Yours to Hold

Chapter 11

Like the Den of Darkness, the Frightmare Asylum didn't have a line, so Matt and I were able to walk through the queue and right up to the attraction. The lack of a line slightly surprised me, since there were quite a people hanging in the entertainment area; I assumed that they were waiting until it got totally dark before they started going through the attractions.

I personally didn't get why people did that, since it wasn't like it being dark made the attractions any more intense.

A quiet whine escaped my throat as we approached the entrance to the asylum and I saw a clown waiting at the end of the line.
Matt chuckled quietly and gave my hand a small squeeze.
"I assume you're scared of clowns?" he asked, causing me to nod my head quickly.
"Well, no worries. No scary clowns are going to hurt you. I'll protect ya."
I smiled up Matt, feeling my cheeks warm up slightly.
"Thanks, Matty."
Matt returned my smile. "You're welcome, Zacky."

A group of people entered the attraction as Matt and I got to the end of the queue line, so the two of us had to wait a few minutes before we were allowed to enter the attraction. Matt absently played with my fingers as we waited, which was part of the reason that butterflies were swarming through my stomach; the other part of it were the normal butterflies that invaded my stomach every time I was entering a haunted attraction.

After the group before us were through the first few rooms, the staff member turned to us.
"Okay, you guys can enter now. Have fun."
Matt nodded his head before turning his attention to me and giving me a smile.
"Ready?"
I nodded my head and returned his smile, squeezing his hand.
"Lets go for it."
Matt's smile turned into a grin, and he squeezed my hand in return before leading me into the attraction.

The website for Field of Screams says that the Applegate Mental Institution (think about the fact that the attraction is on a farm and tell me that name isn't completely lame) used to house many neglected, unwanted and insane patients. The institution was condemned and abandoned in the mid 1990's after it operated for over a century.

Like many real life abandoned mental institutions, the Applegate Mental Institution is said to be severly haunted by its past inhabitants. It goes on to say that the paranormal activity has increased so much in the past few years that anyone who enters the dilapidated buidling will be trapped in a mind-altering state and guests are warned about any unusual acitivy that takes place inside the building.

Unlike the Den of Darkness that relies on smell, the Frightmare Asylum relies heavily on the sense of touch; there is a portion of the attraction that leads visitors through an insect-infested restroom that makes them feel like they are stepping on insects on the floor and insects are insects on falling on them from the ceiling. There is also a portion when you go up in the attic of the hospital and have to push your way through some wet and bloody clothes.

The attraction also features some claustrophobic portions and a portion that includes clowns. Matt must have remembered my coulrophobia, as he wrapped an arm around me and tugged me close to him as we walked through. The attraction also features a group of the infamous Silent Hill nurses, although all of the nurses are sadly mannequins.

The end of the Frightmare Asylum features two chainaw-wielding clowns, much to my dismay; I have major phobias of both clowns and chainsaws, and seeing clowns with chainsaws was a true nightmare for me. Matt felt me tense up as we approached the finale, and he gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Its okay, Zacky. They won't hurt you," he promised me.
I gazed up at him and gave him a weak smile. I knew they wouldn't hurt me, but that didn't mean I wasn't petrified.
Matt must have known how freaked out I was, since he gently ran his hand along my shoulder.
"We can wait until you're ready," he told me gently. "There's no rush."
I leaned into the male's touch and swallowed. "Lets go."
"You sure?"
"Yeah. I'm sure. Lets go for it."

Matt smiled down at me and pulled me close to him before slowly leading me into the room. The clown closer to us revved his chainsaw and started following us, causing me to whine. Matt immediately tigtenened his grip on me and dropped his lips to my cheek, placing a gentle kiss on it. His kiss caused my cheeks to turn pink and a wave of giddiness to rush over me.

The clowns and their chainsaws seemed a million miles away all of a sudden.

Of course, the giddiness lasted for all of two seconds, since the second clown revved his chainsaw and started running after us. Out of instinct, the two of us started running as well and bolted out the door, half screaming and half laughing as the clown chased us.

As soon as we had escaped the crazy chainsaw-wielding clown, me and Matt collapsed at one of the tables in the entertainnment area so we could catch our breath; I didn't run nearly enough, so my legs and throat were on fire. I let my head collapse on Matt's shoulder, causing the male to give me a gentle squeeze. I panted for a few more seconds before swallowing and bringing my eyes to Matt so I could speak.

"Please do it again?"
The arched an eyebrow. "Do what again?"
"Kiss my cheek...." I mumbled, trailing off and running my tongue over my lips.
Matt looked shocked for a split second, but then a huge grin broke out on his face. In the two years that I had known him, I had NEVER seen Matt grin like that before; I had never seen him look so happy, and the thought that I made him so happy made me estatic.
"Of course I'll do it again."

