Status: One Shot

Sparks Will Fly

It Doesn't Take Much To Start A Fire

The final presents laid on the tree's skirt, completely untouched. I was so excited for this one, I had refused to even shake it, or try to figure out what it was. Nate had brought his over to my house last night, and we both sat on the floor, trying to decipher it's contents. Neither of us had any kind of idea what they were. We hadn't asked for anything big this year, we were thirteen, (well Nate is, I almost am) and thirteen year olds don't ask for anything because they know better. But we were still young enough to know that our parents would save the most important present for last.

And at this very moment, my fingers were sliding along the tiny piece of tape that held my present from me. Nate's green eyes sparkled as they caught mine, both of us grinning with pleasure.

"Alright kids, you can open them now," his mother said, stepping back, as if she had commanded the bomb squad to pull the trigger.

I hesitated, before pulling open the wrapping. Nate's eyes had fallen down to his gift, and together, we opened our destiny.

In my hands, a box sparkled that new gleam, and inside, there was a similar sparkle. The sparkle came from tiny golden rings that lined a drum in the middle. I was holding a brand-spanking-new tambourine.

My head raised up to my parents, and I jumped to my feet, clutching my preteen arms around them.

"I love it! I love it so much," I gushed. Just as I released from their grasp, I remembered my best friend had also received something. My neck twisted to look at him, and I giggled at the sight of him.

Nate was sitting on my living room floor, gazing at the guitar in his lap. I could understand why. Nate's dad played guitar, and was a total fanatic. He had taught us all we knew about music, and at 13, we were pretty knowledgable. We could both see a good guitar, and I can tell you that this was a real gem. It's green body, the long neck, brand new strings, it was Nate's dream guitar. I walked over to him, and plopped myself down sitting next to him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it Ari?"

"Stunning," I replied with a grin. He was looking away from it for the first time to smile at me.

"What did you get?" his voice was quiet, as if he might ruin the surprise.

I pointed down towards my box, which I was fumbling to open. He grinned again, this time revealing his pearly whites, and a gap between his molars.

"We know you guys like to jam out, so we made sure Arianna wasn't just singing like usual," Nate's dad, Jackson declared, grinning larger than both of us.

"Well, now you can sing, and play. That was the idea," My dad added.

I turned to look at my best friend in the world, and he did the same. Our smirks proved that this was the start of something. A burning fire in our soul that now that the material to burn off of.

Little did we know, this fire was strong enough to catch across the country, and spread much farther than either of us had ever imagined. We would burn brighter than a shooting star.

"What song do you wanna play first?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so a few things.
1. This is a one shot leading towards my first original story. It'll either come in 9 chapters of the john story, or right away. I'm not sure.
2. I know that I am using my own name, and that's cheesy, but this was originally a dream I had, and lead to me daydreaming up all this shit.
3. I know it's short but it's just an idea starter, like a glimpse into the past.

So anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this, I'm really excited to show you what I've dreamt up.
<3 La la la love.