Status: On going!

Chlorine

ena

Alice was in the middle of unpacking her bags, folding her t-shirts and hanging her dresses inside her wardrobe when there was a knock on her dorm room. Her room was designated only for one person with cracking baby blue wall paint and several band posters from its previous owner. To hear the knock on her door, Alice was sure if it’s for her.

Strolling to her door, she found that the door knob was hung slightly crooked and even the door was hard to pull. She couldn’t believe she needed to pay $ 4,000 per semester for this kind of housing, she reminded herself to complain to the housing department. As she opened the door, she was shoved inside and couldn’t comprehend what was going on until loud squeal erupted.

“ALICIA ROSEMARY WATERVILLE!” Alice knew the voice was coming from no other than her sister, well, her half-sister, Anita. Anita hugged her younger sister tightly and told Alice that she missed her so much meanwhile Alice could only make out a squeak. “It’s so good to see you! How’s mom and dad? I’m so sorry I haven’t been around for a while. I got stuck here the entire semester and look, I barely see home! How’s the little Aaron? I heard he got into summer camp. Bla-bla-bla.” Alice was only listening to Anita one-sided disgustingly happy ramble without answering or questioning everything because she knew it too well not to interrupt Anita when she rambles.

Alice drank in her sister’s feature as she found changes here and there. Anita kept her wavy brunette with some lighter ombre on the tips, she became more gorgeous and ever since the last time Alice saw her in the last Thanksgiving. Anita had this aura of happiness every time she talks, sometimes Alice wishes she could smile like the way Anita did. Anita was Alice’s older half-sister by one year because their mother—Anna—married Anita’s father—Samuel—and had Anita. Two months after that they fought, ended their marriage because Samuel was accused to cheat on Anna. Anna found a guy and got pregnant with Alice but the guy left Anna, then two years later Anna and Samuel reunited when Anita was two and a half year old and Alice was just celebrating her first birthday. They’re still together ever since.

Sometimes, Alice would feel that she’s an unwanted child because she’s the only half-sibling between Anita and Aaron, Anita practically only has a brother not a sister but as she grew up she learned even Samuel wasn’t her biological father, he’s a compassionate family man, he never distinguished Alice that made Alice loved him like her own father.

“Anyway! Have you checked the Greek houses? What you’re gonna choose? I’m in Kappa Epsilon. The sisters are all awesome and fun!” Anita exclaimed and pushed Alice to her bed and examined Alice’s dorm room. “Oh God, you totally need get into the Greek, some of them provide great housing, mine is like a suite”

Alice frowned, “you’re in Kappa? I thought—“

“Yeah, I’m supposed to get into Beta Theta Chi since mom is a co-founder but don’t forget grams was a Kappa too. Beta’s president is a bitch, she’s an evil, lying and manipulating bitch! I got hazed pretty bad several times even though I’m a legacy, I don’t know what’s her problem but she really needs to get crushed! That’s why I’m here to tell you something super important!” Anita’s voice was up and down depended on her emotion about her Greek life. “But, that can wait later, now… what’s your plan for tonight?” Anita was really good at handling one-sided conversation maybe because she loved doing monologues. Alice got confused a lot because Anita talked so fast without full stop.

“Uhh.. I’m unpacking and tidying my room, I guess?” Alice grinned and shrugged off shoulder. She looked around the pile of clothes she just started to unpack.

“You’re not! I’m taking you to a party! There’s a frat party at Omicron, you should totally go with me so people will know there’s another Anna Hawkins' legacy that worth to bid!”

“But—“

“AH!” Anita held up her finger to Alice and ran to Alice’s wardrobe to grab some dresses or cute clothing for Alice. Alice rolled her eyes, she’s always defeated when Anita lost it. Alice was weary, she just reached her dorm room after seven hours drive from home, she didn’t want to go, but every time Anita insisted, Alice knew she couldn’t refuse her.

