Yours to Hold

Chapter 9

Field of Screams is located in Mountville, which is in the heart of Amish Country and about an hour away from us. We got caught in a little bit of traffic created by one of the infamous horse-drawn buggies on the way, so it was starting to get dark by the time we arrived at Field of Screams. After climbing out of the van with Brian and Johnny, I also quickly realized that the temperature had gotten quite a bit chillier.

I crossed my arms across my chest for some warmth and leaned my back against the car as I waited for everyone else to climb out; as soon as everyone had climbed out and Mr. Sullivan had locked up the van, we started walking over to the entrance. I kept my arms tightly against my chest as we walked, mentally cursing myself for being stupid enough to forget my sweatshirt in the car.

Matt must have noticed that I was cold, since he dropped back to hang with me.
"You look cold," he said quietly, causing me to shrug.
"I'm fine."
Matt wasn't convinced, since he draped an arm around my shoulders. His gesture caused a shiver to go down my spine that had nothing to do with the chilly October night.
"Dude, you aren't fine. You're freezing," he told me, causing me to let loose a defeated sigh.
"I'm a little cold," I told him, causing the male to frown.
"Where's your sweatshirt?"
"I forgot it in the car," I admitted sheepishly.

Matt's frown grew, and he immediately unzipped his hoodie and slipped it off; I shook my head quickly as he held it out to me.
"No, I'm fine. You wear your hoodie. It could be a lot worse," I told him, causing Matt to chuckle.
"Its only going to get colder as it gets darker," he reminded me.
"True, but what about you? You're going to be cold if you give me your hoodie..."
"Nah, don't worry about me. I'll be okay. You need it more then me. Please put it on, though? I don't like seeing you cold and I don't want you to get sick."

After a few seconds, I let loose another defeated sigh and took the hoodie out of Matt's hands, rather reluctantly slipping it on and zipping it up. Matt's scent hit my nose immediately, sending a rush of butterflies through my stomach. I sucked in a breath in an effort to relax myself and pushed my hands into the kangaroo pocket of the hoodie as we started walking again.

Matt reached over and dropped a hand on my shoulder lightly.
"Warm now?" he asked, causing me to nod my head.
"Yea...thanks."
Matt gave me a smile and shrugged. "You're welcome. But come on, lets go catch up with the rest of the group."
I nodded my head and returned the male's smile. "Yea, lets go."

Like the majority of haunted attractions in this area (with the obvious exceptions of Terror Behind the Walls and Pennhurst Asylum), Field of Screams is located on a farm. The three haunted attractions stretch out around an large open area in the middle that serves an entertainment and concession area. Speaking of food, Field of Screams has a large variety of food ranging from cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches to Philly cheesesteaks and pizza.

As soon as we entered the entertainment area, Jimmy started waving like a maniac to show us where they were; the group was sitting down at one of the tables waiting for us. A huge grin broke out on Jimmy's face as we approached them.
"We were wondering what happened to you, too," he stated happily as he gave us a hug. "We were starting to wonder if you two snuck off somewhere to make out."
Matt shook his head and chucked quietly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and giving me a small squeeze.
"Nah. Zacky here forgot his hoodie in the van, so I was letting him borrow mine."

Val glared at us viciously for a second or two, before shaking her head and mumbling something under her breath. I turned my attention from her to Matt in time to see the male's jaw tighten, and it was obvious to that Val's behavior was starting to really piss him off. I frowned a little and slipped my arm around his shoulders, causing Matt to turn his attention from his girlfriend to me.

"You need to ignore her. Letting her bother you is going to ruin you rnight," I told him quietly, causing him to give me a tiny nod of his head.
"Yea, you're right," he whispered, causing me to giggle and give Matt a small squeeze.
"I thought I was," I told him, causing him to give me a smile.
"Thank you."
I brought my green eyes up to his hazel ones. "You're very welcome."

