The Way of an Exorcist

Chapter 14

I started reciting Chapter 11.

"Now a certain man was sick..."

"Come on, Yuki-chan!" Shima rushed, helping Saki attack the ghoul. I furrowed my brow, sweating.

"..named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick. "

I could hear the chains of his weapon jingle. I tried going as fast as I could, passing through each word in the speed of light. I could hear the sounds of struggle and the groaning of the ghoul.

As I recited each word, a thought drilled in my mind.

What was a Ghoul doing here in True Cross? Wasn't Mephistopheles' guard strong enough to protect the school? Wasn't it strong enough to keep a lesser demon away? If not, then Satan could easily get in and he hasn't so far. It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't add up.

I furrowed my brows as I smelled the stench eve closer. [1]

"Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me."

"Dammit!" I heard a feminine voice yell in aggravation before the sound of back meeting wall echoed in my ears.

"However he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth. this spoke He, signifying..."

"Damn! Get back, bastard!" Shima yelled.

"And when He had spoken this, He said unto this, "Follow Me."..."

I could hear Shima struggling against the Ghoul's strength. I was close to breaking down but I was so close to finishing.

"Jesus said unto him, "If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" Then this saying went abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die. Utter these words and shiver, and should it sway and quiver, then even the dead shall come back alive."

"Hurry, Yuki!"

I could hear him struggling before the Ghoul threw him at a ledge.

"This is the disciple who testifieth of these things and wrote these things, and we know that his testimony is true. I suppose that--"

I felt the hand grab the top of my head. It pulled my hair, making me flinch in pain but I had to continue on.

The lights flickered on, weakening the Ghoul's power. It swayed back and forth, making me dizzy as hell. It regained it's balance.

"--even the world itself...could not contain the books that...."

I could feel it about to launch an attack on me before I fluttered my eyes open and screamed, "--should be written!"

It yelled in pain before the skin dusted off in a frenzy ; the inner body smothered into smithereens.

I fell on the ground, landing in a fetal position with my legs curled and my hands in front of my face. Most of my hair got in my eyes but luckily I wore my red hairband. The recital took away most of my stamina.

I blinked a couple of times before I was swarmed into blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
[1]: I RUSHED THIS PART A BIT LMFAO.