Status: On going!

Chlorine

okto

Gustav was sitting alone at the cafeteria with his lunch on the table. He sipped on his lemon squash while he was scrolling down his phone, checking on his social media account. His home feed was filled with pictures from last night party and tweets about what happened last night. He found his pictures when he was playing pool billiard with his friends, pictures of Ryder when he was smashed from playing beer pong with Teddy, and there was also a picture of Alice who stared at the camera shyly. Alice’s photo made Gustav smile, she indeed looked gorgeous last night. When his finger kept scrolling the page, he also found Ryder and Alice kissing picture which suddenly made him frowned.

Sighing, he checked on people’s profile and he stopped at Anita’s tweets. ‘Guys are jerks, does the world stop breeding good guys?’ on her tweet, Gustav found several comments about Logan, there was also hate comments calling her with rude names and also a comment from her best friend Lydia saying about it was a good thing that Anita finally broke up with Logan.

“What?!!” Gustav interjected. He didn’t see it coming because the last time he remembered Logan was being protective toward Anita and they went into mushy couple again but then again it was a relief that finally Gustav could make some move to her.

Unexpectedly, he heard someone was groaning behind him. As he turned his head, he saw Ryder made some face when he clearly was watching what Gustav was on about. “Oh God, seriously? You’re still doing that? You’re stalking her profile, dude. That’s creepy.” Ryder commented and then decided to sit next to Gustav.

Gustav examined his good friend in front of him with confusion. Ryder wore glasses and Gustav could see that his left eye was black. Gustav didn’t meet Ryder again after he saw him kissing Alice, he’s off somewhere but what Gustav didn’t expect was Ryder fought with someone. But there was nothing major on his face, there was no cut lips, no bruises on his cheek or anything, just one black eye.

“Whoa man, what happened?” It was an automatic response from Gustav. Ryder threw his backpack on the table and let out his notebook with his right hand. His left hand was still in sling but as Gustav saw Ryder could slowly move his left hand.

“Nothing serious. Some guy was drunk and accidentally punched me in the face, so yeah.” Ryder shrugged his shoulder off and then fished out his phone from his pocket, checking it. “So where’s the girl?”

“What girl?” Gustav wondered.

“Of course it’s the Waterville chick, who else?” Ryder rolled his eyes.

“Oh. I don’t know. I just figured she broke up with his boyfriend…and I don’t know, I think I’ll try my luck on it.” Gustav began to munch his sandwich and leaned back on his chair.

Ryder palmed his face, “I know about Anita, of course you’ll try to make a move on her by the time she broke up. That’s not difficult to guess. I mean the other sister, Alice Waterville.”

“Ah… Alice? I haven’t seen her.” Gustav answered. “What about her?” he watched Ryder took his phone and dialed some number. Ryder didn’t answer Gustav and kept listening to the dialing tone.

“You’re so freaking fussy, Ryder! I just left my design communication class five minutes ago. It takes time to get here.” It was Alice who finally came with bitter face as she sat next to Gustav. Gustav turned to her and watched her sweet little brown eyes. He smile to her and he would admit that he missed her, he missed the chance to talk with her last night as he kind of felt guilty of leaving her since he promised to take care of her.

“Well you didn’t reply my text. What should I do? I still need your help with my notebook, remember?”

“Patience, I need your patience. Not everything revolves around you.”

“You’re overdramatic, Alice.” Ryder scoffed cynically and shook his head at her.

“Wow! Look who’s talking!”

“Well, you are a drama queen.” Ryder grinned mischievously and made Alice got annoyed even more.

Gustav watched his two friends were bickering non-stop. Alice was mad on the other way Ryder seemed to enjoy it. He thought they finally found their common ground, but today he felt that it’s getting worse between them. Remembering last night they kissed, it should be an indicator that they’re getting closer, weren’t they?

“You insufferable dimwit!” Alice barked and slightly boomed her fist on the table making Ryder involuntary bounced off from his seat and covered his face with his right hand.

“Whoa, whoa, Alice… Relax. You know how Ryder is…” Gustav chuckled nervously and patted her shoulder. He could see her blue eyes were filled with angry flames and he secretly liked when she’s all riled up because she looked cuter.

“You’re lucky I don’t sit next to you or else I can give you a good punch again. Just for you, Ryder.” Alice spat and then folded her hands over her chest with a pout played on her pretty face, Gustav knitted his eyebrows together and then turned his head to Ryder.

“What do you mean with punching him again?” Gustav asked, this time he was curious that it seemed something’s off. By judging on Ryder’s shifting expression and his black eye, Gustav realized something. “Oh my God, dude. It was Alice who gave you the black eye?” Gustav couldn’t help but chortled loudly making Ryder glowered at him with a silent message to shut up.

“Yeah it was me. He’s super drunk and freaking kissed me last night. On the mouth. Ew.” She shuddered and rolled her eyes, with that Gustav couldn’t help it, his stomach hurt from laughing so hard. He felt something was lifted up from his shoulder, his weird knots in his stomach disappeared as he learned that the kiss Ryder and Alice shared last night was just a stunt. Alice explained about Ryder’s losing his beer pong game with Teddy and then he puked at her, he was really drunk and needed some assistance from Alice and bam! Ryder kissed her from out of nowhere.

Gustav watched Alice animatedly about how it’s a reflect move to punch Ryder in the eye. Her punch was solid because it gave Ryder black eyes, the bruise probably would disappear for a couple days.

“Just copy down my notes and shut up, Alice.” Ryder muttered and slid his notebook toward Alice’s direction then Alice effortlessly began to write. Gustav grinned from ear to ear watching Alice, he didn’t know he just felt so happy and less anxious about her. His view shifted to Ryder who was silently watching Alice like a hawk, there was something in his eyes that Gustav recognized. It was a wicked amusement for Ryder, and then he realized that Gustav stared at him, Ryder only arched his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulder off.

Gustav smirked, he snickered at his two funny friends but then his snicker stopped when he saw a figure was approaching their table with a poise walk. She slid her sunglasses up to her head and displayed her beautiful face that Gustav always loved to stare at. Her clicking heels stopped in front of his table and she offered a seductive smile at Gustav.

“Hello gentlemen…” Anita greeted while she was adjusting her handbag on her hand. Gustav swallowed hard as he saw Anita’s outfit of the day. It was a sunny day and her summer dress was a bit transparent to wear for school, he was sure he could see the lines of her bra. “Alice, I’ve been searching for you.” She added as Alice raised her head with a nervous look.

“Umm.. hi, Ani! These are my friends. Ryder and… Gustav.” Alice introduced then quickly Gustav could feel the shift of emotion of Alice by seeing her different facial expression.

“Oh Alice, of course I know Ryder and Gustav. I’ve known them long before you knew them. You’re still new here…” Anita chuckled and then stole glances to Gustav as she put her manicured hand on his shoulder, squeezing him lightly.

Alice chuckled nervously, “Oh sure, silly me. I just thought since you’re not in their major so… uhh, just forget it. So what’s up?” Alice stammered.

Gustav angled his head to Ryder, he knew it wasn’t just him who noticed the changing in Alice’s demeanor. Alice was a walking fireball when she argued with Ryder and he knew Alice was sort of an all-smiley girl with perfect smile, she was fun but then when Anita appeared, Alice went down like she wasn’t the girl Gustav knew. Alice was a nervous wreck and socially awkward in front of her own sister. He even noticed she was fidgeting her fingers under the table, she looked nervous.

“Oh, well… I think it’s been a long time since the last time I went to sleep over your place, isn’t it? I’d like to have our girly night, tonight. How is it?” Anita told Alice but Gustav realized that Anita was staring at him with twinkle in her eyes.

