Status: Active :D

Silent Promises

Explanations

I looked at the stairs once my father and Michael had left.
'You made a friend love?' Mum asked with a small smile on her face. I bit my lip and signed to her that I wasn't sure. She simply smiled and told me to go upstairs.
I shivered at the room before slowly climbing the stairs. I wasn't sure whether I should be trying to explain anything to him or what I should do. I couldn't just leave him wondering, however I didn't want to lie.
I stopped mid stride as the flashback I pushed aside before came back full force.

~~~~
Evil laughing. My fathers room making noises. Mum was out getting stuff for dinner. There was a car I had never seen before out the front.
I was angry.
'Dad, what are you doing in there I'm trying to do my homework!' I yelled, opening the door to find him with a tied up women on my mums bed.
He got up and walked towards me, his eyes ablaze with anger. I was frozen solid. The punch to the throat I got almost stopped my airflow...

~~~~

I saw green eyes as I opened mine, still frozen in the middle of the stairs.
'Charlotte?' His voice calmed me down from the fear and anger I felt. 'Are you alright Charlotte?' He asked, obviously concerned. He took my hands and led me up the stairs, obviously feeling unsafe or something.
I nodded quickly, that memory not as bad as the others.
'Come sit down.' He led me to my bed, and I felt very...right in that moment.
Which brought on the feelings of utter terror. I just couldn't....I just couldn't let him get hurt like Jacob! It was tearing me apart! I couldn't contain it anymore! I just wanted to scream!
Neon's eyes seemed to latch onto my frustration and he put his arm on my lower back, pulling him into a hug with him. I froze.
I couldn't move if I wanted to.
'Charlotte it is okay. Stop worrying, I'll protect you.' He didn't know what he was talking about though. He didn't know anything. He couldn't protect me from anything. No one can.
I pulled out my pen and wrote slowly on his arm.
'Please never say that you will protect me. Protect yourself, and only yourself.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Man it's been ages since we've written for this. I love this story.

-thinkingofmyangel