A Tour with Before You Exit

Home

"I can't believe the tour's over already," Connor commented as we all gathered any items in the front area of the van that was ours.

"I know but we've got lots of things to look forward to now right?" Thomas replied as he chucked a shoe into his bunk from across the room, he ended up missing and had to walk over to put it into his bunk.

"Yeah" Bradien and Riley interrupted at the same time making them look at each other and laugh.

After a few minutes silence all of the items were in our hands so we walked towards our bunks to pack them ready to go back home. Me and Riley spoke about all of the events that had happened last night while packing. When I was finished, I looked over and saw Riley was only halfway through packing away all of his things. I rolled my eyes and moved to help him, he grinned at me before carrying on folding his clothes.

"You're still going to be with us when we get back right? I mean during band practice and everything" Riley asked looking at me. I briefly looked back at him before carrying on folding his clothes.

"Yeah, if you guys don't mind me there, I don't want to be a burden" I commented quietly. He stopped packing for a moment to look over towards me shocked.

"You really think that? Em we would never!" He explained still looking at me shocked making me feel slightly guilty for saying that.

"Thanks" I mumbled while smiling at him, I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss, when I went to pull back he leaned forward making us connected again, I smiled into the kiss before pulling back. "We can't get distracted; look how much you've got left to pack!" He laughed slightly before carrying on.

When I looked down I blushed automatically seeing that I had picked up one of his boxer shorts, I quickly put it in his suitcase and glanced at him to see if he had noticed, he was too busy trying to fold his skinny jeans...Thank God.

When we were finally done we made sure all of our stuff was together before walking to the front area of the van, I was honestly surprised to see that the others had finished packing and were sitting down having a conversation. I had expected to walk in and be forced to help them finish.

"Yeah that's right, we finished packing," Thomas commented smugly when he saw the look of shock on my face.

"Okay, I'll admit it, I'm proud... and completely shocked," I replied, I laughed when I saw all the grins on their faces.

...

"So what's the first thing you guys are going to do when you get home?" Braiden asked us all breaking the silence. We were about a fifteen minute drive away from the McDonough household where we were being dropped off.

"Sleep" Thomas replied brightly.

"Sleep sounds pretty good" Riley agreed.

"I'm going into hibernation" Braiden commented making us all laugh.

"So, when should we agree to have the next band meeting so we can discuss what we're doing next week?" Connor inputted looking at each of them while I sat there quietly watching them.

"I need a few days rest, so maybe Monday?" Thomas suggested.

"Monday sounds good" Braiden agreed.

...

"Home!" Connor shouted as he got off the van. We all laughed at him and carried our stuff off quickly. After two journeys I had all my stuff off the van. Before I could go back inside to help the others, I saw Mrs McDonough walk towards me. I smiled brightly at her and let her pull me into a hug; she had always been like a second mother to me alongside Thomas' mum.

"Did you have a nice time dear? I didn't see you much when we visited" She said as the others got off the van.

"Yeah, it was amazing, it went by so quickly though..." I replied.

"Well, I'd offer you all to come inside but your all probably excited to get home now" She addressed the group smiling, making Braiden and Thomas smile and hug her quickly.

"So even were not allowed in the house?" Riley joked making her roll her eyes before walking back into the house as we said our goodbyes.

"See you in a few days Emma Bear" Thomas told me as he pulled me into a quick hug. He gave us a quick wave goodbye before jumping into his parent's car who had just arrived. They all gave us a quick wave before driving off.

"See you soon Emma" Connor said as he pulled me into a hug before moving to say goodbye to Braiden.

Riley smiled at me and held his arms open signalling for a hug, I smiled and moved into him wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'll see you in a few days then..." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I'll ring you tonight, okay?"He replied making me nod. He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before walking up to his house waving at us the whole walk. I laughed and turned to Braiden who was also laughing at him.

"You ready to go? I've got my keys back off Mrs McDonough, the cars in the garage" Braiden explained before picking up his stuff and walking towards the car with me following him.

...