---

Alice was poorly scanning the room that filled with people she didn’t recognize, of course, since she’s a freshman and wasn’t supposed to party in her first day there. Anita let out her fruity laugh when a guy was talking to her, she looked appealing tonight and it didn’t need a rocket scientist to know that that guy was totally into her. Anita introduced the guy to as Logan Peter to Alice. Logan was in Anita’s Psychological Statistic class and he was an Omicron. Alice only threw her polite smile and excused herself when she thought it’s better to leave the lovebirds to flirt shamelessly without her presence.

“Just don’t accept drinks from strangers, sist!” so much a sister Anita was, she brought Alice here and then abandoned her when she met a guy. Anita was just being Anita. Alice waved to her sister and marched out from the frat house because the room smelled too much like a weed, it made her dizzy. When she reached out, she spotted a large backyard with swimming pool, the backyard was also crowded, but at least she could feel some fresh air. She walked near the pool as she held her drink and sporadically sipped it, being her awkward self.

Alice was standing near the pool, scanning people who was swimming with their clothes on, they looked like they had fun. Alice just wished she could get rid of her fear of deep water, she wished she could swim like everybody did. When she’s around six year old, she almost killed herself when she jumped into the sea. Alice and her family were having a vacation because Samuel had always wanted to fish in the deep blue sea. Alice jumped into the water because she thought the sea was so blue she wanted to swim, but she didn't have experience with swimming in the deep blue sea so turned out she was drowning. It turned worse when she noticed a shark was swimming on her way, her parents went panic, Samuel quickly swam to save the drowning Alice, fortunately the shark didn’t notice Samuel and Alice, and both were safe.

Alice still could remember the silhouette of the big shark was swimming on her way, it gave her nightmare. Since that day, Alice was always scared of the deep even though it’s swimming pool. She always imagined that there’s a shark in there. It was such a stupid fear that held her back to have fun in the water.

“You’re the younger Waterville, aren’t you?” a feminine voice snapped out Alice’s thoughts as she quickly turned her head to find four beautiful girls stood behind her. One of them wore a tshirt with Beta Theta Chi’s Greek alphabet printed on it. The girl who talked to Alice was the infamous Amelia Mendoza that Anita pointed out the time they reached the frat house. The same Amelia Mendoza who put Anita in torturous hazing on the rush week, the one and only Beta’s president. Nodded was the only thing Alice could do before she was crushed by a sudden tight hug. Amelia hugged and squealed at Alice as her three friends smiled widely with twinkle on their eyes.

“Finally! I heard another Waterville is coming yet now you’re already here. I’m happy there’s still one legacy left for our house! Yay! I’m so putting bids on you!” Amelia smiled so innocently and her smile looked honest to Alice. She never thought the evil Amelia that Anita told her about was this ummm.. nice? “Ugh, where’s my manners? I’m Amelia Mendoza, the president of Beta Theta Chi!” Amelia took Alice’s hand and shook it in excitement.

“Alicia Waterville. But just Alice, please.” Alice awkwardly smiled, Amelia approached Alice again and held her hands with eyes looked so hopeful and caring.

“Don’t forget to check our chapter house on rush week, I’m so happy I could be a sister to Anna Hawkins’s legacy. It’s an honor!” Hugs were exchanged again and then one by one the three other girls were huddling Alice giving her tight hug as if they were long lost sister.

The girls hugged Alice and didn’t let her go before another voice came, Alice saw a tall, handsome guy with six-pack to show off walked to her with grin on his mouth. “Younger Waterville, yeah?” the girls finally let Alice to breathe and Amelia suddenly jumped into the guy’s hug, giving him a big wet kiss.

