Yours to Hold

Chapter 6

I was soon awakened from my light slumber by the sound of the doorbell ringing and Rorschach barking. I pulled myself to a sitting position with a grunt and paused to rub my eyes and yawn before slowly pulling myself to my feet. After coming some fingers through my hair in an effort to make it look presentable, I stepped out of the room and headed down the steps.

"Shut up, Rorschach," I ordered as I stepped onto the lower level.
Rorschach looked at me and pressed his ears down before slowly walking toward the living room. I chuckled quietly as I watched him as I stepped over to the door and unlocked it so I could open it up; a huge grin broke out on my face as I realized it was Jimmy and Brian.

"Hey, guys. I wasn't expecting you guys. Come on in," I exclaimed, and stepped to the side to let my friends into the house.
Jimmy entered the house first; noticing that I had no shirt on, he immediately reached over to gently poke my belly.
"Aw, you're showing off your little tummy," he exclaimed, causing me to whine a bit.
"Jimmy, sstttoooopppppp iiittttttt," I whined, holding my stomach with both hands in an attempt to hide it.
"Awww, ZackAttack. Stop it. You look great," Brian started, stepping into the house behind the other male and gently pulling my hands away from my stomach.

I tried to pretend to be upset, but a goofy smile appeared on my face as Brian used his nickname for me.
"Damn you, Brian," I playfully gave Brian the finger, causing him to laugh and stick his tongue out at me.
"I know how to make my ZackAttack smile," he cooed, causing me to giggle.
"You sure do, Brian," I exclaimed before turning my attention to Jimmy as well. "So, what brings you two here?"

"We figured we'd drop by to hang out and play some vidoe games for a little while," Jimmy said happily, causing me to laugh again.
"Well, next time, you guys could try warning me first, so I don't know, I know to put a shirt on."
Jimmy laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "We tried to warn you, baby, but you weren't on Faceobok or AIM."
I rolled my eyes and playfully punched Jimmy. "Just because I'm not on AIM or Facebook doesn't mean you can't call me to warn me, silly."
Jimmy gave me a small squeeze and leaned down to place a kiss on my forehead. "We decided a surprise would be more fun, baby."

I playfully rolled my eyes and kissed Jimmy's chin before shaking the male's arm off my shoulders and motioning for the two to follow me.
"There's different kinds of soda and a shitload of candy in the kitchen, so feel free to help yourselves," I told them as we walked over to the basement.
Jimmy bounded off to the kitchen to find himself some goodies to eat, causing me and Brian to laugh; Brian followed behind me as I opened up the basement door and started heading down the steps.
"So, Matt told me that he helped you out with your math work and got to talk to you in study hall," Brian said as we plopped down on the sofa in the basement.
"He did," I replied, causing Brian to nod.
"He seemed pretty happy to get your AIM screenname and get to know you a little better," he told me, causiing me to let loose a shocked squeal.
"Really?" I asked.
Brian chuckled. "Would I lie to you about something like this?"

I quickly shook my head no, causing Brian to laugh.
"Well, I assure you, he seemed excited when I gave him your AIM name. He said you seemed like an awesome guy and he wanted to get to know you."
A goofy grin spread across my face, causing Brian to laugh and playfully nudge me.
"He also admitted he thinks you're cute," he exclaimed.
My mouth dropped open again and I felt both my heartrate increase and my cheeks heat up.
"He thinks I'm CUTE?" I squealed, causing Brian to laugh.
"He thnks you're VERY cute, and went as far as to tell me that if he weren't taken, he'd consider asking you out."

I felt my eyes widen at Brian's last comment; Matt Sanders would consider asking me out if he was single? What the hell was going on? Matt had picked on me relentlessy since last year; he never used to pay any attention to me in class. Now all of a sudden he was helping me out in study hall and admitting to my best friend that he thought I was cute?

Well, this was certainly different.

"What is going on with him?" I asked.
Brian shrugged and looked like he was about to say something, but he got interrupted by Jimmy darting into the basement with some sodas and candy. He tossed the candy on the table and passed us each a soda before sitting down on the floor by the TV. Me and Brian looked at each other and chuckled before pushing ourselves off the sofa and joined him.

