The Way of an Exorcist

Chapter 9

Yuki was lucky she didn't have detention. She doesn't have to keep her ass in school after hours. I was tempted to skip it, but Yukio would just give me another detention the next day, so that was a dumb idea. Everyone else left the classroom, so Rin and I were the only ones left.

"I do get to spend more time with Rin though. I guess you can say, that's an upside." I thought as I stared at him from the corner of my eye, smiling.

I saw him look up at me and stare at me oddly.

"Why are you smiling at me?" He asked me curiously.

I jumped a bit as I snapped out of it and shook my head quickly. I looked up at the celing, adverting eyes away from his gaze and scratched my cheek.

"Uhm, nothing. I..it's nothing. don't worry about it." I answered nervously.

"Smooth move Saki..." I mentally noted myself.

Rin chuckled at my reaction and smiled at me.

"You're so weird..., but I guess I should've gotten used to that."

I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit.

Rin continued to smile at me as he gently grasp my hand, which cause my cheeks to heat up slightly.

"Might as well get this detention over with." He suggested.

I stayed silent as I stared into his ocean blue orbs, nodding back a reply.

Rin pulled me out of Yukio's class and walked next to me down the hall.