A Tour with Before You Exit

The Date

When I woke up I actually made an effort and did my hair and put some make up on. I looked in the mirror and cringed, I hope no one would comment on the fact that I had made an effort.
When I was done, I walked downstairs and Braiden started to laugh. "Why on earth do you look so nervous?"
"I'm not nervous," I muttered before sitting down on the table next to him.
"Yes you are... You and Riley hang out basically every day," he argued shaking his head.
"So, what are you doing today?" I asked changing the subject. He smirked before shaking his head.
"Me and Thomas are meeting up with some of our friends from school," he answered.
"Have fun with that," I replied before looking over at the clock, I still had five minutes before Riley was suppose to be here.
The doorbell rang, I got up quick and basically ran to the door, I could faintly hear Braiden laughing behind me. I groaned when I opened the door and saw Thomas standing on the other side.
"Nice to see you too Emma-bear," Thomas said sarcastically. "You look very nice, going out with your boyfriend?" he asked in a teasing voice. I rolled my eyes before walking back to sit down.
"You ready to leave then Braid's?" Thomas asked still in the doorway.
"Yes. Em, lock the door when you leave!" Braiden shouted over before closing the door.
A few minutes later there was another knock on the door, I walked calmly this time. I opened the door and laughed when I saw Riley standing there with flowers in his hand. "I know you don't like real flowers because of your allergies... So I got you fake ones." I smiled and kissed him quickly before taking the flowers off him. "I'll love you until each and every one dies... Too cheesy?"
"Very cheesy... But I'll love you until that day too." I joked before locking the front door. I took his hand and allowed him to lead me to the car. He opened the passenger side door and jokily bowed. "You look beautiful as always Miss Wood," I laughed and muttered a thank you before putting on my seatbelt.
"So, where are we going first?" I asked when he closed the door and put his seatbelt on. He turned and smiled at me before starting to drive.
For the first ten seconds I held onto my seat tight before letting go when I realised nothing was going to happen. "Did you really expect me to be so bad?" he asked shaking his head at me.
"Well in my defence, you’ve never let me come with you when you were practicing, and no offence Riles... But you suck at driving games."
He laughed. "Speak for yourself. You're the only person I can't beat! I dread to think what you're going to be like when you start to drive."
"I am going to be avoiding driving for as long as possible," I argued.
A few minutes later we pulled up at the cinema. I rolled eyes slightly; I should have known this was the first place we would go. I got out of the car and walked forward to take Riley's outstretched hand in mine.
"Okay, what movie do you want to see?" Riley asked while looking at the list of movies out. I read all of them before swapping a look with Riley.
"Harry Potter!" we both answered at the same time. I grinned before walking with him to buy the tickets.
"Let me pay as well!" I argued.
"Nope," Riley replied smirking.
"I refuse to let you pay for everything today, I want to buy you stuff too."
"Fine, if it pleases you, then you can pay for something," Riley answered rolling his eyes slightly.
"I'll buy the food, usual?" I asked, he nodded smiling slightly. I went and bought us popcorn and drinks before walking over to where he was standing waiting.
"Thank you," Riley said with a mouthful of popcorn as we started to walk into the theatre.
...
By the end of the movie my head was on Riley's chest and he had his arm around me. "That was sad," I mumbled as the credits started to roll.
"You started to cry the minute the movie started," Riley joked before standing up.
"You cried...slightly too," I argued.
"I cried when the characters started to die... Not when it showed the movie title!" we both laughed. I looked up at him from our position; I had my arm around his waist while his arm was still around my neck.
"What do you want to do next?" I asked him as we walked towards the car.
"Don't you worry your pretty little mind, I've got the hold day planned out," He replied looking proud of himself.
"Should I be worried?" I joked. He jokingly glared at me before starting to drive out of the parking lot. "So, what have you and the guys got planned for this week?"
"Well... Were doing that photo-shoot on Tuesday. You have to come, I can't cope on my own with them, they tag team on me," he pleaded. I laughed quietly.
"I'll go... There not that bad are they?" The look he gave answered that question...
