A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 6

The next four weeks I spent every day with Frank and the boys. I would watch them practice and cook them food when they were done. We would watch old horror movies in my basement and get drunk in Gerard’s basement. In just four weeks I grew close to each one. I had something called “bonding day” where I would just hang out with one of the boys only. This helped to get to know each of them better. I already bonded with Ray, Bob and Mikey. Today was my bonding day with Gerard.

“Finally! It’s my turn!” Gerard yelled as he opened the door to let me in his house, engulfing me in a bear hug.

“Gerard I can’t breathe!” I gasped between each word. He let go of me and held my hand leading me to his room. As we got there Mikey came out of his room.

“Hey Anna Bell.” Mikey said giving me a hug. Every one of the boys called me something different. Frank called me Rose, Ray called me Annie, Bob called me Anna Banana, Mikey called me Anna Bell and Gerard called me Bella.

“Hey Mikey! I miss you!” I said hugging him back.

“I miss you too.” He said letting go of me.

“Hey! It’s my bonding day so back off!” Gerard said pulling me close to his chest. I laughed shaking my head and said bye to Mikey. I took off my boots and sat on Gerard’s bed. He joined me shortly sitting against the headboard and pulling me onto his lap leaning against his chest. Ever since we first met at his house, Gerard had always been flirty and touchy with me. We hadn’t done anything and I wasn’t planning to with him or any of the other boys. I wasn’t ready to get into another relationship like that right now. It’s just fun to have someone to flirt with and make sexual remarks to.

“So how are you my Bella?” Gerard asked nuzzling his face into my neck.

“Pretty well Gee. How are you?” I asked playing with his long black hair.

“Better now that you are here.” He said kissing my neck softly.

“Yay, that makes me happy.” I said giggling. He kissed my neck again before lifting his head and turning me. I was now straddling him.

“So I was thinking of taking you to my favorite place to be at tonight.” He said hugging my waist tightly, our faces inches away. I wouldn’t be able to tell you how many times I’ve been in this situation where Gerard seems to almost kiss me.

“Oooo I can’t wait. What shall we do until then?” I asked touching his forehead with mine. I loved teasing him.

“I have an idea.” He said softly laying me down on his bed with him still on top of me. I giggled as he kissed my nose.

“You have to buy me dinner first before you could do that Mr. Way.” I said moving his hands away from the bottom of my shirt.

He jokingly groaned, “Fine.” He got up from on top of me and walked to his desk. “I have something I want to show you.”

I got up fixing my shirt and asked, “What?”

“Some photographs I took a couple days ago.” On the desk lay many black and white pictures. Most of them were of grave yards and the boys. I looked through all of them, smiling here and there when I saw a funny picture of one of the boys.

I stopped and stared at one picture for a while. It was a picture that Gerard’s mom took of all of us together. I had just finished baking the boys some chocolate chip cookies at Gerard’s house. Frank was helping me put away all the ingredients when he got an evil idea and threw flour at my face. Before I knew it all the boys were in the kitchen having a flour fight. We were covered head to toe in flour. Mrs. Way came home in the middle of it, mad at first but laughed at how silly we all looked. She grabbed Gerard’s camera and told us to get together for a photo. Just as she was about to take the picture Frank kissed me on the cheek. I remember feeling my stomach fill with butterflies.

“That day was fun.” Gerard said smiling.

“Yeah but such a bitch to clean up.” I said laughing.

“Hey it was worth it! Those cookies were so good too. Make some soon?” Gerard asked.

“Of course.” I said still looking at the picture in deep thought. It made me happy.

“Do you want it?” Gerard asked snapping me out of my daze.

“No it’s your photo.” I said putting it back down.

“No, I want you to have it. It’s my gift to you.” Gerard said picking up the photo.

“Thanks Gee. I’ll keep it close to my heart all the time.” I said taking it from his hands and kissing him on the cheek. He smiled sweetly at me. I put the photo in my bag and sat on Gerard’s bed again. For the rest of the day watched vampire movies. When it got dark we started to get ready to go out to where Gerard wanted to take me. As I was putting my shoes on, my phone rang. I picked up without looking.

“Hello?” I asked lacing up my boots.

“Hey Rose.” Frank said softly. My heart melts a little every time I hear him say my name.

“Hey Frankie! What’s up?”

“Are you home?”

“No I’m at Gerard’s house. Don’t you remember it was my bonding day with him?”

“Oh right… I forgot. Sorry.” He said mumbling.

I laughed softly, “Its ok. Is everything ok?”

“Yeah just wanted to see you.” He said almost whispering. I blushed.

