Status: Updates when I have time.

Shadow of the Day

Prologue

The four judges sat in their great stone thrones that were intricately carved from the cavernous room around them. Each of them wore a black body veil and carried an air of power that was visible to those who could see it, and tangible to those who couldn't. All around the thrones stood humanoid creatures, some more normal looking than the others, but all of them strange and enchanting in their own ways. Some of them had great wings set on their backs, some looked almost half animal, some were too tall or too short or too thin to be considered normal, but they took no notice of each others strange features. Their attention was entirely concentrated upon the prisoner being brought before them.

A man of maybe twenty, the prisoner was charming in ways that most would never understand. He was tall and lithe, built like the statue of David, and covered in torn and bloodied clothes, though there was not a mark on his perfect, white flesh. There was something strangely feline about him; the way he moved cautiously but with confidence and grace, how he seemed to twitch when he moved, the way his gorgeous face seemed drawn too tightly revealing glistening red eyes with slitted pupils. Or perhaps it was just the wicked grin that seemed to have taken permanent residence upon his face.

Large shackles and chains could be seen surrounding his neck, arms, legs and torso; the end of each chain was then secured to the ground with either heavy stakes or large metal rings. The guards that surrounded the man then moved away from him in either fear or reverence. The man did not look even mildly uncomfortable, though his restraints had to weigh thousands of pounds being made out of thick metal. All in the room could see how self-assured he was.

It wasn't the first time this man had been brought before the Council of Issus. Every person in the room with him knew him as a vile criminal; a remorseless, relentless murderer. The crime they were seeing him for was his worst: he had mutilated and killed an entire population of nearly 1,000, and spawned nearly 100 of his despicable kind. But he seemed pleased with himself.

"How say you, demon?" Four voices boomed at once, blending together into one loud, decisive voice that became neither male nor female. The effect caused the entire room to quake, but the man did not even look mildly shaken.

The man leaned back on his heels for a moment and then snorted. "I killed all of them. They were only human. Too bad, so sad." He said flippantly. Many of the faces in the room sneered in disgust at his lack of sensitivity.

"You're complete disregard for life has been demonstrated time and time again for this court. This offense can not and will not go unpunished." The cavern shook again, threatening to through those who were standing to the ground.

The man looked at them nonchalantly. He did not care what type of sentence they gave him. He could not die. And even if they locked him away, he could call out to any of the thousands of children he had created. After several moments of silence, the voice of the judges rose again. "You will be sealed away in a hole deep in the earth with only the worms and darkness to keep you company. None with your blood in their veins, or your thoughts in their hearts will be able to free you. You will be forever imprisoned until the end of all things."

This time the man looked up in surprise. The punishment he had received was one he had not expected. For the first time, his grin slipped away. The four judges stood up in unison and descended the steps towards him, surrounding him in minutes. The man knew darkness and fear and then he knew no more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here goes the prologue. I am really feeling pumped about this story, so hopefully I don't hit rock bottom after the prologue (which happens a lot for me sadly).

Anyways, comment if you liked it. Subscribe if you really liked it. And thank you for reading.

Have a great day my lovelies!