The two of us stood like that for what seemed like an eternity; we were lost in our own little world as we silently gazed into each other's eyes. Eventually, Matt brought a hand up to my cheek and gently ran his fingers down to my jawline, leaving tiny electric shocks where his fingertips touched my skin. He gently tilted my face upwards before leaning in and closing the gap beween our lips.

His lips lightly brushed against mine for a fleeing moment until Jimmy's voice snapped us back to reality.

"YOOHOO! Earth to Matt and Zack! Come on! Aren't you guys hungry?"
Matt gazed at me and gave me a small smile, slowly dropping his arms from my shoulders.
"Come on, lets go get some dinner so Jimmy will shut up."
"Yea, lets go. I'm starving," I replied, dropping my own arm from the male's shoulders.

Matt chuckled a bit before jogging over to meet the rest of the group, which was waiting at one of the concession stands. After watching the male for a few seconds, I shoved the hands into the kangaroo pocket of Matt's hoodie and followed him over to the concession stand. Johnny arched an eyebrow at me as I slipped behind him into the small line that was formed by our group.

"What was the hell was THAT about just now?" he asked, causing me to shrug slightly.
"I honestly don't know."
"Did he...kiss you?"
"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a kiss, since his lips only brushed mine for a millisecond."
Johnny looked at Matt brieftly before turning his attention back to me.
"Wow...I can't believe he kissed you, especially after what he said to Jimmy on the way up here. What the hell is going on with him?"

I rolled my eyes. "Dude, his lips brushed up against mine for a tenth of a second. You can't consider that a kiss."
"Whatever you want to call it, Zack, the guy kissed you. It may not have been a very long kiss, but he kissed you."
I shrugged again. "Whatever."

Johnny opened his mouth to say something to me, but decided against it and stepped up to the concession stand to order his food. I nibbled on my lower lip gently and turned my attention to Matt, who was sitting at the table with Jimmy and Val. Jimmy and Matt were engaged in a conversation, but Val was paying no attention to her boyfriend and was eating her food in silence.

It appeared that Val still was't happy with Matt, and I wondered if she had seen what happened between us a few minutes ago.

After ordering my own dinner, I grabbed myself a straw and added some vinegar to my fries before heading over to the table where the rest of the group was sitting. Brian's face lit up as I slipped in next to him, and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I grinned over at him and rested my head on his shoulder, causing Brian to chuckle quietly and kiss my forehead.

"Seems like today is your lucky day," he commented to me.
I shoved my straw into my cup and took a sip of my soda before shrugging.
"What makes you say that?"
Brian let loose another chuckle. "Well, lets see. Prince Charming not only lent you his hoodie, but he also kissed you."
"You can't really consider that a kiss."
"You certainly can, ZackAttack."
I let loose a small groan and rolled my eyes again. "Johnny said the same exact thing."

Brian laughed and clapped a hand to my shoulder.
"Thats because its true, bro. You should be enjoying the fact that he kissed you, not adamantly denying the fact that he did."
I shrugged again. "Eh. Whatever you say. Did Val see it?"
"If she didn't, then her sister Ms. Gossip told her about it."
I let loose a rather audible groan and grabbed a few fries, shoving them in my mouth.
"She's not hapy about it, is she?" I asked after swallowing.
"You tell me."

I took a small bite out of my chicken sandwich before turning my attention to Val. The female was sitting next to Michelle at the end of the table, and when she became aware that I was watching her, she returned my glare so viciously that I let loose a tiny whimper and quickly dropped my eyes. Brian squeezed me protectively and discreely gave Val the finger, but it was too late. The damage had already been done.

I had stepped way out of line this time, and it was obvious that Val was out for my blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait, Matt kissed Zacky? Didn't he say last chapter that he wasn't interested in Zack like that? I guess he was lying. And uh-oh, Val doesn't look too happy... Anyways, leave some nice comments and I will start the next chapter tomorrow. Hopefully we will be back to daily updates. xoxo