"Bowling?" I asked excitedly as we drove into the parking lot.
"Yep," he answered before getting out of the car. I laughed at myself slightly, I was so nervous for today and we were just doing the things we normally do.
...
"If Emma gets a strike, she will only lose by 20 points," Riley jokingly shouted over the music using his straw as a fake microphone.
"Shut up jerk," I laughed. I walked up to the line and threw the bowling ball. I managed to somehow get a strike; I did a fake happy dance.
"You still lost," Riley replied laughing.
"Yes, but that's the first strike I've gotten today," I replied.
"In that case, well done," he said before spinning me around. "Now, the serious business... What do I get for winning?" He made a weird movement with his eyebrows.
I pretended to look at him in concentration for a moment. "Pride?" he jokingly glared at me. "Hey, you beat your girlfriend/best friend without cheating, take the pride," I joked. He smiled before picking up our things.
"So what are we doing now?" I asked when we got back into the car. He laughed evilly; I rolled my eyes slightly before smiling.
"Well, we've done the things we normally do as best friends, so from now until the end of the date were actually going to act like we're dating," he replied turning to smile at me.
"Oh no, what are we doing?" I asked him pretending to be scared. He pocked his tongue out at me before turning back to look at the road.
Five minutes later we pulled up in a parking space near the beach. While I was still looking out at the water my door opened. I jumped in fright before turning to see Riley standing there trying not to laugh. He grabbed my hand and helped me out of the car before walking towards a restaurant that was on the bay.
When we got in the restaurant we went and sat in a booth in the corner. "It's really nice here, we should come here more often," Riley commented looking around the room.
"How did you even know about this place? I've never even noticed it before," I asked looking at the menu that was in-between us.
"Connor suggested it," he replied laughing slightly. I shook my head.
"At least he was nice and didn't suggest somewhere horrible," I joked.
"So, what do you want?"
"Umm, burger and chips."
"I'm going to have the same. Do you want to share a milkshake? I don't think my stomach can handle a whole one." We swapped a sickly look before laughing.
"I feel sick at the thought of it." I leaned back in my seat and stretched my legs out to rest in the middle of Riley's. He looked up and smiled before closing his legs so they we're wrapped around mine. Before either of us could make a joke about it or laugh, a waitress walked over to take our order.
By the time we had finished eating we were both sat quietly while holding our stomachs. "That was a lot of food," I moaned. Riley nodded slightly before trying to sit up.
"No... Moving makes me feel sick," he complained before staying still again.
"Well, you shouldn't have tried eating dessert even when you complained you were full."
"But the chocolate cake looked so tempting... And you ate some of it, so don't be a hypocrite!" I looked down at the table before laughing. “Okay, let’s go before I throw up from the smell of the food here.”
Five minutes later we were walking along the beach finally back to normal. “This is romantic in movies...but in reality all you get is sand in your shoes,” I moaned.
Riley laughed slightly before sweeping me in his arms. “It’s just the shoes you’ve got on, there’s no sand in my shoes,” He replied cockily.
“Good for you,” I moaned resting my head against his shoulders. “Aren’t your arms getting tired?”
“Nope, my exercise is carrying you all the time.” I poked his cheek; he pretended to bite it before spinning around.
...
“Here we are Madam,” Riley joked as we stood in front of my front door.
“Thank you for today Riles,” I told him pulling him in for a hug.
“You’re welcome,” He replied before leaning in to kiss me.
About a minute later the front door opened to show a smirking Braiden and Thomas. “You’ve been making out long enough, get in before you catch a cold Emma-Bear,” Thomas joked as Braiden laughed.
“I’ll see you soon,” Riley commented kissing my forehead before saying goodbye to the others.
“Remind your brother about our plans!” Braiden shouted over to Riley.
“See you guys,” Thomas commented before running towards his car.
“Good,” I replied hitting his face lightly with the flowers Riley had bought.
“Your smile suggests that it was better,” Braiden commented raising his eyebrows. I smiled before rushing off.
...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that has commented, added the story to their subscriptions etc!