Status: Updating as much as possible ((:

'Til Death Do Us Part

Encounter With a ***

The alarm clock flashed 11 o’clock when I finally woke up, only for me to realize that I was alone once again. Jimmy must have gotten up earlier to go to the studio. I was so used to him leaving early in the mornings that I no longer woke up when he left. The guys were working on their self-entitled album, and for the past few weeks, they did nothing but work their tail ends off. I’m not complaining about it, but I sure did miss waking up to Jimmy holding me.

After lying in bed for a little bit, I got up to take a shower. I got in, cleaned up, and got out in a matter of 45 minutes. With a towel around my body and one on my head holding my wet hair, I went in search for some clothes. I grabbed a pair of red lacy boy shorts from my lingerie drawer and slid them up my legs, pulling the matching bra on to cover and push up my already big boobs. Feelings somewhat daring, I decided to throw on a cropped tank with some low-rise jeans and a pair of heels.

I ran a brush through my hair, letting it fall where it may afterwards. A swipe of grey eye shadow topped with black eyeliner and mascara adorned my eyes along with clear lip-gloss to make my lips shine.

I messed with my diamond necklace, a Christmas gift from Jimmy, making sure it hung elegantly to just above my cleavage.

Looking in the mirror, I admired the way my top stopped just short of my bellybutton, displaying my silver piercing. Noticing my head was bare; I found my black fedora and put it on. I adjusted my outfit in all the needed areas, made sure my bra was hidden well, and then pulled a black studded belt through the loops of my jeans. Once satisfied with my appearance, I left the upstairs.

Downstairs, I grabbed my purse, cell phone, and car keys from the coffee table before going around the house to turn off all the lights and appliances. I locked the front door behind me and climbed into my BMW.

My days were pretty routine as of lately. I wake up to find the other side empty and cold, void of my husband’s body. I get up, take a shower, and get dressed, just to drive to the studio in whatever vehicle Jimmy doesn’t take. On the way there, I stop for coffee, ordering one for everybody because I’m just that nice.

Image


Pulling into the space next to Jimmy’s double cab truck, I cut off the engine, silencing the sound of Disturbed’s Inside the Fire. I smiled at Brent Haner who was outside smoking with his brother. He put out the bud with the heel of his sneaker and came over to help me with the coffee carriers while Brian helped with the doors of the studio.

“Look who we found outside,” Brian called as he walked into the room in front of Brent and me. A chorus of “Serenity” went around the room as soon as I was in view.

Everyone, except for Michelle, grabbed a coffee from the table where Brent and I placed the carriers just moments before. Michelle claimed to not like coffee, but I knew that wasn’t the case. She didn’t like me—that’s why she didn’t want the coffee I paid for. The two of us have never seen eye-to-eye on things, mainly due to the fact that I didn’t support her being with Brian. Brian was too good for Michelle—he needed a girlfriend that actually liked him for him, not his deep pockets.

I stood by the doorway, observing the people in the room. Matt Sanders was sitting on the tan couch in the back of the room with Val on his lap. Johnny Seward, the shortest member of the group, sat next to them in the middle of the couch. On the other side of Johnny, Zacky Baker took up the remaining space on the couch with Gena Paulhus—his ex—sitting on the arm of the couch. Jimmy occupied the recliner near the couch while Michelle and Brian took up the shorter couch not far away.

“So, Zacky . . .” I stood up straighter, glaring daggers at the green-eyed man. “Where’s Ronnie?”

“Who’s Ronnie?” Gena, the blonde slut, asked, snootily.

“Ronnie is Zacky’s girlfriend,” I answered, matter-of-factly. “Isn’t that right, Zachary?”

“Oh, you mean that little girl with frizzy hair?” Gena asked, with a roll of her eyes.

“She went to the bathroom a little bit ago, and she refuses to come out.” Valary confessed when Zack wouldn’t.

“You disgust me, Vengeance.” I growled, walking past him towards the hallway.

I walked past door after door before finally reaching the ladies room. I knocked on the door a few times, only to get a “go away” in return. I tried jiggling the doorknob, but it wouldn’t budge, so I knocked again.

“Go away!” Veronica exclaimed.

“Veronica, it’s me,” I sighed. “It’s Serenity. Please let me in,”

Veronica unlocked the door, opening it just enough to make sure I was alone. Her face was red from crying and her makeup was smeared under her eyes. Once she saw that I was alone, she opened the door wider to let me in and shut the door behind me. She sat on the floor with a tissue box next to her, not even looking at me.

Looking at her outfit, I could tell she looked great before she got so upset. She was wearing a cute sequin shirt with a pair of blue jeans and ballet flats for shoes. Her long, black curls were pulled back into a high ponytail.

“Alright, Veronica Trate,” I mumbled. “Wanna tell me why you’re letting that whore get to you and flirt with your man?” I asked, sitting on the floor next to her.

“They were together for the longest time, Sereh. I know he still has feelings for her—I just know he does. I can’t compete with that.” She murmured.

“Oh, Vee, honey,” I pulled her into a tight hug. “That doesn’t matter,”

“What do you mean?”

“How long have you been with Zacky?” I asked her, curiously.

“8 months,” She answered, wiping at her eyes with a tissue. “Why?”

“Veronica, if you’ve been with Zacky that long, there has to be both a physical and mental attraction between the two of you. And if that’s the case, babe, you can compete with Gena.” I insisted. “You’re his current girlfriend. You’re the one he spends the night with, not her.”

“Then, what should I do?”

