Status: Active :D

Silent Promises

Chapter Seven;

The car ride home wasn’t that eventful, but for me…it really was. I felt, just for a moment, like a normal person for a moment while he was talking about different things. Actually, he was mostly asking me questions, trying to get to know me.
After I realised that, I got a bit scared.
We arrived at my house, only for me to see a car I didn’t particularly want to see. I sat there, staring at it, until Neon reached out and touched my hand. I jumped, my breathing becoming quick.
‘Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you, is something wrong?’ I nodded, and nodded again. I knew he wasn’t trying to scare me. I’m just on edge now that I see that car here. I got out the pen again and wrote on his arm.
“Please don’t leave me just yet.” He smiled. His smile was infectious, but at that point, I really couldn’t. I just didn’t want to go in there alone. He got the picture and quickly got out of his car, running to my side of the door and opening it for me.
He held out his hand again. This time, I only hesitated for a second. He noticed that, I held onto my hand for a second longer than last time. Instead of worrying about what was inside, Neon had distracted me enough to forget for a minute.
As we walked to my door, and then inside, Neon noticed a uniformed police officer in the lounge room, standing next to an older man, I didn’t want to go any further inside.
‘Hello Charlotte, how have you been?’ Michael, the police officer, asked me gently. I nodded; I didn’t know what else to do. The man next to Michael was staring at Neon in anger, seeing the words over his arms and the protective stance he was taking.
I took a step in front of Neon, trying to hide him. No way was anything happening to Neon, he’s the only one who seems to understand that I will not talk, and that will not change.
‘Who’s that.’ The man next to Michael asked gruffly. I shook my head, fiercely. Neon noticed this, and said nothing. I was glad he didn’t say his name.
‘That’s no way to talk to your daughter Jim.’ Michael growled at my father, making him remember why he was here. Yearly visit, never wanted it, never cherished it, wished it would end as soon as it started.
My mother was sitting on the couch, looking at her former husband in hate, that’s all she ever did, unless he said something rude to either of us, then she yelled. My mother has never gotten over what he did. Neither have I.
‘Sorry Michael. Darling, who is your friend?’ My father asked me gently. I shook my head again, turning around, and with a sudden strength that was from adrenaline, I pushed him upstairs into my room, closed the door, and came running back down.
Nothing was going to happen to Neon.
‘You little…’ He trailed off when Michael coughed. I shook with fear, a flashback taking me back to that day. I pushed it away, pleading at myself not to break down in front of my father. I didn’t want him to know.
It was the hardest I had ever tried to push away a memory that overtakes me, it barely worked, I still had images, but they weren’t full on memories. My mother came and stood next to me, holding my hand in hers, feeling my fear.
‘I think it’s time this visit ended.’ Michael said, proceeding to tighten my fathers handcuffs and lead him outside, saying his gentle goodbyes to us broken women.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, my computer with all my writing on it got taken away and it threw me for a bit there, but it's back noww :)
Hope you like it !

-Thinkingofmyangel