Alice wanted to gag, she hardly enjoyed public display of affection for her poor eyes. The couple finally stopped doing their mouth-wrestling as Amelia leaned on the guy’s chest. Amelia introduced the guy as Teddy Sheldon, her boyfriend. Alice threw another polite smile to another newly found stranger and awkwardly sipped her cup. She found something off with Teddy, whether it’s his disturbing shirtless six-pack body that sexually mind-torturing girls or his stare that almost like a creep at Alice, it’s like he’s trying to peel her clothes off by his eyes when he scanned her body. Great, first day and some creep had already ogled her.

“So, are you having fun? I’m hosting the party here, so it’s my responsibility to make people let alone a legacy to have fun.” Teddy showed his perfect pearly whites and winked to Alice.

“Yeah, it’s fun.” Alice replied lamely and shrugged off her shoulder.

“No, no, no, no!” suddenly Teddy shouted as everyone’s eyes turned to him. “Everybody! Someone’s not having fun at Omicron’s party! What should we do?” this time Teddy shouted louder and earned some cheers from the crowd.

“POOL! POOL! POOL!” Everybody on the backyard and in the swimming pool cheered and threw their fist to the air. All of a sudden, Alice’s eyes widened and questioned what’s going on. She didn’t mean to make a scene, yet this Teddy did something she didn’t expect. She just said the party was fun and what the hell with these people?

“Go get her, Tiger.” Amelia smiled sweetly and pecked his cheek. Teddy grinned from ear to ear as the ‘POOL!’ cheers kept going. “Consider this as your welcoming party, sister.” Amelia winked as Alice noticed Teddy was approaching her.

“No! I’m okay! Seriously!” Alice panicked and in a second, Teddy had her. He carried Alice in a bridal style as he came near to the side of the pool. “NO! NO TEDDY! No! Please don’t! I can’t swim!” she desperately cried but apparently Teddy didn’t hear her and threw her high until she hit the water with a huge splash.

Alice’s feet barely touch the floor when she surfaced, she struggled to grab anyone near her so she wouldn’t drown but unfortunately the guys near her only laughed and swam away from her. Alice tried her hardest to reach the floor below her with no avail as her head was under the water her mind replayed the memories when a shark was swimming near her. The fear of depth started to consume her, Alice’s cries of help were muffled by the water and she could only heard laughter and cheers near her.

“YOU IDIOT! MY SISTER CAN’T SWIM! OH MY GOD, ALICE!” Alice knew it was the voice of Anita but she couldn’t see her in her state. She’s drowning and beginning to lose some oxygen, her wet clothes were heavy as it dragged her down.

Before she’s losing her conscious, she heard another big splash and felt a body came to her, pulling her out from the water. Quickly snaking her arm on the stranger’s neck, she began to breathe properly. She was really panicked and beyond scared so she began to cry, her arms tightened on the stranger's neck. The neck was totally male if she could feel the muscle and the strong arms on her body. As they reached the side of the pool, the shallow part of the pool, her feet finally met the floor but she didn’t let her arms go, she’s still in shock as her back shuddered.

“It’s okay, you’re safe now.” The masculine voice whispered. Surprised, Alice slowly let go her arms from the stranger’s neck. She pulled away and was stunned to see a pair of piercing emerald eyes, he had a strong jaw with one-day old stubble, just by seeing his wet face, Alice’s face went bit red and could hear her heart thumping on her ears.

“Thank you…” Alice whispered at the stranger as she quickly pulled out by Anita who then hugged her.

“Are you okay?” Anita asked hopefully and held Alice’s face on her hands so she could see Alice’s eyes if she’s okay. Alice just bobbed her head up and down weakly. “Thank God. Oh I’m so sorry, Alice. Let’s just get you back, okay?”

Anita helped Alice to get up and led her out as she threw a disdain look at Teddy and Amelia. Alice ignored the boo-hoo’s from some people and felt she was freezing. Her clothes are all wet, for God’s sake! What’s wrong with these frat boys? It’s really embarrassing that people knew she couldn’t swim. Alice inwardly whined and promised that she wouldn’t attend another stupid frat house party. Ever.

---
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe :)