You're Keeping Me Amused

One.

Image

“You’re a fucking asshole John!”

John O’Callaghan stared at the blond girl standing in the middle of his room blankly, and then looked over at the clock. It was too early to get yelled at by yet another girl that was a part of the bet.

“What?” he asked, rubbing his forehead with one hand as she sighed loudly.
“Well, you were sleeping,” she started, “and your phone went off.”
“You went through my phone?” he asked incredulously, wondering what kind of psychopath he had hooked up with.
“You were asleep and I answered it, calm down,” she rolled her eyes. “Anyways, it was your friend Garrett, asking for you. He asked who I was and I told him and he said to someone else to cross me off the list, and then he thanked me for participating!” she pouted.
“Oh Garrett,” he laughed, causing her bottom lip to start trembling.
“Is it true?”
“As if you haven’t used guys for sex before,” John scoffed, examining her bleached hair and bronzer covered skin.
“Asshole,” she muttered before slamming my bedroom door after she exited.
“She didn’t disagree,” he muttered before lying back down in bed.

~

John O’Callaghan wasn’t always an asshole trying to get into girls’ pants. He was once a sweet little boy with sandy hair that stuck to his freckled cheeks, his teeth adorned with braces. But as John grew up he, like every other child, started noticing the opposite sex. Fifth grade was when the bets started. They started innocent, who could hold hands with more girls by the end of the month. Pat Kirch was the champion then. It got to kissing, who could kiss the most girls by the end of three months. Kennedy Brock got the gold. Whose hand got the most action under the shirt, under the pants. And now, who could sleep with the most girls by the end of the year.

~

“Okay boys, who’s next?” John O’Callaghan asked his friends with a wide grin.
“Damn kid,” Kennedy laughed. “Okay, you’ve gotten all whores. It isn’t fair. Let’s go with one of the untouchable girls at this school. You have three months to get in her pants.” Kennedy said with a wicked grin.
“Three months? Easy,” John laughed. “Who?”

Kennedy looked at Garrett for ideas, but the brown haired boy shrugged, wrinkling his nose and making his nose ring reflect some light. Kennedy then turned to Jared, but the ginger just shrugged. Kenny looked up around the hallway, trying to spot someone until a certain girl caught his eye.

"Her," Kennedy said, nodding at the short girl who walked past them, staring at her sneaker clad feet.
"Her?" John repeated, watching her with a confused look. "Can I have another one?"
"Why?" Kennedy asked, eyebrows furrowing.
"She's not my, er, type," he said in a hesitant tone.
"I think she's pretty," Pat said as Garrett nodded in agreement.
"Guys, half her hair is fucking pink."
“And she only talks to like, five people in this whole school,” Garrett said with a wicked smile. “Good luck bro.”

John sighed as he watched the small girl tug on one of her pink pigtails, wrinkling his nose. He had to get a girl with half pink hair in his bed in three months when she was practically a mute. This would indeed be a challenge.

“You’re on,” he said, holding his hand out to Kenny to shake.

Kennedy shook his hand with a laugh, shaking his head. “Only you, O’Callaghan.”