When we reached our house the drive was empty showing that our parents weren't in. This was a new low for even them... we'd been away for a month and they couldn't find a way to be home to see us.

After Braiden walked through the door, I dumped my stuff on the sofa before following him to the kitchen. He was standing with his back to me looking at the fridge with his hands in his pockets. He turned around and gave me a sympathetic smile before pulling me into a quick hug. Once he had let go he walked back out off the room, I heard him quickly gathering his stuff before walking upstairs.

I looked over at the fridge and saw a blue sticky notes held on with a magnet. I walked over slowly unsure whether to read it or not.

Braiden and Emma,

We received an important call yesterday from work; we were chosen to go on the business trip to Rome. We couldn't pass the opportunity seen as it will help the company and will show our boss we are committed to our job, we could even earn a promotion from this. We'll be back in a fortnight. There's money on the cabinet for food, look after the house.

Mum and Dad.

I sighed and walk over to gather all my things, When I got upstairs it was all quiet so I guessed Braiden had already gone back to sleep. I decided to unpack everything now seen as I weren't tired enough to go to sleep.

After an hour of sorting all my clothes into clean and dirty piles and putting everything else away, the lack of sleep was starting to catch up on me. I defiantly needed a shower first seen as the shower on the van didn't allow you to clean properly.

After showering, I changed into my pyjamas and headed straight to my bed before I could get distracted and end up doing something else. I ended up not falling asleep and thinking about my parents. They were never here for us; it was always Braiden I depended on. I don't think he really knows how much I appreciate everything he's done for me. All my childhood memories were of him, even these days the best days I had were with him.

After five minutes I was up and out of my bed and was sitting on my bedroom floor with my guitar leaning on my knee and my diary and a pen on the floor, I was going to remind Braiden how important he was to me in the best way I could describe my words.

...

After ten minutes of silently listening to Braiden walking about downstairs, I got the courage to go and play him the song I had written for him.

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" Braiden asked as I reached the bottom steps not bothering to turn around to look at me.

"No thanks..." I replied while swinging my guitar nervously. "Umm, do you mind if I play you a song?"

"I get to hear another one?" He replied grinning at me once he had turned around. I nodded and smiled watching him quickly sit down on the sofa and turn sideways to look at me as I sat down. "So... is this one about Riley too?"

"No... It's actually about you" I replied and started playing before he could reply.

I'm five years old,It's getting cold I've got my big coat on,
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you I run and run,
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides look now the sky is gold,
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home.

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall,
I know you're not scared of anything at all,
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away,
But I know I had the best day with you today.

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean,
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys,
and we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away,
and we Sing and talk till I forgot all their names.

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school,
but I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you,
don't know how long it's gonna take to feel ok,
But I know I had the best day with you today.

I have four excellent best friends;Their strength is making me stronger.
God smiles on our little Toby, inside and out he's better than I am.
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run, and I had the best days with you.

there is a video I found from back when I was three,
Our parents set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me,
it's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs,
You're not only smart but you're the coolest brother in the whole wide world.

now I know why all the trees change in the fall,
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong,
and I love you for giving me your eyes,
staying back and watching me shine and I didn't know if you knew,
so I'm taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today.

"Em..." Briaden said, I looked up and saw him smiling with tears in his eyes. He moved the guitar and pulled me into a hug, he didn't even awkwardly let go after a few seconds either. "That's my favourite song in the whole world, and not to be cheesy but I had the best days with you too."

I smiled at him quickly for putting my guitar down and wiping away tears that were falling from my eyes.

"You've got a talent little sis, you need to put your stuff on YouTube, just film a song with us if you're that nervous..."

"Okay, I'll think about it..." I replied quickly but regretted it once it was out. Braiden grinned before turning away and started texting someone on his phone, I had a weird suspicion that he was already telling the others I had half agreed the film a song with them.

...

At about eleven o'clock I tuned my phone off after speaking with Riley for two hours. Even though we were now going out we had still managed to have the weird, random conversations that we've been having nearly every night since we both had phones.

Talking to him had cheered me up and fell asleep quickly with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is The Best Day by Taylor Swift