Yours to Hold

Chapter 3

"I still can't fucking believe that Matt was rude enough to make a comment about you RIGHT when you happened to be walking by."
Johnny babbled as we walked out of the learning support room together at the end of third period. I grunted in acknowledgement, getting very close to reaching over and strangling him; I had been listening to Johnny go on and on about that incident for the entire forty-five minute period. It was safe to say that I was getting beyond pissed at this point.

As much as I love the kid, Johnny is the kind of person that just cannot let something go. This was especially true when it involved Matt or Val being unnecessarily rude to me, which happened pretty regularly at this point. While Brian and Jimmy were friends with Matt, Johnny couldn't stand the guy and thought he was a total dick weed. I couldn't blame Johnny, since I had heard that Matt used to pick on him a good deal last year.

"And, Val is such a bitch. If you're a faggot, she's a goddamn cunt. Her and Matt are PERFECT for each other."
I absently nodded my head, feeling my patience wearing extremely thin.
"Zack, I'm serious. You really need to forget about Matt. You can do so much better then him."
"I realize this, Johnny," I stated through clenched teeth, trying to hold onto my last thread of patience.
"I'm just trying to look out for you, Zack. Matt's gonna keep bringing you down and Val's going to kick you when you're down. I hate seeing my little princess upset, especially over fuck tards like them."

I moved my messenger bag to my other shoulder as we passed by the main entrance of the school, taking a deep shaky breath in an effort to relax myself.
"Johnny, I realize you're looking out for me, and believe or not, I do realize that I need to get over Matt. But, can you please do me a favor and drop the fucking subject?"

Johnny looked like he wanted to say something, but decided against it and simply nodded his head. The two of us walked up the stairs and to fourth period in silence; I felt some guilt for snapping at Johnny biting my insides. He was certainly right, Matt was a complete ass that didn't give two damns about me. But even if he found me to be downright hilarious, as far as I was concerned, Matt was beyond gorgeous. He had the best smile, and the most amazing laugh.

Ugh, why he is fucking perfect?

Fourth period science is the only class that me, Brian, Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny all have together, so as far as I was concerned it was the best period of the day. The fact that it was right before lunch made it better; I personally loved to eat. Brian jokes that if lunch were a class, I would pass it with flying colors. I didn't disagree with him there; my love for food was the reason behind my small love handles. I tend to blame them on the fact that I'm Italian, though.

As soon as me and Johnny stepped into the classroom, Jimmy Sullivan literally ran over to us and pulled me into a huge hug.
"Hey, baby. I missed you yesterday," he stated happily, causing me to grin and return his hug.
"Hey, JimJam. I missed you, too," I told him, leaning up so I could place a kiss on his chin.

Jimmy grinned from my kiss and leaned down so he could press a sloppy one to my forehead before letting go of me and walking meto se my seat. Johnny chuckled a bit before heading over to his own seat; he loved watching Jimmy hugging me and placing kisses all over my face, but he hated it when Jimmy tried the same things on him. The male realized this early on and avoided giving Johnny enthusiastic greetings. I didn't understand why Johnny hated Jimmy's hugs and kisses, since even Matt enjoyed receiving Jimmy hugs.

"So, Bri told me that you may need surgey. You okay, baby?"
I dropped my messenger bag on the floor before smiling up at Jimmy and giving him a half hug; while Brian and Johnny were telling me not to worry about it yet, Jimmy was the complete opposite and wouldn't stop worrying unless I told him to.
"Yea, I'm fine. Thanks, though, sweetie," I told Jimmy, causing the male to grin and place another wet kiss on my head.
"Hey, Zack. Say, did you eat a hot dog or two or three at that Johnnie's Dog House on the way home from duPont?"
I arched an eyebrow. "Yea, I did. Why?"
"Because," Jimmy exlaimed, a silly grin growing on his face, "your adorable little tummy is sticking out a little more then it usually does."

With that, the male reached over and lightly poked my belly before flitting over to the door to greet Brian and Matt. I laughed quietly as I watched Jimmy greeting Brian and Matt at the same time by wrapping his arms around both males and places huge kisses on their cheeks. They both laughed, and Matt's laugh caused my knees to grow slightly weak.

Brian grinned at me and made his way over to me as soon as Jimmy freed them, but Matt completely ignored me and made his way over to his desk. What else was new? I personally didn't understand how Matt could be such close buds with Brian and Jimmy and hate me so much at the same time. He knew that Brian and Jimmy were both close friends of mine, so my head just couldn't wrap around the fact that he hung out with them so much.