With that, Matt leaned down and brushed his lips against my cheek, placing a featherlight kiss against my skin. My eyes slid closed, and a small sound of contentment escaped from my lips.
"That was fucking adorable," Matt chuckled, placing another light kiss on my cheek.
"Whatever," I mumbled as I leaned into the male's lips. "Don't stop."
"I'll never stop," Matt told me gently. He paused so he could place a few more soft kisses on my cheek. "I'd like you to be my date for the hayride, if thats alright with you."
"What about Val...? I'm sure she'd really like to be your date for the hayride."
Matt let loose a quiet whimper. "I want YOU, though...."
I giggled before leaning over and placing my own lips against Matt's cheek, causing the male's mouth to drop open.
"I would LOVE to be your date for the hayride," I whispered against Matt's skin, feeling the male's cheeks warm up considerably.

"Hey, babies!"
Me and Matt jumped about a foot and seperated from each other as we heard Jimmy's voice; the other male squeezed in between us and wrapped his arms around the two of us.
"Did you two have fun?"
"Had a blast," Matt grinned, and I nodded my head in agreement.
"GOOD! But lets not waste any time chitchatting. Lets get over to the hayride, babies!"

I laughed at Jimmy's eagerness and pulled myself off the bench, running a hand through my messy hair as I waited for the other two to join me. Matt joined me a second later, adjusting the hem of his shirt before gently taking a hold of my hand. A huge grin broke out om Jimmy's face as he noticed us holding hands.

"I assume my babies are going to sit together on the hayride?"
Matt grinned and squeezed my hand. "He's my gorgeous date for the hayride," he commented, causing me to blush slightly and smile.
Jimmy grinned again. "Awww, look at the adorable couple! But, come on! The others are waiting for us!"

Jimmy's comment about us being adorable together caused me and Matt to look at each other and grin before following after the other male. Unlike the two attractions before it, the Hautned Hayride had a little bit of a line, which seemed to make my earlier assumption true. The rest of the group was indeed waiting for us, and Brian playfully nudged me as he saw me and Matt holding hands.

"Look at you two," he commented, causing me to playfully give him the finger.

Matt kept nuzzling against my cheek and playing with my fingers while we were in line, sending a continuing stream of shivers to go through my spine. His affectionate gestures made me lose touch with reality, and the next thing I knew, I was climbing onto the hayride with Matt and the group. As soon as we were seated, Matt wrapped a muscular arm around me and squeezed me softly.

The Haunted Hayride is a twenty-five minute ride through the farm's cornfields; the ride pauses periodically for another set of scares. These scares include a slaughterhouse with actors that wear pig masks (one of those bastards put his damn snout against the back of my neck), a circus-themed stop with clowns (fuck my life), a drive-in theater with some horror movie villians (Jason and Freddy for the win) and a finale with SIX chainsaw-wielding goons (I think I actually cried).

After we had finished up with the hayride, we met up with Val and Michelle in the entertainment area so we could go leave. Matt didn't greet Val, instead choosing to stay with me and the other guys. As we climbed into the car, he urged me and Brian to climb in first before joining us and plopping down on my other side. I grinned at him before quickly removing his hoodie and handing it to him so I could pull on my own sweatshirt.

The ride home from Field of Screams was quiet and I was beyond exhausted; I must have ended up nodding off against Matt's shoulder, since I suddenly became aware that Matt was gently shaking me awake.

I blinked a few times before yawning and stretching a bit.
"Wassssuuuppppppppppp..." I mumbled, causing Matt to smile and chuckle.
"We're at your house, sleepy head."
"Oh, oh, got it..." I mumbled, my voice still heavy from sleep.

Matt chuckled again before unbuckling his seatbelt and climbing out of the car.
"I'll walk you to the house," he said quietly, causing me to smile.
"Thank you, Matt," I told him. causing Matt to smile and pat my shoulder.
"No problem, dude."

When we got to the door, Matt surprised me again by wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close to his chest. I gasped in surprise and brushed my cheek against his chest, causing Matt to smile and kiss my forehead gently.

"I have a confession to make," he told me, causing me to lift my head off his chest and gaze at him.
"Whats would that be, Matt?"
Matt smiled and placed another kiss on my forehead before replying.
"Jimmy's right. I do have feelings for you. I like you," he told me quietly, causing me to blush deeply.
"R-really?" I asked, causing Matt to chuckle and smile down at me.
"Really," he whispered, nuzzling his nose against my cheek. "I gotta go, though."
"Why...?" I whined, causing the male to laugh.
"Because everyone is waiting for me, silly."

"Oh, right," I stated, causing Matt to laugh and squeeze me one more time.
"I'll see you later, Zack."
"See ya, Matt."

Matt smiled at me and leaned down to give me an Eskimo kiss before dropping his arms from me and walking back to Mr. Sullivan's car. Feeling my heart going a mile a minute, I watched as he climbed into the car and shut the door behind him. I waved as Mr. Sullivan backed out of the driveway before turning around and stepping into the house, feeling as if I was on top of the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Matt admits he likes Zacky!? Who didn't see that coming. I have a feeling this isn't going tolast, though. Anyways, I cannot ask you enough to leave feedback. It keeps me inspired to keep writing this story instead of tossing it in the garbage can. I enjoy your comments and I really like reading them. So, leave me some feedback and I'll start the update tomorrow or Saturday. xoxo