It's very nice, very nice interior. I don't know how to explain it, there's just guitars everywhere," Braiden joked along.
...
When the woman that was to show us around finally turned up, I walked in the back behind Riley and filmed all the guitars and rooms as we walked seen as I had nothing else to do. After a few minutes I started to get bored, I loved guitars but not as much as them...
When they finally stopped in one of the back rooms I hugged Riley from behind and rested my head on his shoulder to watch the others examine everything. Riley turned his head slightly to smile at me before kissing my forehead from the awkward angle. I lowered my hands making him stare at me in shock, I laughed quietly before pulling his iPod out of his front pocket. Riley shook his head laughing at me before helping me untangle the earphones.
For the rest of the tour I carried on filming everything letting Riley pull me along but I no longer listened to what the woman was telling them.
I brightened up when I saw that we were going onto the balcony, I was too dark in the building. "It's like a party area," Thomas commented once we were all outside.
"Were in heaven right now," Connor replied making me smile. I looked over and laugh at the look of shock on Riley's face as he looked around.
"So, we just sit around now?" Braiden asked making me walk over to the one-seater before Connor could.
"Great, now I have to sit by one of them idiots," he complained before sitting down with everyone following his lead.
"I'm going to the bathroom," Thomas said after five minutes of sitting around. As he walked off Riley turned to look at me smirking.
"Do you want to go and bug him?" Riley asked, I laughed and nodded, we had nothing better to do.
As we were walking to the bathroom we passed Connor and Braiden who were picking out which guitars they wanted to try out from the wall. When we reached the door I turned on the camera and faced Riley.
"Thomas is in the bathroom, "He said before walking over to knock the door. After there was no reply he tried to open the door by the handle but luckily Thomas had locked it. I held in my laughter as Riley continued to knock the door. A few seconds later we heard the toilet flush and Thomas opened the door and sprayed us with water.
"That's disgusting, you don't know who's used that," I moaned making him laugh.
When we walked back to the others they were in the practice room playing the guitars they had been looking at earlier. I nodded to Riley to show him the camera was on, he walked forward and wrapped his arms around my stomach to try and see the screen on the camera "It's the practice room, hey Braiden show us that guitar," he shouted after a few seconds. Braiden stopped playing to show off the guitar, "Sweet," Riley gave him a thumb up covering half the view on the camera.
...
When we went back in the elevator Thomas let out a small laugh, we all looked over at him while I turned on the camera hoping he would do something funny. "She's like ohm..." He started to say as Riley looked over and smiled once he saw I was filming again yet the others were oblivious. "Anything you don't see that you have in mind, it's probably in our door of everything. Our closet of everything, Heaven of guitars."
All of them quickly walked out of the elevator laughing while I followed them "Oh there's Braiden's guitar," Connor said when he walked past a plastic guitar that was double Braiden's size. "Only twice his size."
"Isn't his guitar normally bigger than that? That one's too small," I argued watching Braiden pretend to play it.
"Yeah, Emma's right..." Connor joked as Braiden walked towards us.
...
When we were finally out of there, we headed back to the car to drive home. Me and Riley swapped a look of amusement as Connor and Thomas started to sign along badly to the radio. Braiden rolled his eyes and put his earphones in to ignore them. For the first few songs I found it amusing but then I got a headache and turned Riley's iPod back on and gave him one of the earphones.
...
When we pulled up outside of Braiden and I's house, it finally hit me that I was going to have to face my parents again after their behaviour the previous night. The guy's had managed to distract me all day but now there was no getting away from it.
"Good luck Emma bear, Braiden bear," Thomas commented from the front making me smile at him.
"Don't kill them," Connor imputed as Braiden got out of the car. I leaned over and peaked Riley's cheek quickly before jumping out of the car shouting a goodbye. I gratefully took my bag off Braiden and followed him up to the door.
"Mum, Dad, are you home?" Braiden shouted out, I silently prayed that they weren't. I groaned when I saw them both walk through the doorway.
"You're finally home," Mum stated looking at us suspiciously
"Yeah, we went to the Gibson Store with the others."
"Emma, can we talk to you?" My Dad asked making me step closer to Braiden; I looked back and saw the others were quietly watching from the car.
"Okay..." I replied waiting for them to start talking.
"Privately," My Mum snapped before walking in the kitchen with my Dad following her.
"I'll wait here okay," Braiden mumbled as the others got out of the car probably because they saw the look of horror on our faces. I nodded and gave a slight smile to the others before walking into the kitchen.
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked them not bothering to close the door; if they started shouting at me Braiden would easily hear and come to help me.
"It's about yesterday..." My Dad answered, I instantly thought they were going to apologise before I saw my Mum reach in her bag to pull out something. "Use them wisely."
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I screamed when I saw she had handed me a packet of condoms. I could faintly hear four pairs of feet running towards the kitchen behind me but I ignored it.
"Emma Amelia Wood! I do not want those filthy words coming out of your mouth!" she screamed back.
"Well they fucking did!" I replied, cursing again to piss her off.
"Have some manors young lady!"
"This is for your own good, you're lucky we are allowing you to have a boyfriend," Mum argued back.
"Well, you're not around long enough to know if I did anyway," I half shouted as Braiden walked forward to place his hand on my shoulder. I wanted to stop but everything was coming out of my mouth before I could even process what was happening. "Why do you care anyway? You never have, but now that you know people are judging you, you become the parents that we needed five years ago not now! We've had to learn how to look after ourselves!"
"Don't you dare point the finger at us! Where has this attitude come from? You were always a polite child until you started hanging around with those immature boys!"
"Don't you dare blame any of this on them! If anything they've made me a better person, they were there for me when you two weren't. There my family unlike you!"
"Go to your room now," Dad said as Braiden pulled me out of the room. "And you four out as well..." I turned to look at them to see them all smiling at me before walking out and back towards the car. "Braiden can we speak to you alone?"
"No, I'm taking my baby sister up to her room and away from you two," He replied before leading me up to my room. Once we sat on the bed he burst out laughing, I turned and gave him a look of shock before chucking the condoms my parents gave me under the bed. "That was awesome, their faces when you started screaming and swearing, I'm surprised the guys and I didn't burst out laughing in their faces."
"Well they annoyed me..."I replied laughing.
"Don't worry were going out with the others and its spring break soon so we'll be away from them," He kissed my forehead before walking towards the door. "So just go and do your nightly call to Riley, he was probably thinking of a joke about the condoms the whole drive home." I laughed and reached over to get my phone while throwing one of the pillows at Braidens head before he closed the door.