The Way of an Exorcist

chapter 13

I clenched my nose tightly, trying to block out the ghastly odor of sulfur.

"What the hell is a Ghoul doing in True Cross Academy? I thought this place was protected by Mephisto's barrier?"

"I don't know, but it's here and we have to fight it." Rin answered me.

"We need to make it weak somehow...." He added.

"That's it! Ghouls are weakened by light. One of us needs to turn the power back on."

"I'll do it. I can't reach Yukio on his cellphone." Rin said as he placed his cell back in his pants pocket.

I nodded my head.

"Be careful. Who knows, if one got in, I'm sure another one is running around somewhere."

"I got it. Saki, don't get yourself hurt. I trust you can kick this Ghoul's ass! Do it hard for the both of us."

I nodded my head again.

"You got it, Rin-chan."

I unsheathed my blade from its scabbard and held it tightly in front of me.

"You want a fight? Come at me, bro!" I taunted the Ghoul.

As I distracted it, Rin took that opportunity to escape and search for the brake switch.

Yuki was reciting spells and Shima was protecting her, holding his staff in front of him. It was my turn to pitch in, though I was afraid a bit. In order for me to defeat this demon, I had unveil my secret to everyone, but I shook it off. I tightly held onto the handle of my blade and concentrated. I felt the intensity of my power rise up inside of me causing my body to spew crimson flames. Not long after, my nails grew long into talons, fangs grew out my mouth and a black tail extended from behind me. I was quickly transforming into the demon I cursed to be born as. I let out a loud and angry growl as I charged at the Ghoul at increasing speed. I rose up my blade high above my head, sending an attack it, but the damn demon blocked my attack with it's arm. I cursed under my breath and pushed myself off his arm, giving space between our bodies. Soon after I sent another attack, continuously slashing at it's body in different areas, trying to weakening it.