You're Keeping Me Amused

Deux.

Image

The adrenaline level was through the roof and screams shot out like cannons. The lights had just gone out as teenagers wiggled in excitement. If you looked into the next room, you'd see a bar and teenagers trying to convince the bartenders they're five years past their age. Sawyer grabbed her best friend's hand, squeezing it. Andy grinned at her and squeezed back. Sawyer turned her attention back to the stage, watching the people running around so everything would be perfect. She felt a nudge and looked at where Andy was directing to, seeing a group of young girls clad in tube tops and what you could hardly consider shorts, screaming how they wanted the lead singer's babies. Sawyer laughed loudly, catching the girls' attention before she shook her head and grinned at Andy. They weren't those girls. Publicly.

When Sawyer looked back up to the stage, she noticed no one onstage. She started jumping in her spot, her face lit up. Excitement was crowding her throat, butterflies unable to get through until she heard those first beats, those first chords.

And then the butterflies were released.

~

"Sawyer James, get your ass out of bed!" a voice screeched.

Sawyer rubbed her eyes as she sat up, meeting the chocolate eyes of Andy Owens. Her hair was straightened neatly over her shoulders, her eyelashes kissing her eyebrows.

"Get the fuck out," the blond girl muttered, shoving her friend off her bed.

In fifteen minutes, Sawyer walked into her room with wet hair and her clothes for the day on. She grimaced at Andy before sitting down in front of her mirror, twisting her eyeliner cap off.

"I have a challenge," Andy said, plopping down at her best friend's feet.
"Bring it on," the girl responded distractedly, working on her second eyelid.
"Date John O'Callaghan," she said.

Suddenly a dark line was across Sawyer's face, but she could care less. What was her friend talking about? Was she fucking insane?

"Uh, what?" Sawyer asked as Andy worked on getting off the girl's excess eyeliner.
"Date John O'Callaghan and not have sex with him. Three months."
"For fifty bucks," Sawyer said, plotting in her mind.
"You're on."

The two shook hands and giggled, ready for the now double sided challenge.