Simply Genius

Writing & Jason

I watched for a moment as Ben walked off with Sam, glad he seemed to have made a friend. I walked slowly down the hallway by myself before finding my classroom. Writer’s workshop was probably my favourite class out of all, besides maths.
There was just something so soothing about writing about other peoples lives, even if they were made up. I sat down near the middle of the class, somewhat worried about being by myself. That is, before someone sat down next to me who was very familiar.
‘Hey Lexi, didn’t think a brain like you would be into writing.’ Jason smiled at me, making me slightly less uncomfortable about not being with Ben. Except, him calling me Lexi put me off a bit, Ben was usually the only one to call me that.
‘I love writing, it’s very calming.’ I told him, returning him smile softly. His eyes bore into mine before beaming.
‘Well you’ve come just in time then, we’re doing joint writing and you are my partner.’ I was surprised, how did he know I was his partner? The class hadn’t even started yet. Though, they were two weeks into the semester.
‘How do you know that?’ His smile widened.
‘I’m psychic, didn’t you know?’ I laughed along with him, shaking my head. ‘The teacher talked to me before class seeing as I was away when they made partners. We’re supposed to do it in our own time, class is usually for theory.’ I nodded, that made sense.
‘Well I’m glad, your company is fun.’ I laughed and his smile grew.
‘How about tonight? We can go to Lenny’s and get some food.’ I thought about it for a moment, Ben flitting across my mind before I agreed. He wouldn’t mind, he probably has something to do anyway.
This was going to be my favourite class without Ben in it, I was sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love it ? Tell us :)
-Thinkingofmyangel