“Gena is going to try everything she can to get back into the picture, and that means she’s going to try to get rid of you. You’re going to show her, though, that you won’t back down without a fight.”

“How,” She asked me as she splashed her face.

“With my help, of course,”

“As long as you help me . . .” She sighed, drying her face.

“I promise,” I confirmed. “You’re my best friend. I’ll always be here for you.”

She smiled at me, appreciatively. Turning to look at her reflection in the mirror, she groaned. “Ugh, look at me!” She exclaimed. “I’m a mess!”

“No you’re not, Veronica. You just over-react, sometimes. It’s natural.” She didn’t bother to reply, just nodded her head in acknowledgement. “As for how you look, honey, we can fix that.” I told her, pulling my makeup bag from within the confines of my over-sized purse.

Image


Once I was done fixing Veronica up, she agreed to leave the restroom—as long as I didn’t leave her side. Her face, similar to my own, was no longer red and blotchy. Instead, it looked flawless once again with the help of silver eye shadow, mascara, and pink lip-gloss. Her dark curls were no longer confined atop her head but were hanging down her back in natural coils. She looked so much better now that she was smiling.

We stopped just beyond the door of the lounge room when we heard Zack and Gena arguing. Veronica was right; Gena did want Zachary back. Apparently, cheating on him was the biggest mistake she ever made. She was really laying it on thick in hopes that he would take her back.

Honestly, I couldn’t stand Gena Paulhus one bit. I didn’t like her when she was with Zacky, and I sure as hell didn’t like her now.

“Gena, I have a girlfriend.” Zack practically growled.

“So? She can’t do the things I can, baby.” She cooed. “She can’t drive you crazy like I can.”

“You know, Gena, you’re right.” I heard Zacky say. Veronica was ready to turn around and leave at those words, but I wouldn’t let her. I had a feeling he had way more to say. “Veronica isn’t like you, not at all. She can’t do the things you can. She can’t drive me crazy.” Through the crack of the door, I could see Gena smiling like she won something, but I was waiting for that damn face of hers to fall. “She can do better.” He confessed, wiping the grin right off of Gena’s face. “She can drive me insane. She can make my head spin. She’s better than you ever were to me. She’s amazing, and I love her.” Zacky finished his speech with those three words that made Veronica smile.

“What are you saying, Zacky?” Gena practically whined.

That’s when I decided to interfere. I pushed the door open with so much force that it banged against the wall behind, loudly. Everyone stopped what they were doing to face Veronica and me.

“I do believe he is rejecting you.” I answered.

“How would you know? You pathetic bitch,” She growled.

Before I could do any damage to the peroxide blonde, Jimmy and Brian had me contained securely, in fear of me actually killing her. I hated when bitches called me pathetic, but even more, I hated when people messed with my friends. Brian and Jimmy knew just how bad of a temper I had—all of our friends did, but they were the only ones who had witnessed it.

“I know that Veronica is a better person than you will ever be. I know that she would never sink low enough to do half the hurtful things you’ve done to Zacky. You only want Zacky for his money, but Ronnie would love him even if he wasn’t rich or famous. She’d still be by his side if he were poor.” I practically yelled at her.

“Whatever! That ugly bitch is nothing compared to me. She’s not even the dirt beneath my feet.”

“I think it’s time for you to leave, Gena.” Zack sighed, standing up from the couch to face her with a stern look.

“Why?”

“You’ve done enough damage today. You’ve upset my girlfriend, aggravated one of my best friends, and you’ve pissed me off, so take a hint, Gena. We are over. We’ve been over since that day you decided to get in bed with another man.”

“You still love me,” She smirked. “And you know it, Baker,”

“Get out, Gena,” Zack growled, opening the door for her to exit through.

She rolled her eyes, flipped her hair, and walked out of the place with her nose in the air. The whole time, she was shaking her butt and walking with a snooty attitude that made her look even more like a whore. Once she was out of the room, Jimmy and Brian let go of me, but kept their eyes on me to make sure I didn’t run after her.

“God, what did you ever see in that whore?” I growled.

“She used to be hot,” He shrugged, causing me to roll my eyes.

“Just so you know,” I mumbled. “I’m still mad at you.”

“And why is that, Sullivan?”

“You know why!”

“Watch it,” He warned. “Or I’ll sick the Rev on you,”

“I doubt that would bother her, Baker.” Johnny commented.

I turned to Johnny with a hand on my hip. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I huffed.

“Well, from what I hear, the two of you go at it like rabbits!” Matt Sanders answered, laughing while Brian cringed.

“That’s practically my sister you’re talking about!” Brian exclaimed.

Matt! Their rabbit lifestyle is none of our business,” Valary scolded, playfully.

“Oh, how about you guys go play in traffic!” I pouted.

“How about you come here?” I heard Jimmy chuckle as he grabbed my hips and pulled me into his lap.

Giggling, I couldn’t help but smile up at my husband. He smiled back at me, wrapping his arms around my body as I curled up in his lap. A chorus of “awes” ran around the room, making me blush and hide my face in Jimmy’s chest.

“You know what I want to do?” Valary piped up, several minutes later.

“What?” Her fiancé asked.

“I wanna go clubbing!” She exclaimed.

“Me too,” Veronica agreed from her place on Zack’s lap. “You wanna come, Serenity?”

“Hell yeah!” I called, throwing a fist in the air.

“What about you, Michelle?” Valary asked.

Michelle, who was busy texting on her phone, looked up and gave her twin a dirty look. “I’d rather not,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Veronica’s outfit
Serenity’s outfit
This is what Veronica looks like
This is what Serenity looks like