The Way of an Exorcist

Chapter 22

I sighed blissfully as I sat on the edge of the fountain and crossed my legs. "It's so beautiful today," I mumbled, taking in the serene scenery. The bird tweeted, the sun glistened and hide under white, cotton ball clouds.

"Yeah, it is," Shima hummed.

I sighed again before opening my obento and taking out the chopsticks. "Itadakimsu," I murmured before taking the chopsticks apart and picking up a clump of rice with the utensils. I stuffed it in my mouth, biting slowly as I savored the flavor.

"So how's your fever?" he asked, breaking through the awkward tension. I could hear Bon and Konekomaru talking quietly to each other. I swallowed before wiping my mouth with the back of my hand and grinned.

"It's simmering down, though I haven't completely regained my strength," I replied.

"Then you should rest some more."

I shrugged, staring at my shoes. "I'm fine though. I know it. I mean, who else knows my body more than myself?" He shrugged, digging through his pocket for something. He took out a small card and grinned wickedly at me.

"Here, you should call me if you need anything."

"No thanks, I'm good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter but this is quick update before I do homework :l