"Hey there, sexy."
I jumped as I heard Brian's voice before giggling as I turned my attention to him; Brian dropped his messenger bag on the floor before taking his seat in the desk next to me.
"Why hello there, handsome," I stated, causing Brian to laugh.
"How is your day going so far?"
I shrugged slightly before reaching into my bag for my science folder.
"Well, lets see. Just got told that I look slightly chubbier today by JimJam. Other then that, same old, same old. Heard Matt and Val making fun of me in the hallway before third period, which caused Johnny to rant about it for forty-five straight minutes."
"Wow. They were talking about while you were walking by? Thats fucking low, dude," Brian stated, causing me to nod my head.

"Yea, it was pretty embarassing to say the least. Although, something strange happened at the end of third period. I caught Matt watching me as I packed up my stuff. It was fucking weird, since he almost smiled when I looked back at him."
Brian gazed over at Matt for a second before returning his attention to me.
"Wow, that's new," he stated, causing me to nod my head.
"It certainly is different. He bolted out of the room before I could say anything, though."
"Strange," Brian stated before Jimmy bounded over to the two of us.
"COME ON, BRI AND ZEE. We must get ourselves to our lab table; we're doing a lab today!"

Me and Brian looked at each other and laughed before making our way over to our lab table; Matt was slouched on the stool in the corner, waiting for us. He smiled as Brian sat down on the stool next to him, leaving me and Jimmy to sit across the table from them. I watched Matt as him and Brian immediately started a conversation about Friday night; Matt seemed to be beyond psyched for the trip to Field of Screams.

Ugh, he is beyond perfect.

Jimmy suddenly elbowed me, sending me right back to reality and causing me to let loose a quiet whimper. I glared at Jimmy, but he just gave me a smile and a tiny shrug. I took a small glance at Matt and relieved to find that he was still chatting with Brian. I immediately turned back to Jimmy and mouthed "Thanks", causing Jimmy to shrug and mouth "No problem".

God, I fucking love this kid.

The four of us herded out of the classroom and down to the cafeteria as soon as the bell rang; me, Brian, Jimmy and Johnny were chatting about the experiment we performed last period while Matt stayed silent as he walked with us. I couldn't help but wonder why Matt walked to the cafeteria with us if he wasn't interested in the conversation the rest of us were having. I wanted to step over to him and ask if eh was okay, but a little voice in my head told me that it wasn't the best idea.

Matt perked up the second we stepped into the cafeteria and he saw Val waiting for him. He immediately greeted her with a kiss and sat down next to her as I dropped my messenger bag and went to find myself some yummy food to eat. I returned a few minutes later with my food and sat down next to Brian at the table, instansly grabbing onto one of my garlic breadsticks and biting into it.

I ate my cheap stuffed crust pizza, garlic breadsticks, and brownies silently, trying my hardest to remain invisible to Matt and Val. Thankfully, the two of them always left around the middle of the lunch period; Val went to some vo-tech school in the afternoon and Matt always walked her to the bus. The conversation always seemed get more lively when Val was gone, which led me to believe that Jimmy and Brian hated her as much as me and Johnny did.

The four of us split ways after the lunch period ended, with me and Jimmy heading downstairs to history while Brian headed to math and Johnny headed to only God knew where. Matt had history with me and Jimmy, but he always wandered there on his own. The two periods immediately following lunch always went by fast; partly because I was fed and happy, and partly because I loved the two classes. We had the best history teacher in the world and Art is easy for me because I enjoy drawing.

I found myself back in the cafeteria for eighth period study hall; I was thankful since I hadn't gotten a chance third period to try and do my math. After signing in, I trudged over to an empty table and dropped my bag on the ground. After taking a seat, I opened up my bag and pulled out my math folder and a pencil. However, after taking one look at the first problem on the worksheet, I left loose an irritated grunt and hit my head against the table.

This was fucking hopeless; I failed miserably at this shit.

I shoved my math work back into the folder and pushed it to the side when I heard someone calling my name.
"Um, Zack?"
I shut my eyes and grunted before turning my head; I felt myself freeze as I realized it was Matt that had said my name. He was standing next to me awkwardly, almost like he couldn't believe what he was doing.

That certainly made two of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, the ending is shit, I realize this. If you read, please, please, PLEASE leave nice feedback, though. xoxo