“I’m sorry, I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?”

“Yeah, ok. Bye.” He hung up before I could say bye. I knew something was wrong. Gerard looked at me and I told him everything was fine. As we were leaving his room I told Gerard I’d meet him outside. He nodded and walked down the hall. I knocked on Mikey’s door and he opened it smiling as he saw me.

“Can you do me a favor?” I asked before he could even say hi.

“What is it?” He asked confused.

“Can you go to Frank’s house and check up on him? He just called me and I’m worried about him. Just don’t tell him I sent you.”

“Yeah sure, I’ll get ready now and go down there.”

“Thanks Mikey. I owe you one.” I said kissing him on the cheek. He blushed and I waved goodbye to him. I stepped outside to the cool New Jersey air. Fall was just around the corner which also meant school. Ugh.

I smiled at Gerard as he held out his hand for me to take. We walked in silence holding hands to wherever this place of his was. Once we reached the place he covered my eyes with his hands. I trusted him and let him lead me the way. After a few almost falls and bumping into stuff, we finally arrived. He counted to three and removed his hands. I opened my eyes and was speechless.

We were standing on a hill top overlooking a grave yard. The moon light hit every tombstone so beautifully. I smiled at Gerard happy to be able to see this. He pulled my hand and lead me off to the side were he sat down on a grassy area. I sat down as he pulled out a brown paper bag from his jacket. I smiled knowing what it was.

We got drunk and talked while looking at the stars. He told me about his childhood and family. How much he loves being Mikey’s older brother. School and how alone he would feel sometimes. I assured him that he would never feel alone now that I was here. He just smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek. As we were talking about music, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and almost screamed. I stood up quickly trying not to fall.

“Frank?” Gerard asked. I shook my head before answering.

“Natasha!!” I screamed into the phone.

“Bella Donna!” Screamed Natasha.

“Oh my God, I’ve missed you! How are you?” I asked slurring my words a bit.

“Very well and it sounds like you’re doing well too. Drinking much?” She said laughing.

“Oh yeah, I’m just a little drunk.” I said laughing.

“Oh? With who? A new boy toy?” She asked flirtatious.

“No, just a friend.” I said shaking my head. “Which reminds me, how are the boys?”

“Oh dead.” She said seriously but then started to laugh. “Just kidding! Seems like they are since they’re so depressed and can’t live without you.”

I frowned missing my family. I wanted to cry but I just smiled trying not to let it get me down. “Tell them to man up and stop being bitches!”

I could hear Natasha laughing loudly and trying to catch her breath. Still laughing she said, “Oh I will.”

“Good. Tell them I miss and love them so much... And to stop being stubborn kids and call me!” I said laughing.

“Ok I will. I love you Bella Donna!”

“I love you too Nat Nat!” I hung up and sighed. I could feel the tears coming back but I sucked it in not wanting Gerard to see me like this. I turned around and sat back down next to Gerard.

“What was that?” Gerard asked laughing.

“I’m sorry; I just had to take that call. It was my best friend Natasha back in Utah. I haven’t heard from her in a while.” I said a bit sad.

“No I understand, don’t worry about it.” He said rubbing my back. After a moment he spoke again. “But I couldn’t help hearing about some boys?”

I laughed. “Yeah my family back in Utah. My family is Natasha and my four boys. You guy’s remind me so much of them. All crazy and free spirited.”

“Oh really? So there’s someone like me in Utah?” He asked rising his eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, you have no idea.” I said laughing.

“I hope to meet him one day.”

“I hope so too.” I said smiling at the thought. We decided to call it a day and go home. Gerard walked me home, holding me closely to him so I could be warm. He walked me to my front door.

“Thank you Gerard for such an awesome day. I’m glad you showed me your favorite place. It really is something beautiful.” I said hugging him and letting him hold me.

“No problem. You are the only person I wanted to share that with so it was my pleasure. Goodnight Bella.” He said lifting my head to look at him and kissing my lips softly. I was just a small peck and it was nice. No butterflies or sparks. Not like Frank.

“Goodnight Gerard.” I said as he let me go and I went inside. I went to my room and got changed. I texted Mikey asking how it went with frank. A minute later I got a reply.

‘Alright… Just talk to him tomorrow. Can’t really tell you anything. You have to hear it from him.’ I was confused at what he said but replied anyway.

‘Ok thanks Mikey! <3’

‘Np. U owe me big time (; ‘

‘lol I know. night night Mikey’

‘Sweet dreams Anna Bell.’ With that I went to bed thinking about Frank.