Sequel: A Twist in His Story
Status: Complete!

A Twist in my Story

I've Never Gotten A Cast Removed Before.

I sat in the front seat of Aunt Patricia’s car, picking at the bottom of my red t-shirt as the sleeves of my black hoodie covered my pale finger tips. My hoodie was unzipped as it revealed my plain red t-shirt that hung like a dress on my thin body. I was heavier and healthier than what I was when I first arrived here and honestly, I was glad. I felt more energetic than what I use to be, I felt like I could joke around without getting beaten for it, I felt as if I could be myself.
I glanced over towards the door, watching as Aunt Patricia left the house, locking it behind her a hurried towards the car. It was a Monday Morning, and I was finally getting my cast off. Both Zeke and Izzy knew this so they happily left without me. They had gone back to ignoring my presence and hadn’t once yelled at me for Friday, so I was sort of glad about that.
Rose and Xander were happy that I was getting my cast off, they said now they had a more wider variety of things to do without my cast. I was glad to finally ditch the crutches and cast and learn to rely on the ‘boot’ to help me learn to walk again. I knew I wouldn’t go straight to walking simply because it had been so long since I had walked by myself, the last time I did walk by myself was when I was cooped up in the house with the monster I have no choice in calling my biological father.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Aunt Patricia repeated as she climbed into the car, closing the door behind her as she drew the seatbelt over her body.
“What for?” I asked, glancing over sideways at her.
“We’re running late!” She screeched before shoving her keys into the ignition and backing out of the driveway, onto the road.
“Oh,” I mumbled, looking down at lap as she zoomed away from the house.

I wasn’t in the hospital very long and when we had left, sure enough, we were heading towards the school. I knew I was going to school today no matter how long it took them to take the cast off, so instead of asking for the day off, I sat in silence and stared out the window until the scenery changed from unfamiliar to very familiar.
Soon enough Aunt Patricia stopped in front of the school, gave me a kiss on the cheek and watched me climb out with my school bag before driving off.
Staring at where the car used to be, I shrugged my shoulders and headed towards the office to sign in. The lady didn’t pay much attention to me as she gave me a late slip and told me to get to class, which just happened to be the last five minutes of Art. When I wandered inside I noticed that everyone was painting to compete for another one of Misses Burrows competitions. Misses Burrows noticed me straight away and beamed over at me before she skipped towards me happily. Yes, the teacher skipped.
“They’re painting their favourite animal! It’s so exciting watching their talent. Your friend, um what’s his name? Damien! Yes, that’s it, is painting an excellent painting of a wolf tearing and eating a human, in fact the human looks similar to you. It is simply marvellous,” she gushed, but I paid no attention to what she was saying.
Damien, a friend? Very, very doubtful. I would never befriend a bully, and like one would befriend me. I shook my head as Misses Burrows clapped her hands together, announcing that she was now going to be checking over the paintings and sure enough, she presented Damien as the winner and gave him two vouchers for free dinner at a restaurant.
Damien smirked at this before he shoved the prize into his pocket and stood with a bow as the class clapped half-heartedly. Damien then grabbed his bag as the bell let out a loud shrill, informing us that it was now Lunch time. Everyone rushed out of the room as Misses Burrows went to her laptop to once again be absorbed by the screen while Damien dawdled behind the crowd.
Damien kept his eyes on me as he passed by, a smirk rising up to his face before he looked away and disappeared out of sight. Blinking oddly in his direction, I left the Art room to go around the back and find Rosie, unsure if she even knew I was at school yet. Most likely not.
As I moved around the corner, I noticed Rose Lying on the chair, he eyes closed as her arms were rested behind her head. I smiled at her before I bolted towards her, tackling her off of the chair and onto the soft grassy ground. I grinned down at her as I now straddled her body, watching as she glared up at me. I gave her a cheeky grin, making her glare waver before she beamed up at me. I rolled my eyes at her and moved off of her, sitting back up onto the seat to face the large tree, watching Rosie as she climbed up from the ground with a grunt.
“I see you’re now crutch-less,” Rose muttered, brushing the grass off of her clothes.
“Yup! It’s great,” I replied happily, making her glance over at me with a curious expression.
“I thought you were meant to have a weak ankle?”
“I thought so too, but I can run and walk fine, maybe a bit slower than usual, but I blame that on the ‘boot’,” I said, pointing to the large, grey plastic thing that covered my sock covered foot.
“You have a foot!” Rosie exclaimed with a grin, making me roll my eyes.
“Oh, really? I would have never discovered that without your help.”
“I’m glad to be of assistance,” Rose replied with a proud nod as she sat beside me on the chair.
Rose and I didn’t speak for a while after that, but I could tell that Rose was deep in thought. She had her hands clasped together on her lap as she stared off at a leaf on the ground with a serious expression, it was sort of amusing watching her eyebrows twitch every now and then.
“Hey, Caleb?”
“Yes?” I asked, dragging out the word in a strange voice.
“Do you think we will still be friends when we’re older and out of school?” Rosie asked, looked over at me as she bit her lip.
“Of course, I want to know you for my whole life.”
“Really?”
“What a silly question, of course really! You are such a smart girl, but you definitely have your moments,” I replied, shaking my head with a smile.
“Well, I’m glad you think so, you’re the best friend I’ve ever had.”
“You’ve had other friends?” I gasped in fake shock.
“Yes, thank you very much,” Rosie said, slapping me on the shoulder with a chuckle.
“Aw, did I hurt poor wittle Wosie’s feewings?” I asked childishly with a pout.
“Shut up,” Rosie whined, pouting as well.
“Ne—”
“If you say never I will punch you in the face,” Rosie said, interrupting me jokingly.
“Gosh, always so violent,” I muttered, shaking my head.
“You bet,” she murmured in response, flashing me a quirky smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading you marvelous people! :D
Also, I completed my maths assignment, so I no longer have an excuse for late posts.
And a bigger, better also, THANK YOU TO Jemma_Vengeance6661X AND ViceorVirtue? FOR COMMENTING! I love you guys :D