Status: Active :D

Silent Promises

Chapter Four

"Charlotte?" I asked quietly. I don't want to scare her any more than I think I already have. I don't know what is happening, but I do know I want to find out. I just don't know how. She is crying and sounds as if she is having an asthma attack. I have no idea what to do in these kinds of situations. "Charlotte, what's going on? What happened?"

She begins to shake her head frantically, her light eyes dart around as if someone is listening. Still, I have no idea what to do. There is no one around but us and she isn't speaking. "Who is it?" The tears flowing down her rosy cheeks begin to flow faster. Touchy subject apparently.

she starts making shushing motions and tapping her hears. I feel stupid for not thinking about whether or not she is a mute. I feel bad for her, not being able to talk. School must have been hell for her to go through. "I'm such an ass." I mutter, but apparently I did not say it very quietly if the look she gives me is any indicator.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize immediately. "I did not mean to say that at all! Look, we're alone. Do youwant me to prove that to you?" She looks doubtful but shake her head. "So, do you want to talk about what just went down? 'Cause I'm sure as hell confused." I am not exactly sure that was the thing to say with the pained expression she gives me.

"You want to get some ice cream?" Exactly why I just offered to get Charlotte ice cream baffles me but then again ice cream does make everything better. I say as much just to prove my point. She just stares at me confused and I can't pull my eyes from her. The song I put a spell on you comes to mind during this moment and I think that somehow, she may have. I have never offered a girl ice cream. Besides maybe Hannah but then again she's five and my baby sister so she doesn't exactly count...
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow... Epic shortness.... I'm sorry! Don't kill me please!

I thank everyone that has subscribed and to our lovely commenter MorgieLuvs!!