"So, any awesone new games, Zack?" Jimmy asked me.
I shrugged a bit as I opened up my soda can and took a sip of it. "Well, lets see. I have Gears of War 3," I told him after swallowing. "Or we can finish up Arkham Asylum so we'll be ready for Arkham City next week. We also have good ol' Call of Duty." I shrugged again and took another sip of my soda.
Brian opened up his own soda can. "Can't go wrong with Call of Duty, but we need to finish Arkham Asylum."
I turned my attention to Jimmy. "That okay, JimJam?"
"Fine with me, baby," Jimmy exclaimed, causing me to grin.
"Lets go for it, then."

The three of us stayed in the basement and played Arkham Asylum until my mother returned home from work; she came down into the basement so she could greet us. She knew Jimmy and Brian very well, so she didn't mind coming home and finding them here.
"I knew you two were here since I could hear Jimmy yelling from all the way upstairs," she exclaimed, causing us all to laugh.
"Sorry about that, Mrs. Baker," Jimmy said sheepishly, but my mom shook her head.
"No worries, Jimmy. Just try to tune the volume down a bit since Zack's brother is trying to do study for a test."
"Will do, Mrs. Baker. Hey! Can Zack come to Field of Screams with me and some friends on Friday night? My dad is taking a bunch of us there."
"I don't see any reasons why he can't," my mom stated, causing Jimmy to grin from ear to ear.
"Awesome! Thank you, Mrs. Baker," he said.
"You're very welcome, Jimmy. Oh, Zack," my mom exclained.
"Yea?"
"Don't fill up on too much candy, since I'm making chicken parmesean and raviolis for dinner."
"You know I won't fill up on sweets if you're making Italian," I grinned, causing my mom to smile.
"Good. I'm gonna go help Michael study for his test. Not too much longer, guys," my mom said
The three of us nodded, and my mom smiled at us before heading back upstairs.

Brian and Jimmy stayed over for another hour or so; we trying to get as much as the Arkham Asylum storyline finished as we possibly could. Eventually, though, the two had to split because Brian's parents called and Jimmy was his ride. I turned off the Playstation 3 and made sure the controller was pluggeed as Brian and Jimmy cleaned up the chocolate wrappers and threw them away.

As soon as everything was tidy and back in order, the three of us herded back upstairs together quietly; we didn't want to rause a ruckus and disrupt my brother's studying. I walked outside onto the doorstep with the guys so we could say farewell without worry of annoying my brother. Jimmy immediately pulled me into a hug as soon as we were ouside, causing me to giggle.
"I'll see you tomorrow at school, Zackster," he told me as he kissed my forehead.
I giggled again and nodded my head. "I'll be there," I told him.
Jimmy grinned and placed another sloppy kiss on my cheek.
"Bye, baby. Friday is gonna be fun."

I immediately nodded my head and kissed Jimmys cheek.
"Sure will, sweetie. I'll see you later."
Brian slung an arm around my shoulders as Jimmy headed to the car; I leaned my head on his shoulder and kissed his chin gently.
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow if I don't talk to you on Facebook, babe," he told me as we started walking to Jimmy's car.
"I'll probably be on Facebook until dinner is done," I told him, causing Brian to smile.
"Or AIM," he winked, causing me to giggle.
"Are you trying to play matchmaker?" I asked, causing Brian to wink again.
"Maybe," he exclaimed, causing me to roll my eyes.
"See you tomorrow, Bri," I told him, causing Brian to smile and kissed my cheek.
"I'll see you tomorrow, babe."

I pressed my back against the wall of the house as I watched Jimmy back out of the driveway into the road; I watched the two drive off before pushing myself off the wall and walking back into the house.
"Come on, Rorschach," I called as I walked up the stairs to my room. He followed me into the room and leapt on the bed as I grabbed my laptop and returned to the bed with it. I logged onto AIM as soon as it had booted up to see if Matt was logged on. He was still offline, but his status read "At my baby's house. I'll be back later."

I immediately sucked in a breath and set the laptop on my desk before sitting back down on the bed and playing with Rorschach's ears; Brian had said that Matt would consider asking me out if he was single, but that didn't mean shit if he was in a relationship. Even if he was single, it wouldn't mean shit for me since he deserved so much more then me. He was so fucking perfect.

I ran my tongue over my lips and let loose a shaky sigh, wishing that one day Matt would see how much I loved him, and wishing that maybe, just maybe, he'd fall in love with me one day and want to be with me.

Or maybe I'd accidentally stumble across a magical wardrobe that would lead me to Narnia.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think is going on with Matt, eh? I don't know, but I think he may possibly have a tiny bit of a crush. Anyways, I love the feedback, so keep it coming. xoxo