Alice cleared her throat, “Can’t you just text me? I could have always said yes. We’re sisters.” Alice showed her frown to her sister.

Anita giggled, “Awesome.” Anita turned to Gustav, giving her best shot of her pearly white smile. “So Gustav, I had fun last night. We should hang out again sometime.”

Gustav smiled like a fool and inwardly thinking about Anita liked his companion which was good news. “Of course. I think that’s a good idea…” He scratched the back of his head as he could feel his heart was hammering inside his chest. Gustav turned to Ryder who was rolling his eyes and then to Alice who looked down, she continued with Ryder’s notes as if she ignored Gustav and Anita’s presence.

“Hey Alice, my PT session in an hour. Let’s go.” Ryder abruptly got off from his chair then slung his backpack on his shoulder. Alice lifted his head again and looked startled at Ryder’s sudden invitation. She looked at her watch and realized that it’s still like two hours before the session not in an hour, Ryder must be forgotten. Alice nodded and followed Ryder after she said her goodbye to Anita and Gustav. She sighed, she inwardly thanked Ryder to forgetting his session hour or else she would be watching Anita and Gustav in pain.

---

Alice couldn’t believe that Wild Foxes finally launched a new album and they’re going into a tour. Alice was waiting for Ryder in the waiting room with magazine in her hand. She was grinning as she read the article about her favorite band and couldn’t wait to buy their new album. As she read about the band, Gustav’s smile flashed in her mind. She remembered talking with him about Wild Foxes in her dorm room. It should be amazing if she could have a chance to ask Gustav to watch their concert.

The door in front of her slowly creaked, Ryder was walking out with a sling on his left hand. Alice put back the magazine into its rack and followed Ryder to the cashier where she could pay for his PT session. Alice rummaged her bag to get her purse, but then was stopped by Ryder when she was about to pay.

“I got this,” he silently told her while he’s fishing out his wallet and quickly gave the money to the cashier. Alice looked dazed at his gesture. She wasn’t sure why he paid for his PT session. She thought she would be paying for his PT sessions? And his bike?

“Why did you pay for it? Isn’t it like my responsibility?” Alice questioned when both of them were walking out from the student health center building. Ryder stopped at his track when he heard her, he turned to Alice and watched her blue eyes.

“We’re going to the city next week and you will pay for my lunch.” He answered, making Alice knitted her brows. She didn’t get it.

“What do you mean next week?”

Ryder rolled his eyes, “you’re coming with me to the city next Monday and you will pay for my lunch.”

“But why the city? I can treat you in Java Jive, they have great cooks—“

“I have an errand to run in the city. You’re coming with me. Stop asking questions…” He added and started to walk again. Alice made a face and exhaled in annoyance as she followed Ryder but then Ryder turned his head over his shoulder, “thanks for today, you can go back to whatever you’re doing. I’ll be picking you up after your first class, okay?”

Alice stopped her pace, “but I have basic math at four.”

“It won’t take long, you won’t miss the class. The city is like only thirty minutes from here.” Ryder concluded as he watched Alice’s thinking face. The way she pulled some expression is cute, he just noticed it.

Alice blew a wind up to her bangs, “okay then. You’re gonna be fine by yourself?”

“Oh please.” He snorted and out of character ruffled Alice’s hair that made Alice silently jolted on her spot. “But thanks for asking though. I’ll see you around.” With that Ryder jogged away from where Alice stood.

Alice only watched the fading figure of Ryder who’s jogging back to Sigma’s chapter house direction. “Did he hit his head or something?” was the only response from her confusion of Ryder’s weird manner toward her.

---
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys how are you???? This chapter is dedicated for my loyal silent reader out there, thank you! I'm so sorry, I've been busy with school and stuff, also I've been attacked by HUGEEEEEEEEE writer's block. OMG. Next month I'll be having a four month internship and I can't promise you guys fast updates.

Toodles!

xx
LL