Status: Active :D

Silent Promises

Chapter Two

"Did you see the new girl?" I am asked for the thousandth time in first period.I mumble a "yeah," and tune them out. Of course I'd seen her. She looked like a scared little rabbit in the lion's den, but I couldn't help but think that as our eyes had met, she seemed a little...calmer? That or I'm loosing my mind. Either way I couldn't wait to see her again.

"Mr. Draker, would you care to join the class and show everyone how you got your answer for question fifteen?" Coach Greene asks. Who puts a coach as the Algebra teacher? Seriously, who does that? Math and sports do not go hand in hand.

I stand and walk up to the board with the paper holding my questions and answers and copy down what I had written. It is a simple problem and I am done in about thirty seconds. I wait for him to approve of my answer before taking my seat.

"Does anyone see a way Neon could have shortened the process he took?" There is no answer, only the occasional whisper of a 'new chick'. Coach Greene smiled, "Very good." He continues onto the next problem and victim.

The rest of the class goes by swiftly and I continue on to Photography. I am surprised to find the girl from this morning standing at the front of the room, arms wrapped around her waist and eyes downcast. She looks up as if she felt me staring her. Her light blue eyes widen slightly and I make haste to my seat. I do not look back up until the bell rings and she has taken her seat somewhere behind me. I can't see her but I feel her eyes on me.

"Neon, were you able to get the pictures you needed? Mrs. Crawfield asks. She had asked me to photograph the entire Homecoming festival. Or at least as much of it as I could. They were on a flash drive I had bought specifically for this purpose.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"I'll expect them at the end of class." She glances around the room and smiles. "We have a new addition to our family. Charlotte, please stand and say 'hello.'" I look behind me to see the new girl--Charlotte--stand and give a slight wave. "Is there anything you wish to say about yourself?" She gives a shy smile and shakes her head quickly before taking her seat and hiding behind her dark blonde hair.

Not once did she talk during what is sure to be one of the most embarrassing moments she will ever have in this class. I am sensing something behind that but it was probably just first day nerves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh, it's kinda short but I at least hope you enjoyed it! Please comment and let us know if there are any mistakes! I'll try to make longer chapters as this story progresses.

-Jaye