Sequel: A Twist in His Story
Status: Complete!

A Twist in my Story

I've Never Had Someone That Cares.

Two weeks had passed since that dreadful night. I was informed that my father had been sent to jail for seven years for child abuse; but personally, I didn’t think seven years was enough. I could still see his evil brown eyes and his pudgy body perfectly. I could hear his mocking laugh as if he was standing right behind me, and I couldn’t eat the delicious hospital food without glancing over my shoulder to make sure that he wasn’t there, but of course, he wasn’t.
I had never experienced eating without fear for almost ten years, and truthfully, it felt like heaven. It felt like I could eat as much as I wanted, even though I did. It felt so odd to have a full stomach, and I was quickly growing irritated by the saddened glances that the police officers, nurses and doctors kept throwing at me and overall, I was glad to be leaving the hospital.
I sat in a wheelchair beside the hospital bed, looking saddened that I wouldn’t be able to lay in something as comfortable as that for a long time, the nurse that was in the room to make sure I was alright watched as I used my pale, bandaged hand to stroke the neatly made bed.
I heard the nurse’s walky-talky thing beep, making the nurse in front of me rise up from her seat and walk over to where I sat, pushing me towards the door and away from the hospital room. Some nurses waved a goodbye as this nurse rolled me down the corridor. I looked down at my broken leg, looking over the blue cast that had multiple amounts of signatures all over it from the police officers, nurses and doctors.
I had no idea why they would sign a cast, and when I asked one of the nurses she just looked at me oddly before answering ‘It’s just what you do.’ Yeah, thanks for clearing that up for me…
I shook my head as I noticed two police officers standing near the entrance, both of them holding their hats in their hands as they waited for me, them both grinning when they saw me.
“You got your stitches out!” the policewoman exclaimed happily making my hand reach for the base of my neck as I flashed her a half-hearted smile.
The policeman nodded and said a thank you to the nurse as he retrieved the medication from her before pocketing it as the policewoman wheeled me out, chattering away about my recovery.
It wasn’t long until I was sitting in the back of the police cruiser with my right leg placed upon the seat beside me as they drove away from the hospital.
I was confused on to where we were going, but I didn’t ask, I didn’t really want to know. I just hoped it didn’t include more people, I felt as if I had socialised enough. Socialising really wasn’t my thing, I was sort of glad for the fact that my father had kept me locked up all these years because truthfully, socialising was worse than the punishment I received. I had informed one of the officers that and they told me that counseling will help with that defect I had. Well isn’t that kind?
I let out a small cough when the police cruiser came to a halt, the seatbelt tightening around me making me wince in pain as I rubbed my ribs.
“Sorry kid, I didn’t mean to stop so suddenly,” the policeman said with a cheeky smile.
“S’okay,” I mumbled back as the policewoman informed me this was my stop.
They helped me climb out of the car before handing me a pair of jeans, underwear and a shirt as well as one shoe. The police officers pointed me in the direction of the toilets before telling me to meet them back here after I was done.
I pushed through the crowd of the airport, trying to make my way to the toilet without someone tipping over my wheelchair and it was surprisingly difficult to do so. I could feel the pain from my wrists with every move I made to make the wheels turn. After I had finally made it to the toilets, I undressed myself out of the hospital gown and redressed myself as fast as I could, which, mind you, wasn’t very fast.
After several minutes, I came back strolling out in proper clothes, feeling very comfortable as I made my way back over to them, the policewoman clapping delightfully and congratulating me as if I was her son and had won first place in the national swimming competition.
I gave her an odd look as they rolled me inside the large building and got my ticket for a flight to Fresno, California.
“W-why am I going overseas?” I asked, worried as I stared at the two adults.
“Because that’s where the rest of your family is. I’m surprised you never asked earlier. You’re going to live with your Aunt, Uncle and Cousins,” the officer spoke with a smile.
“O-oh,” I stuttered, fear instantly running through my thin, bony body.
The rest of the day passed by slowly, I had to wait almost over an hour to get my passport and other documents –which I didn’t even know I had—checked. I had to get my bags, which contained of several sets of clean clothes which the officers must have bought, along with some toiletries, the right shoe that matched the shoe I was wearing at the moment and my medical supplies, along with a book they told me I could read.
I just nodded numbly when they told me the last one, I was unsure if I even knew how to read anymore. After all the airport processes, I was finally on the plane, in the comfortable plastic blue seats in the economy section.
After trying to read a set of instructions the officers had given me, I finally dozed off, knowing that this twenty-three hour trip was going to feel like a lifetime long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!
I know it wasn't very good, but I'll try to make the next one better! :D