Me or Him?

Chapter Eight

Patrick Kane's Point of View

"What are you playing at?" Tazer said after he burst into my house that night.

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought we said that we weren't going to fight over this girl anymore!"

"Who's fighting?"

"After everything that's happened you still try to impress her?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You saved her job, she was going to get fired if she didn't have a good article."

"I didn't know, i just knew she was a journalist."

"Well now she's probably totally in love with you because you saved her job, so there you go, taking her away from me again."

"John, she's not a piece of meat." At that he got silent. This was so weird! Usually it was me treating girls like that, John must really like her.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me."

"And I didn't do it for her job, I did it so you could see her again."

"Shit, I was so mad about you trying to impress her that I didn't even ask her out again!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carmon's Point Of View>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was literally shaking when I turned my article into Mr. Madison, there was no way he could turn it down.

"Here you go Mr. Madison I hope you like it." He took the papers from me and started skimming them.

"Who do you think you are?" he yelled. "Trying to upstage Danny."

"But Danny only wrote the score, I was only going into depth, besides I got an exclusive interview with Jonathan Toews."

"I don't care if you got an interview with the captain of the team!" I guess he wasn't a 'Hawks fan. "You're out of here Edison."

"What!? Mr. Madison! You can't do that! That article is great!"

"I run this paper so I can put whatever I want in it, and I don't want you to be in it, so goodbye Edison, I want your desk clear by tonight." All I had on my desk was a couple of picture, I grabbed them ran home and cried. Thankfully it was my dad who found me first.

"He fired you?! That article was great! We must send it in to other papers, they'll pick you up in a second!"

"What's the point?" I sobbed. "Once mom finds out she's going to flip, she'll never let me work in journalism again!"

"Don't you think you're too old to be listening to your mother?" This made me smile. "Okay dad, I'll send it in." As he left the room my phone went off. It was from a number I didn't recognize.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, Carmon?"

"This is her"

"Hi, this is Jonathan Toews."

"Jonathan! Hi! How are you!" My heart was going insane!

"I'm great, I got your number from Pat, I hope you don't mind. I was just wondering how that article went." My heart dropped down to my feet.

"Uhhh...he fired me..."

"WHAT? NO! Carmon!" Jonathan sounded flabbergasted.

"He was such a jerk anyway, why would I want to work for that?"

"Send me a copy of your article, I'm going to help you out."

"Oh Jonathan, you don't have to do that."

"I insist."

"Oh thank you! How could I ever repay you?"

"Go on a date with me."

"Yes Jonathan, I was certainly go on a date with you."