Simply Genius

Three

Seconds after Ben left to get the shower, I realised that it was actually the first day of a normal high school life. I started freaking out. I grabbed my pen and journal, writing down everything I was feeling, even the safety of Ben’s arms.
I have always written down what has happened and how I have felt about it every day, ever since people started noticing we were way above average. Somehow, it has comforted me to know that no one will find these thoughts. I don’t let anyone read it.
After I squiggled down my thoughts, I ran to the shower and got dressed. I never liked Ben waiting for me, even if it was only for five minutes. I felt like Ben and I should just be equal, as we always are.
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever have normal teenage moments.
I wondered downstairs to grab an apple for breakfast, having Dianne fuss over me for a few moments before running out for work. She’s always late, because she always likes to see at least one of us before we go to school. I love her for it; somehow it makes the feeling of having no parents disappear.
Ben appeared, being sweet as usual. Somehow, it made me happy that he liked how I looked. It was a different happy from normal though. What is wrong with me? He’s my best friend, my only family. I think I’m finally going crazy. If not, I don’t know what is wrong with me.
The drive to school was filled with old fashioned music and metal. It was a weird combination, but we both liked that kind of music. A few times, Ben threw me his adorable smile and I felt that happy feeling coming on again.
He just looked so perfect today.
Alright that’s it, I need to go to a psychiatrist.
That, or it’s just my over worked nerves because we were driving into our new school. Ben reached over to hold my hand as we sat in a parking space as far from the entrance of school as possible. Is it just me, or are my senses deceiving me? It feels like he doesn't want to let go. I don’t want to let go either.
I am almost certain I am going insane now; it wouldn’t be surprising, having the mental capacity that I have.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you love it ? Please comment ! :)
Love you all.

-Thinkingofmyangel